Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wont start with key, will start by jumping starter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont start with key, will start by jumping starter..

ok, im at my wits end.. my car wont start with the key, it was working fine stopped to get lunch and it wouldnt start again with the key.. i can jump it at the starter and it starts and runs fine.. i have power to the switch, when i turn the key it sends power from the switch, im now at the clutch switch which im not sure if it is a pos or neg for the clutch switch.. also my plug for the clutch switch only has 2 wires. (M/T) but has spaces for 3 wires.. i think i checked all the relays but im not sure.. i just want to drive my car.. im so streesed out with life i need to cruise my bad ass accord to destress... its not my daily, its my toy.. its what i use to get away on a fast road and use the 2000 watt amp and the 4 12's so i dont put a gun to my head... lol please help... i need to take that drive.. Thank you in advance for any help...

Did the rubber bumper fall out of the front or back of the clutch pedal?
    Last edited by F22Chris; 12-19-2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

no it is there, brand new

Comment

ive changed the clutch switch, the key switch... nothing.. i can jump it at the starter with the cluch switch unpluged

Comment

its something between the key switch (which is good) and the starter (which is good)

Comment

im at the point where i just want to beat it to death and call pyp.. unfortunally the 100 + hours i personally spent on the body and paint wont let me..

Comment

It’s a two wire harness st the clutch switch. Hope this helps.

Comment

do you have a picture of the starter relay??

Comment

or exactly where it is located

Comment

From OEM manual:

Starter Relay by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Did you put a new or used clutch switch in? You should have power to the BLU/RED wire at the clutch switch when you turn the key to START. With the plug disconnected, jump a wire across the two pins. If it starts with the plug jumped, then the switch is the problem.

The consequence of the plug in the pedal being missing it that it would allow you to attempt to start it with the clutch pedal all the way up.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

looks like im not getting power to either wire

Comment

Originally posted by Slammed Accord View Post
                        looks like im not getting power to either wire
                        When you say "either wire", to which wires are you referring specifically?

Did you check fuse #9 in the inside fuse box?
                        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-20-2018, 09:38 AM.
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

for the clutch switch

Comment

When you turn the key to START (should only be power to the BLU/RED wire)? Do you have power to the BLK/WHT wire on at the starter relay when you turn the key to START?

Looks like an error in the OEM manual. Another page shows the starter relay in a different location and identifies the first as the horn relay. Check the wire colors.

Starter Relay 2 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
                            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-20-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

i was getting late and i didnt find the strter relay.. i will iin an hour.. not sure if i got any power to the clutch switch.. bout the only thing i can confirm is im getting power on the blk/wht to the fuse box..

Comment

Working...
                              X