Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

closest you can get the CB to sound like an "STI"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to let u guys know, its not an exhaust leak

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Running on 3 cylinders, good job.

Comment

spark plug came loose! i know it!

Rip It Up
        Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Whatever it is, I think it sounds like shit. And the closest anyone has come to the right answer is his spark plug wires being mixed up, which I'm sure can't be good for his motor, but, whatever I guess??

Comment

forgot to tighten spark plugs?
            forgot to plug a wire in?

Comment

QUOTE=Raf99;2394252]What was it ?

I always wondered why do STI's sound like they do?

[edit]: found the answer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat-fo...Automobile_use
              "With a piston starting its power strokes every 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation, and the crank throws 180 degrees apart, all the pistons must come to complete stop and reverse before the next one can start its power stroke. This results in a gap between power strokes and a pulsating delivery of power to the flywheel."[/QUOTE]

FAIL. USDM STi's sound the way they do due tan unequal length header design. CIP:

If replaced with an equal length header, Suby's sound
              like anyother four cyl
              And Jmolina is rolling around with a sparkplug unplugged for some reason....
              Last edited by zack_odom; 01-22-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

^^^

Your muffler is bent as hell!!!!

Is that your brothers recent cb??

Comment

Spark plugs came loose? lol
                  -Will

Comment

theres a midget underneath the car farting?

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      What was it ?

[edit]: found the answer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat-fo...Automobile_use
                      "With a piston starting its power strokes every 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation, and the crank throws 180 degrees apart, all the pistons must come to complete stop and reverse before the next one can start its power stroke. This results in a gap between power strokes and a pulsating delivery of power to the flywheel."
                      That is the same thing Accords have.

The reason the STi sounds the way it does is that the cylinder banks have unequal length runs, which results in the exhaust pulses being offset. If you put equal length exhaust components on a Subie, it sound just like a Volkswagen, or any other flat engine, which is to say, much like an inline engine.

But for marketing reasons, Subaru leaves them unequal length to give them that uneven beat.

P.S. If you run an Accord on 3 cylinders, or have bent valves it will sound almost identical to a Subaru.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Is that an Oompa Loompa driving?

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                          QUOTE=Raf99;2394252]What was it ?

"With a piston starting its power strokes every 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation, and the crank throws 180 degrees apart, all the pistons must come to complete stop and reverse before the next one can start its power stroke. This results in a gap between power strokes and a pulsating delivery of power to the flywheel."
                          FAIL. USDM STi's sound the way they do due tan unequal length header design. CIP:

If replaced with an equal length header, Suby's sound
                          like anyother four cyl
                          And Jmolina is rolling around with a sparkplug unplugged for some reason....[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

hey guys, this is my car and we did not do this on purpose, we're heading to get something to eat when out of no where the car started to sound like this, started loosing alot of power and we quickly pulled over, we notice that sparkplug number 4 was disconnected from the distributor. The plug was no longer good, so we went to autozone to buy a new set and it fixed the problem

Comment

I was going to say oil in the plugs.

X2 on the 'Boxer engine' exhaust sound, it's because of the stock header. If ya ever check out their forums, there's many threads about people worried if they're going to lose the "rumble, rumble" sound if installing a Perrin Header.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                Beat me to it.[/QUOTE]
                                Lol gotcha. Actually me being bored at work gotcha lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X