Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head gasket

i just realized today that my head gasket was blown because i have water mixing with oil. car wouldnt start.. is this the reason that it wont start?

lack of compression
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

oil and coolant mix.

ya bro,i know alot of guys with there motor's oil and coolant mixing and they couldnt start it up..i exp. myself too.i didnt tighten the head bolts to spec and i was trying to start it up.all it does crank,choke then die..shit happens when your a noob..but i fixed my problem..lol

whoa dude you from guam?? im from saipan,,nice to meet you..we just neighbors.lol

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_Certified View Post
        i just realized today that my head gasket was blown because i have water mixing with oil. car wouldnt start.. is this the reason that it wont start?
        water is hard to compress and not combustible in heavy amounts
        New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
        tsx retrofit
        f22b dohc boosted
        custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

coolant/water are awesome for lubricating your rod and main bearings.

You shouldn't be driving it anyways if it is blown.

Comment

ive been driving with a blown headgasked for 7 months now and its fucked my motor up pretty bad but still runs

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
              ya bro,i know alot of guys with there motor's oil and coolant mixing and they couldnt start it up..i exp. myself too.i didnt tighten the head bolts to spec and i was trying to start it up.all it does crank,choke then die..shit happens when your a noob..but i fixed my problem..lol

whoa dude you from guam?? im from saipan,,nice to meet you..we just neighbors.lol
              thanks for the info man. i appreciate it.

yup, im from guam! =D nice to meet you too...

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
              water is hard to compress and not combustible in heavy amounts
              thanks. i was using water cause i didnt want to waste money on coolant all the time. i was losing coolant and thought it was my valve stem seal cause my oil wasnt mixing at the time.

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post

i havent driven it for a while. i just put my cams on and noticed the mixture.

Comment

Stop driving it. Replace headgasket As soon as you can. Hopefully, you did not warp the head or block.
                www.PreludePower.com
                BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post

Originally posted by OHOYAMA View Post
                  ive been driving with a blown headgasked for 7 months now and its fucked my motor up pretty bad but still runs
                  Did you learn anything?
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

depends on how bad its blown. Mine was leaking in my F22A6 for a good 4 months, I didn't know what it was at first but eventually I redid everything and it was fine.

Block didn't warp, just the head was slightly warped. It never got as bad as not being able to start the car, just stumbled for about 20-30 sec then cleared itself out. If its that bad, then I would fix it now

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
                      Stop driving it. Replace headgasket As soon as you can. Hopefully, you did not warp the head or block.
                      i havent drove it for about 3 weeks since my semester for college finished so i believe im good. hope none is warped as well.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      If its that bad, then I would fix it now
                      will do that.

Comment

fellaz. 3 days ago, i checked the oil on my car and it wasnt mixing at all. moved the car out of the garage to the front of the house. i noticed the mixture 3 days later. although, i didnt have any water or coolant in the radiator at all before i moved the car. how did it get into the motor when there was already nothing at the radiator?

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_Certified View Post
                          fellaz. 3 days ago, i checked the oil on my car and it wasnt mixing at all. moved the car out of the garage to the front of the house. i noticed the mixture 3 days later. although, i didnt have any water or coolant in the radiator at all before i moved the car. how did it get into the motor when there was already nothing at the radiator?
                          well...if you don't see coolant in the radiator doesn't mean you don't have coolant in the engine...coolant also sits around the cylinder walls of the block...right where the head gasket for the head and block meets..if there is any potential for leaking from cylinder to cylinder, it will leak on compression...
                          changing the head gasket isn't hard...just take your time and learn about the exploded engine pdfs
                          tsx retrofit
                          f22b dohc boosted
                          custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Thanks Gtseviper.

Comment

If you gonna do it...specs, specs, specs...follow it to a T
                              tsx retrofit
                              f22b dohc boosted
                              custom gauges pods

Comment

Working...
                              X