Went to Ozzfest yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Ozzfest yesterday...

Our Chevyfull of dirty metalheads got to the Shoreline Ampitheater around noon and we didn't leave until after midnight.

Ozzy was playing on the smaller second stage at 4pm so we went there when we got in. We shoved and elbowed our way to the barrier separating us heathens from the people who paid a shitload to be right in front of Ozzy. After Black Label Society's set, Ozzy came on and we stormed the gate. I felt kind of sorry for the four or five security guys trying to hold back a horde of drunk rockers. We got to within about twenty feet of the stage and then there were just too many people to go further. Ozzy was awesome... I wasn't expecting much out of him at this stage in his life, but he was sharp and on point. He did Crazy Train, Mr Crowley, Paranoid, and more that I forget right now.

After Ozzy, we went to the main stage. Hatebreed was great and I'm going to pick up their albums. The biggest surprise for me was how good Disturbed was... they blew me away. They were my favorite band on the festival, after Ozzy.

Avenged Sevenfold was pretty lame, the high point was a pretty good cover of Pantera's "Walk." Everyone on the tour was giving much respect to Dimebag Darrell which was nice to hear.

I was disappointed with System Of A Down's performance. They just don't do it for me, but everyone else seemed to love them. My favorite part of their set was when they did an adaptation of Dire Strait's "Sultans Of Swing."

Overall, great concert. I wish it had ended with Disturbed instead of SoaD, but oh well.

Complaint: Fuck what the managers say, Shoreline is NOT in San Francisco, so stop saying "Thank you San Francisco!" after every set.

Tip: make your own shirt. Chicks dig it more.

Walk on home, boy...
    - Ghosty
    WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
    FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

cool shit, and yeah, rip dime.

Comment

Wish I coulda gone...
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

wish they came to atlanta...

i would have loved to drive down to West Palm and crashed at a buddies house, but i dont have the time nor money to blow a weekend like that. plus the fact that show is sold out.

Comment

ozzy can still sing...he can barely talk on that show he has.. im suprised...

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
            ozzy can still sing...he can barely talk on that show he has.. im suprised...
            I know... I was expecting him to get wheeled out on a dolly and propped up in front of a mic but he looked good. He was running around the stage, engaging in audience banter, and throwing buckets of water on us (which was a effing godsend after four hours of dust). Amazingly, his voice was great (although to be fair, he was following Zack Wylde who cannot sing to save his life but is an awesome guitarist.)
            - Ghosty
            WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
            FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Theyre still having Ozzfest? I thought that went the way of Lollapalooza and the Lilith Fair.

Oh well, kids these days will listen to anything.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
              X