Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

alternator or battery terminals cables or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator or battery terminals cables or what?

My car just faild on me in the middle of a hill going up lol my speedometerwent crazy first then the lights went down aswell after a min.. or two it stopped and the whole car went black no lights or nothing. Could it be my alternator or my cables in the battery are supper fat and dont fit the termanols and it has a short thats why i think is that aswell. Need help ima change alternator i just want to know if you guys had a same issue or simolir?

It's probably a ground. A short would blow fuses or set your car on fire, typically. clean your connections and try again.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      It's probably a ground. A short would blow fuses or set your car on fire, typically. clean your connections and try again.
      The thing is they are clean its just the grown has two cables and they are thick and dont fit the terminals would that be the problem they dont go fully in some wires are sticking out i tried looking for bigger terminals but i cant find a that much of thickness.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7TwitchBoy View Post
        The thing is they are clean its just the grown has two cables and they are thick and dont fit the terminals would that be the problem they dont go fully in some wires are sticking out i tried looking for bigger terminals but i cant find a that much of thickness.
        make some out of copper pipe and solder them on.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post

What about to hold them down on the terminals?

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post

What about to hold them down on the terminals?

Comment

Dude, there's screws that tighten the terminals down. Take off the nut, and put it in between where the terminal and nut go.
              Unless I misunderstood the question, then it's the same process for whatever you're trying to ground.
              Last edited by F22Chris; 04-18-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                Dude, there's screws that tighten the terminals down. Take off the nut, and put it in between where the terminal and nut go.
                Unless I misunderstood the question, then it's the same process for whatever you're trying to ground.
                I seen that but i think it's worst cuz it's does not fully get it because my turminal connecters are small from the srew to the end of it. Dont think it will fit. Thanks anyways i think it's a good ideal if is a quick and inexpensive way.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                  I already got it too. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X