Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

98 acura RL black leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 acura RL black leather seats

We got the 98 rl seats ths thread is back I have both seats moving going to fab them in this weekend

she is empty and ready to the take the seats on tomoro will keep you up too date with the install and proggie pictures along the way.

Backseats done.

Getting her cleaned and ready to be fabbed and wired this weekend, and I will use rain gutter repair.

I got the front bolts lined up and this is the first time shes been mounted properly.

passenger side

drivers side

used a 10.9 grade flange nut and welded For the rear inside seat mounts.

this one was a bit harder to do, had to drill spot welded and relocate( this is super thin metal). I did the passenger's side first and made some mistake as you can see I cut the top and wanted to move bolt housing, but decided to do this which was the longer harder method

Now I should have done this for both sides.

UPDATE Finished Still working on car, but everything is working the power and heated seats.

Last edited by 93cb7h22a; 03-11-2016, 02:11 PM.

you should take the carpet out and spray it with some carpet shampoo and a power washer

and that wiring is probably for a Remote Starter, or an Alarm or something like that. those thick black wires with a white stripe are for your starter.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      you should take the carpet out and spray it with some carpet shampoo and a power washer

and that wiring is probably for a Remote Starter, or an Alarm or something like that. those thick black wires with a white stripe are for your starter.
      yeah that black chip thing on the end its a cheap alarm system can won't start when its out I removed it asap and u wouldn't believe the shit on that carpet I found a syrup box from mcds so I'm just going to removed the carpet spray some bleach down has a mildewish smell then line everything with rain gutter repair (redneck dynamat) 10 bucks for 20 feet by 8 in saves lots of money

Comment

well I went ahead and finish the back seat I'm just going to go ahead and post the pictures now and I will put descriptions later I'm about to head to bedbut I will continue working on the front and passenger seats I have the heater switches from the 98 thinking they would work but the 99 Acura TL RL it really didn't matter they both had heated seat but the 99 with the last year that the passenger seat have a heated back they were removed after that and only came with a seat heater

So here i drilled some holes after lining the back seat up to the top backseat brace and used some carriage bolts coming from the trunk in to the cabin and spot welded them in the trunk so you dont have to climb in and out of the trunk to take out the seat. Keep in mind you can use any bolts those are what i had.

securing the seat through the head rest.

just fab'd a tab out of metal and drill hole in one side big enough for the seat belt and buckle to fit through. Reminder these are safety point on the car please remove and re-install correctly.

Just using some rain gutter repair to have better sound dampening ( cheap dynamat )

For this part there were some metal hooks near the mounting brackets cut those off with grinder or bolt cutters. Now on the bottom seat using bolt cutters snip the hooks off and use the hooks from the top seat. u will want to stick these in a vice and bend them so that when you weld you have 2 points instead of just one. Weld 1/4 to 1/2 inch to the outside on both bottom hooks will line up perfectly with the CB holes
        Yes they feel way better then any 93 oem accord seat.
        Last edited by 93cb7h22a; 04-19-2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Wow that look really good.

Comment

Thanks man i really like the seats

Comment

I attempted this year's ago when I found a completely untampered-with TL in the junkyard...Black everything. Unbolted the seats in the rear, and I found the closest Cb to test fit....well if was a complete fail when I noticed the holes didn't line up, so I scrapped that idea. I didn't like the the side bolsters hit the edge of the rear door panel or the squarish shape to the top where the speaker deck meet the headrest. But overall I think it looks real great the way you fabbed it. Props.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolyEqwipd View Post
                I attempted this year's ago when I found a completely untampered-with TL in the junkyard...Black everything. Unbolted the seats in the rear, and I found the closest Cb to test fit....well if was a complete fail when I noticed the holes didn't line up, so I scrapped that idea. I didn't like the the side bolsters hit the edge of the rear door panel or the squarish shape to the top where the speaker deck meet the headrest. But overall I think it looks real great the way you fabbed it. Props.
                thanks man yea there is a gap between the headrest back and the rear speaker deck but thats ok with me they are a big upgrade and these are 98 rl seats the fronts are tl, but im going to try to get the rl's tomoro the junkyard wont allow me a battery in to the yard so i am going to try to bring a small atv one in and see how it goes. i really would like to have a full 98 rl set because of the back heaters.

Comment

Those do look good in there but a little cramped up at the top. I'll have to post up a few pictures of how the 00-03 Acura TL rear seats look in the sedan. They are less cramped looking up around the top edges where the body starts to curve inward. I do like the adjustable headrests though!
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    Those do look good in there but a little cramped up at the top. I'll have to post up a few pictures of how the 00-03 Acura TL rear seats look in the sedan. They are less cramped looking up around the top edges where the body starts to curve inward. I do like the adjustable headrests though!
                    I have debated about pulling the back seat out again clipping the frame structure and bring it in a quarter of an inch on each side, but that means I'll have to restretch the leather. now I think I have solved the problem with the space by the speakers I can just use some naugahyde and stretch it around some foam or just a piece one by one that way it's kind of hidden.

Comment

I remember when I saw TL seats in a friends car and had to have some in mine,

they looked great but couldn't get them to go back far enough the only downside I had with them.,
                      Freedom Is Not Free
                      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
                        I remember when I saw TL seats in a friends car and had to have some in mine,

they looked great but couldn't get them to go back far enough the only downside I had with them.,
                        I gave up on the 02 tls the wiring for the drivers side was to big of a nightmare, and I could never find a wiring diagram the rls should do justs fine. Those do look very clean tho man props what leather cleaner and conditioner do you use?

Comment

Here is what the 01 TL rear seats ended up looking like.

I didn't realize there was dust on the lens, until I looked at the pictures this morning. Sorry for the washed out background from the sun. I'll get better pictures and make a DIY for installing these.
                          Last edited by Rilas; 06-18-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                            Here is what the 01 TL rear seats ended up looking like.

I didn't realize there was dust on the lens, until I looked at the pictures this morning. Sorry for the washed out background from the sun. I'll get better pictures and make a DIY for installing these.
                            Were they out of a coupe or sedan?

Comment

Any TL is a sedan, the CL's are the corresponding coupes.

Comment

Working...
                              X