Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

wide band and gauge choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide band and gauge choices

which wideband gauges are being run by other members?
    im looking at this,
    Innovate MTX-L Digital Wideband WBO2 Air Fuel Ratio AFR Gauge Kit 3844,
    or this,
    PLX Wideband O2 Air Fuel Ratio SM-AFR DM-6 Multi Gauge Touch Screen Gen 3 Kit,
    any suggestions?
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

I will be using the AEM Wideband. Seems to be a standard unit to use across the board. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-4100

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I will be using the AEM Wideband. Seems to be a standard unit to use across the board. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-4100
      This is what I have been running for the past year. No issues.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I guess I'll chime in for the innovative I have the lc-1 I've had it for a year or so and no problems.
        I don't know about the AEM but my problem with the innovative is the big controller that yku have to mount in the engine bay. The newer lc-2 allows you to mount it in the cabin with a long extension cable

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
          I guess I'll chime in for the innovative I have the lc-1 I've had it for a year or so and no problems.
          I don't know about the AEM but my problem with the innovative is the big controller that yku have to mount in the engine bay. The newer lc-2 allows you to mount it in the cabin with a long extension cable

Steve
          X2, I ran the LC-1 (without a gauge) for quite a few years with no issues.
          I mounted my controller next to the ecu and installed the O2 sensor near the flexi (though that was on a turbo application) Thats likely too far away to get hot enough NA.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

X3 I have installed and run 3 Innovate wideband products without issues and they are great for tuning N/A and FI with great accuracy for the price.

Will be installing an LC-2 and G5 guage in the Tribute in the next couple weeks. I'm sure it will not disappoint!
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ive been using the aem wideband for about 2 years now. Works great and fairly easy to install

Comment

I've got a UEGO that works quite well for my usage.

Comment

I also have the aem wideband for a lil over a year now .. works great and no issues so far.
                  My Member Ride --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...66#post2857666

My For Sale Thread --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181371

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                    X3 I have installed and run 3 Innovate wideband products without issues and they are great for tuning N/A and FI with great accuracy for the price.

Will be installing an LC-2 and G5 guage in the Tribute in the next couple weeks. I'm sure it will not disappoint!
                    if your looking at the lc-2 you should check out the mtx, its there newest version, all integrated into the gauge with datalogging available through your laptop with logworks.
                    CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                      if your looking at the lc-2 you should check out the mtx, its there newest version, all integrated into the gauge with datalogging available through your laptop with logworks.
                      The MTX-L is a great all-in-one wideband product for AFR tuning for sure.

That being said, I have already purchased the LC-2 and a G5 gauge as I am also running an LMA-3 (Auxbox). The MXT-L is a wideband only setup. While the G5 is a configurable gauge. Once the AFR's are tuned you can use the gauge for monitoring other sensor data. Same reason I have the older XD-16 in my Accord. Great for tuning AFR, and then you push a button and you can read other sensor data.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                        The MTX-L is a great all-in-one wideband product for AFR tuning for sure.

That being said, I have already purchased the LC-2 and a G5 gauge as I am also running an LMA-3 (Auxbox). The MXT-L is a wideband only setup. While the G5 is a configurable gauge. Once the AFR's are tuned you can use the gauge for monitoring other sensor data. Same reason I have the older XD-16 in my Accord. Great for tuning AFR, and then you push a button and you can read other sensor data.
                        tha'ts good information too know, also explains why it still cost the same or more than the mtx.
                        CB7TUNER.com

Comment

The mtx-l is incredible and very fast. Also very useful with software that allow for direct logging via USB
                          www.850fab.com
                          IG - @850Fab
                          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Im using the LC2 and the G2 gauge works great. Has been on car for about a half a year and no issues. Made my tuning easier.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

I too use the AEM wideband. It used to be a bit more pricey although recently you can pick them up for about $170.

I have used an Autometer digital wideband and a Glowshit digital wideband. I did not like either. The Glowshit I strongly disliked.

IMO the AEM digital wideband is the best buy currently.

Comment

Working...
                              X