crx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crx

so i thinking about starting a new project. found a crx for 1000. looks like the owner had some mods to it, but put everything back to stock. of course nothing is for sure, but i took a look at the motor and it looks pretty solid.

ive never worked on crx but i been looking around at different mods, and setups so im wondering if anyone here can help me out or show me some ideas, as well as known problems that come with a crx.

The NIGHTMARE is only Beginning....

well to me a crx has to have a jdm front end to be taken seriously.

Comment

Stock is great, but back to stock is pretty good too. There's not a whole lot to watch out for on CRXs, and if you have experience with working on the Accord, the CRX will only be easier.

Here's a build thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=128903

Depending on what your goals are, you can also look into the EF hatch. It's a lot more usable and only a little heavier than the CRX HF.

Someone asked a sort of similar question on the thread, link here. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...77#post2133577 Scroll down for my response.

Comment

crx

@luckyflip for sure thats one of the things on my list. all jdm.

@nextepisode. thanks for the links, and i been looking for efs but this came up first and you dont see many of them done well. much like the accord.

my ultimate plan ( and i know that its been done ) but i want to put a k20 into it.

id have to wait till i get back from deployment so i might do it till then. store it and get back to it.

Comment

$1000 for a nearly stock CRX? I would jump on that. That's a hell of a deal (as long as the body is straight)

known problems with CRX lol? Other than the infamous climate control plastic cracking, I don't think there are any "problems" with a CRX. Just the regular wear-n-tear stuff that you'll see on any 20+ year old Honda. It is a solid vehicle.

as for mods/different options... there is so much you can do, that you are only limited by your imagination/wallet.

spend $1000-1500 on quality struts, springs, sway bars, tires, and new bushings - and you will outhandle almost anything.

as for engine mods... lmao - D, b16, b18b, b18c, b18c r, lsvtec, b20 vtec, k20, h22a, f20b, f22a, f22b, h23, f23, etc etc - plus you can boost any of the mentioned. the only thing that is hard to fit in a CRX is J-series V6.

honestly, too many options and it is a solid car even with a naturally aspirated D-series. if you are thinking k20, that shit will be seriously quick.

Comment

thanks alot rexload.
            but yea thats what i thought to. im thinking im gonna jump on it. as far as the body its got some rust but thats because of the salt trucks on the base. thats the only thing that sucks being stationed in germany. but yep k20 is what im thinking about.

again thanks everyone for the info

Comment

i would say go for it. aslong as it doesnt have any rust and its a clean find then your set. you have a CRX so your options are endless. everything for a civic/crx are way cheaper than a accord. well good luck

Comment

so yea...im doing good so far getting parts for the crx, but as far as good quality jdm parts im having no luck...
                i know this is a newbee question but you guys got any good sites to get parts...

Comment

1) Stop looking for "JDM" parts, unless you're shopping in Japan. You're just going to overpay for stupid shit just because it has some Kanji on it.

2) The CRX is an EXTREMELY popular platform... there are more options available for it than there are for the CB7.

Depending on where you live, you may find that they have rust issues. I never see a CRX around here that isn't rotting away, unless the owner has taken care to maintain/repair it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    1) Stop looking for "JDM" parts, unless you're shopping in Japan. You're just going to overpay for stupid shit just because it has some Kanji on it.

2) The CRX is an EXTREMELY popular platform... there are more options available for it than there are for the CB7.

Depending on where you live, you may find that they have rust issues. I never see a CRX around here that isn't rotting away, unless the owner has taken care to maintain/repair it.
                    Deev is right, a few rare JDM parts are good to get but other than that. keep it simple. do alot of research before hand. DC2(integra)suspension components will work also but not all. pm me for other questions if you like

Comment

Working...
                    X