Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car magazine

What are some good car mags?
    cb7sk8rdude

Originally posted by cb7sk8rdude View Post
    What are some good car mags?
    Honda tuning mag.
    Super Street
    Import Tuner (I think that's one. Bad memory on it /: )
    Modified Mag
    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Car and Driver. I've been a subscriber since 2000.

They're changing right now with new younger writers, unfortunately, but the spirit of the magazine is staying mostly the same. Some renowned authors recently retired (Brock Yates, Pat Bedard), some have moved on (Csaba Csere, Larry Webster), or passed away (David E. Davis Jr), but a good amount of the staff is still good.

I would subscribe just to read John Phillips' monthly column.
      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Depends on the content you want.

Do you want new to the market stuff with new car reviews and comparisons? Do you want niche stuff like Hondas, import, trucks?

Comment

I personally like "Project Car" I find it very useful. A lot of their builds are on a budget so i can relate to it greatly

Comment

I loved Super Street years ago, but I stopped reading when the majority of the staff changed (Jonny Wong is the only one left, I think... I miss Nads!) Still, it's a good rag... when I make a magazine, I kinda want to make it look like Super Street.

I read Car and Driver now. I got a free subscription when I signed up for my mail order bride site. I like it. It's gotten a bit less dry than it used to be, thanks to a nearly full staff change... sadly, as with Super Street, I miss the guys I started reading!

Comment

Honda Tuning
              Super Street
              COUPE K24

Comment

Honda Tuning
                Project Car
                Occasionally Top Gear and EVO if there are enough articles I'm interested in

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I used to be an avid magazine reader (and horader). I have car mags dating back to the mid 90s in the attic at my parents house.

I've gotten out of buying mags over the last year or so, just because there's so many I'd read, it started to get expensive every month paying up to $50 a month for several mags.

Popular ones I've read and enjoyed over the years;

Automobile Magazine
                  Motor Trend
                  Car & Driver
                  Road & Track
                  Top Gear UK
                  What Car? (UK mag)
                  Sport Compact Car
                  Modified Mag
                  Street Trucks
                  Truckin
                  Mini truckin...including getting my '89 B2200 in October 2008 issue.

Comment

hyper rev

look it up

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

All the good ones have gone away.

Sport Compact Car was great. It had indepth articles about suspension and engine theory along with DIY and Dyno numbers. New products got tested and if it did not work they wound not try to cover it.

SuperStreet started strong with alot of small DIYs, Cars,event coverage and short indepth coverage. Through the years they have moved to being more vulgar in there writing, alot less DIYs and they dont really focus on the "budget" cars.

MAXPower UK was awesome. There tag line was "The definitive guide to arsing about in cars". Great UK event coverage, HOT chicks showing ass and tits is always a good thing. They focused on the entire speed, sound, and style of the car. They featured VIP and Drag cars at the same time, OMG. They answered more than just general automotive questions. It was fun to read and the humor was dry or wet depending on the writer but always enjoyable.

Still holding on to most of the old mag's, still like to re-read them and still learning from them.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
                        SuperStreet started strong with alot of small DIYs, Cars,event coverage and short indepth coverage. Through the years they have moved to being more vulgar in there writing, alot less DIYs and they dont really focus on the "budget" cars.
                        Some of the vulgarity is hilarious, though!

Project Car Magazine is a Super Street spinoff. That's where all the DIYs and budget cars went.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
                          All the good ones have gone away.

Sport Compact Car was great. It had indepth articles about suspension and engine theory along with DIY and Dyno numbers. New products got tested and if it did not work they wound not try to cover it.
                          qft.

I made a thread like this a year and a half ago or so and based on responses I got, I subscribed to Grassroots Motorsports. After a year, I canceled my subscription. Nothing against that magazine, but it's really geared more for track-heads. As much as I'd like to pretend that I'm in that scene, it wasn't for me.

Since then, I've found Racecar Engineering and Race Tech magazines. I'm hooked. They're both massively expensive as far as magazines go, but their tech articles are freaking money. As far as learning goes, they completely demolish the shells of automotive mags found on most magazine racks. Just don't expect to see any kind of usable information in them. They're well worth a look imo.

Comment

Working...
                          X