This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laguna7
    Very well put...Coulden't have said that better myself!

I second that anyways I try to stay off the road period. Too many ASSHOLES are out and about these days.
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Street racing is hard to avoid!

I agree that street racing is dangerous, and very inconsiderate of other peoples lives. I knew someone that just died in a street racing accident. BUT, if some cock pulls up and starts reving on me. I'm not gonna roll down my window and say "hey, meet me at KCIR so we can race." No, I'm gonna smoke that ass and be on my marry way. I cant say I condone it but, I do participate.
      91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcbCHIC
        I agree that street racing is dangerous, and very inconsiderate of other peoples lives. I knew someone that just died in a street racing accident. BUT, if some cock pulls up and starts reving on me. I'm not gonna roll down my window and say "hey, meet me at KCIR so we can race." No, I'm gonna smoke that ass and be on my marry way. I cant say I condone it but, I do participate.
        I must say I agree! I rarely get revved at though... When I DO race, I usually try to keep it to a reasonable level. I don't go 120 on back roads racing some moron. I'll take it to like 60 in a 45 perhaps... if the guy wants to keep going, he can think he won. If I'm ahead by 60, I won in my mind.

Comment

this is quite possibly the most nessesary thread on the sight

(meant with sincereity, not assholishness) thanks deev
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

with that said im going to film some of the most illegal shit tonight and post it up on cb7tuner forums.
            ]

Comment

don u guys think that whole idea of modin the cars is
              that BC Boys(and some hot racer chicks) will always desire bigger badder faster toy,

just like when i first got my tricycle w/horn(wow) at 6,
              i remember i was racing w/ town kids... the day my dad brought it home lol

you might just go for look, or might have full turbo or h22 layin under the hood, or even ask your gurl to get off the car and stay in Mc-D parking lot for 5min w/ friendly 80lb pit bull (which she scared of) BC of some idiot from youth meeting challenged u(w/his orangsh/pinkish neon)
              and u r concern about her fat/skinny/sexy/thick/boodylicious ass (weight) getting on the way to sweet sweet victory

doesn really matter you gotta do what u gottado

we all have pride in our cb7

but u gota think of other peeps too

my point is that, i love racing(for me freeway entrance is my fav battle filed)
              and if u wanna race in clear ways, go had haul ass,

but if the situation changes (while u r racing) and if u feel or see that action u r about to take is unsafe..might cause big chaos, just step on the brakes...

just enjoy the joy of two fine tuned beast going at each othern in the range of your capability,

don go tyrin to change 5 lanes in 2sec and block the other idiot who is racing you just BC the rice rocket behind you start eating/closing up the gap
              u see now,
              enjoy it if the surrounding is race friendly(when threr are no cars no van or suv drivne by old ladies, no cops, no dogs no cats and no idiots trying to cross the street wearing blk sweater top n bottom at 3am)
              but be super careful n cautious when you need to.....

thank you..
              Pls do not stick Type-R or DOHC Vtec stickers
              if you do not have'm under the hood...
              that just makes you SUPER
              RRRRRRRRRRRicer....

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                You NEVER expect something to go wrong. Therefore, you're never ready for it. If you expect it, you wouldn't do it!

Being "smart" about street racing is like being "smart" about taking drugs. By the time you lose control, it's too late.
                I disagree with the first statement, and agree with the second.

I am not condoning street racing, but as a GOOD driver, one of the primary qualifications is anticipating what is going to happen.

This goes beyond high speeds.

When passing a semi, you should have an understanding that if something goes wrong and he loses control, you WILL be killed most likely.

So what do we do?

We remain extra vigilant while passing looking for odd tires, or some other thing that may make him have an issue.

We also accelerate to pass at a slightly higher rate, so that if something does go wrong, the window of opportunity for it to involve us is smaller.

Spending a half hour passing a semi at .5 MPH isn't in the interest of safety.

We anticipate whether or not someone looks like they will pull out in front of us and react as though they have.

If they don't, great, no love lost.

If they do, you are already prepared and reacting, so if nothing else, you have minimized the damage.

When merging, we make sure we are traveling the speed of traffic at the top of the on ramp, and we look for a hole to merge into long before we actually get there.

It is all about hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst.

It is about being ahead of the car.

There is more to driving than just steering and passing a test.

Of course, if you don't live that way in my line of work, you are pretty much guaranteed to get killed.

Also, it is good to get into this habit pattern because then when you make the transition to the racetrack, you will be better prepared to operate at the limits of a vehicle.

Just because it is in a controlled environment, doesn't mean that the car is less likely to kill you.

With the second statement, I agree. With all of the variables that happen on a public road that you either don't know about, or can't control, it is often too late before you even know there is a problem.

Just out of curiosity Deev,

If we don't want to condone street racing, then why do we allow the threads?
                Last edited by owequitit; 03-19-2007, 02:22 PM.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  Just out of curiosity Deev,

If we don't want to condone street racing, then why do we allow the threads?
                  Because we are men and street racing makes our pee pee go hard second to women lol.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the more you know the better, if your racing on a road you know, with a friend you know, chances are you know your odds.

however if your going on some road at night you dont know, and someone pulls up to race you, the situation is unknown, they could have a tire ready to pop, cant handle thier own car or are just drunk and hit you....
                    ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                      the more you know the better, if your racing on a road you know, with a friend you know, chances are you know your odds.

however if your going on some road at night you dont know, and someone pulls up to race you, the situation is unknown, they could have a tire ready to pop, cant handle thier own car or are just drunk and hit you....

But that is where you are wrong. You don't know.

You don't know what is around the bend.

You don't know what is in the ditch waiting to cross the road.

You don't know about debris that you can't see.

You don't know about on coming traffic you don't see.

You don't know about who might be walking in the middle of the road just beyond your field of vision.

You don't know about that accident that might just be about to occur because of something completely unrelated to you.

There is a certain amount of risk associated with anything you do. There is a lot of risk that you can't calculate on the road because of the fact you don't know it is there.

A racetrack removes all of the random variables of the road, such as debris, on coming traffic, Crash fire and rescue, wildlife, pedestrians, etc etc etc.

That is just the way it is. If you think anything else, then you are simply making up excuses for yourself to justify your behavior, even though it is STILL wrong.

I will be honest when I say there are situations where power is your friend on the road.

A stoplight next to Civic in order to prove whose pimples are bigger and whose fart can is louder is not one of them.

I have done plenty of "street racing" in my day. But at some point, you realize that your behavior is stupid, and you quit.

If you want to turn yourself into a greasy spot in the middle of the road somewhere, then fine.

When you start trying to take other people with you is when there is a problem.
                      Last edited by owequitit; 03-19-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

When passing a semi, you should have an understanding that if something goes wrong and he loses control, you WILL be killed most likely.

So what do we do?

We remain extra vigilant while passing looking for odd tires, or some other thing that may make him have an issue.

We also accelerate to pass at a slightly higher rate, so that if something does go wrong, the window of opportunity for it to involve us is smaller.

Spending a half hour passing a semi at .5 MPH isn't in the interest of safety.

We anticipate whether or not someone looks like they will pull out in front of us and react as though they have.

If they don't, great, no love lost.

If they do, you are already prepared and reacting, so if nothing else, you have minimized the damage.

When merging, we make sure we are traveling the speed of traffic at the top of the on ramp, and we look for a hole to merge into long before we actually get there.

It is all about hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst.

It is about being ahead of the car.
                        x2
                        spin city

Comment

Also, if you MUST post about your bullshit street race, punctuation is still necessary to tell a coherent story.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                            Also, if you MUST post about your bullshit street race, punctuation is still necessary to tell a coherent story.

LOL!

ne wayz. so i be chillin chillin mindin by bidnets and some joe in a tegz or someting cumz and he liek yippen and yappin bout by homiez rockin and i liek damz yo dood you wanna run biatch and he be frontin about his baggin and wez be like vrrooom vroom so the light turnz green and i totoally made fire come from my tirez and i was like BAM mad vtek yo! and i was gone.

stoopid ferraris thinking he jack my vtech...

Dang ole, dang ole stupid kids mang.

Comment

Well said deev
                              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

LOL!

ne wayz. so i be chillin chillin mindin by bidnets and some joe in a tegz or someting cumz and he liek yippen and yappin bout by homiez rockin and i liek damz yo dood you wanna run biatch and he be frontin about his baggin and wez be like vrrooom vroom so the light turnz green and i totoally made fire come from my tirez and i was like BAM mad vtek yo! and i was gone.

stoopid ferraris thinking he jack my vtech...

Dang ole, dang ole stupid kids mang.
                                ye meng it s so fonny i m westin my dayoff just surfin webb, wurd play w/u doods..
                                hee he heee ,
                                got questinz for ya al
                                y iz det my ivtek in o7 si doesnt kick az much az my h22 in cb7 dos meng..?

u c how i type in yung hip wayz just like rappus from frigin mtv or BEt..?
                                Pls do not stick Type-R or DOHC Vtec stickers
                                if you do not have'm under the hood...
                                that just makes you SUPER
                                RRRRRRRRRRRicer....

Comment

Working...
                                X