CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
You should consider yourself lucky to have H22A4s in your local yard. I have a good deal of F22A6s here in the local yard, just can't afford to go junking right now. I've been looking for H22A4s to get parts from since October of last year. When you go to get the oil cooler, I recommend finding a car with the head missing. Also you should drop the oil pan and get a windage tray, believe it or not they help a lot with parasitic power loss from oil cloud reduction.

That what we Honda enthusiasts do, swap parts like legos and share the knowledge with other enthusiasts.

I just figured this was a good future insurance considering the rebuild I'm taking on.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #22
2winRB25
CB7tuner Member

2winRB25 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildBill83 View Post
You should consider yourself lucky to have H22A4s in your local yard. I have a good deal of F22A6s here in the local yard, just can't afford to go junking right now. I've been looking for H22A4s to get parts from since October of last year. When you go to get the oil cooler, I recommend finding a car with the head missing. Also you should drop the oil pan and get a windage tray, believe it or not they help a lot with parasitic power loss from oil cloud reduction.

That what we Honda enthusiasts do, swap parts like legos and share the knowledge with other enthusiasts.

I just figured this was a good future insurance considering the rebuild I'm taking on.
Not to many Honda gurus around here to snatch them up. You get made fun of here for driving a Honda or even a modified Import. But thats what my S14 is for. Making people shut their trap.

I seen in your other MRT you are or were working on an H22A4 swap. Props man.

I'm going to go get the oil cooler stuff in the morning. Thanks again for the info!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
2winRB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #23
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Yeah I started on the H22A4 swap, but couldn't afford the ODB1 parts and I'm not converting to OBD2.

I'm keeping the H22A4 though, I rebuilt the lower end and the head already and would lose money to get rid of it.

I'll find a use for it eventually. Maybe after I save up and get an H22A from a Dallas JDM importer. The H22 is in the future plans, just they are cloudy plans at this point in time.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
c91bse7
CB7tuner Member

c91bse7 is cool... so far.
Don't know if you've seen this thread or not, may help with your h swap
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
Wimp go low or go home haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
Not a single fuck was given that day.
c91bse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c91bse7 View Post
Don't know if you've seen this thread or not, may help with your h swap
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197288
Yes, but the swap is on hold until my financial situation turns around.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #26
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

I received my axle that 92turboaccord donated to me and I also got FL and FR upper control arms today. Just need another axle, LBJs, tie rod ends, rear upper control arms and some gaskets now for the major repairs.

The axle I received is an ABS axle and the spline doesn't match the old axle so I'm going to rebuild the axle end. This car doesn't have ABS, but my SE that will eventually run these axles and transmission does so I'm trying to gather future compatible parts.

Thanks 92turboaccord.

Had a bit of time so I painted the heat shield and re-wrinkle painted the valve cover, here is a teaser:

Last edited by wildBill83; 07-16-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #27
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2winRB25 View Post
Not to many Honda gurus around here to snatch them up. You get made fun of here for driving a Honda or even a modified Import. But thats what my S14 is for. Making people shut their trap.

I seen in your other MRT you are or were working on an H22A4 swap. Props man.

I'm going to go get the oil cooler stuff in the morning. Thanks again for the info!
I forgot to tell you to grab the outlet tube from the block and the water rail from under the intake manifold to complete the mod.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #28
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

I just got into a photo uploading craze and I'll try and get more recent ones with the motor in the stand. But here is a F22A1 with nearly a quarter of a million miles before I put it in my motor stand.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

The decision has been made. The '93 SE coupe is going turbo. I've got about 40% of the parts needed and then the block gets a full treatment with forged internals. This project will go faster if/when I get my new engineering contract, so wish me luck.

The '92 LX is being converted to an F22A6 as soon as I get the last few items (IM, cam, exhaust) and do the PT3/PT6 conversion offered by cloudasc. The LX will be the home of my conservative N/A H22A4 build eventually.

So projects are intermingling and going slow as my income is only from part time work at the moment. But the goals are now clear and in this order:

Drive the SE until my LX is road ready with the F22A6 converted motor, then garage the SE and start the turbo build and mate that to my MP1A LSD transmission. Once the turbo build is complete then I'll garage the LX and drop the H22A4 in that shell and I'll have two very peppy CB7s and a spare very healthy F22A6 for future tinkering.

When the turbo SE is done, I'll pick back up on my TCU controller but using more reliable electronics.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #30
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

I forgot to update this thread for the motor teardown/rebuild info. I was frustrated because I was finding JB Weld in all kinds of strange places and have been doing a good deal of cleaning and replacing components.

The moron even JB Welded the water pump weep hole... SMDH

Anyway, here are a few other shots I found on my phone and uploaded to photobucket.

When I get back from Dallas tomorrow I'll try and get some more photos up of the motor and work completed so far.

NASTY BAY!

Pushed out with no motor (sitting under a tree currently awaiting a heart transplant).

I've decided that I'm going to use a Poly filled front and rear mount and replace the trans and drivers side mounts with new OEM ones. Pictures on that process will be added to this thread later.

Last edited by wildBill83; 07-26-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
ferenza
CB7tuner Member

ferenza seems to have made some friends! ferenza seems to have made some friends!
that motor was on the way to catastrophic failure.smh
I would call the po back and curse him out for his shade tree work
Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
STOCKa6
CB7tuner Member

STOCKa6 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildBill83 View Post
Damaged axle nut:

I'm thinking a pissed off midget with a jack hammer stopped by to do maintenance on these axles.
Better chrck they arent over tightened as well, between this and the jbweld I lol. Love when people "fix" their cars.
STOCKa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #33
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

I just got back in town and wanted to post the old photos I have been promising.

Dirty

1st round of cleaning before disassembly

I'll have more soon, maybe tomorrow. This rebuild is on hold until I can get some items though...
Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #34
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Another bunch of photo vomit... At least I am just about caught up to what it looks like now. I'll try and come back after work and write out what is going on and try and upload some more. Uploading over 3G sucks and my data plan is nearly used up now.

More to come and descriptions of these photos after I get off work.

Last edited by wildBill83; 07-30-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #35
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Mental note needs:
drivers axle
Clutch
Exhaust manifold gasket
exhaust downpipe donut
Water temp sensor
clutch slave cylinder
Intake rubber tube
possible drivers side motor mount bracket
Tie rod ends
front lower ball joints
rear upper ball joints
oil filter
Coolant
oil
transmission fluid
Brake fluid
junkyard items

... to be continued

Acquired items in red.

Last edited by wildBill83; 08-21-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #36
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Another day off, so that means another day with the LX. It's hot out so I'm not sure how much I want to be out in the heat. I promised photos of poly filled mounts, and I plan to get them up today. I think I'm going to poly fill the last two mounts today as well, originally I was going to use two new mounts on the drivers and passengers side, but the drivers mount has a stripped bolt so I'm just going to fill them all and save my new mounts for another day and maybe another CB7 that wasn't so extensively "repaired" by the previous owner.

Anyway the transmission install should happen today and I might be able to get the last bit of my shopping list done. That means that by the time I have to move to Houston I will have two running CB7s and should be acquiring another once I have a cushion fund built up. If I could find a CB9 that would be the shiz.

Pictures to follow of the clutch install.

Also after thinking about it I removed my H22 water plumbing and replaced the F22 water plumbing under the IM and I used a radiator T to get the oil cooler to be compatible.

Last edited by wildBill83; 08-06-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #37
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

I have the last parts I need to make the car mechanically sound again. Clutch installed and transmission connected. It's a powerplant again. I will have it drivable by Friday when my newly ordered parts arrive. Then comes the expense of inspection, insurance, and registration.

Once it is done I can clean up this MRT and my f22a* removal/install thread.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #38
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

Photo vomit:

Pictures of the install to come.

Last edited by wildBill83; 08-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #39
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
No A/C?
-
dj_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #40
Stoner51
CB7tuner Member

Stoner51 seems to have made some friends!
Surely in TX he will have A/C. You can see the bracket and the bolts in it.
When I did my swap I left the compressor in the car, so the system would stay charged.

steve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: