Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to refresh this site. We need some new ideas, and some new moderators!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good ideas, besides the fee. I agree that it would limit sellers only to the most serious... but it would indeed cause the section to die right away. The limited number of sellers would soon cause the traffic in the section to die down. Eventually, it won't be worth paying to sell anything. Plus, if someone sells and gets scammed... and they paid to sell... they'd be coming to me demanding that I do something about it. Since I took their money, I would have some degree of responsibility to them, I'd say!

Pictures to show that the seller has the part are a good idea.
    Noobs can buy but not sell... workable idea.
    MAYBE it's time for a feedback section. Maybe.

Comment

Vbulletin software has a capability for a feedback system similar to ebay, it's called iTrader. Feedback section are great if people care to use them, plus you gotta search and hope someone made a thread for the user you are buying from. With the itrader it's right on their profile. Yes, I know thats $$$ for the software, could be worth it to cut down on scammers and make new members more comfortable to conduct transactions with some guy they don't know.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

If a feedback section is added, I think it would be a good idea for people to also make a review of a website they have bought from before.

Comment

well instead of charing them, then make a platform that the seller has to go though in order to sell? Like having to apply through a mod and wait a x amount of time or something like that?

Like a process so it discourages people from quick scams and makes it a legit system.

Also you could take down information this way if someone gets scammed, you have info to go to authorities with if you wanted to.

Comment

I favor the picture format. K20A.Org I think really pioneered this format back in the day since people were getting ripped off for multi thousand dollar transactions.

Take the picture and include Username, Date, and Part Number if possible.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I won't rehash all the previouis posts. I promote the site with business cards with my name and contact info, including my username on here. If I see a CB7/9, I'll give it to the driver (if he is there) or stick it on the car somewhere. Some folks look at me like I'm a bit strange; I'm just offereing to sell my parts, help them with their car if I can, or help them find help on their own.

I get Avery Clean Edge Business Cards at an office supply store and print my own cards. Unfortunately, I don't know how many of those cards may have resulted in new members.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                Conjoin cb7tuner and cd5tuner. Same shit and a lot of the DIYs on cd5tuner have given me many ideas. I am not saying to make it one website, but for the 2 to share certain sections like DIY, regional, and off topic.
                Originally posted by toycar
                An all Accord approach
                On one hand I'm loving this idea (more traffic, more cars to see - the first meet I attended had different gens of Accords, and there was a nice turnout), and on the other, I see it taking away from the cool factor of this site (exclusivity and keeping the info focused - look at Accord sections at NWP4Life and others, and its heavily biased towards late-models).

Originally posted by toycar
                -Develop the wiki-in detail
                Wiki? If by this you mean have a section dedicated purely to OE facts about the CB Accord, related engine swaps, support from major aftermarket companies, etc. Factual information only. Deeeeefinitely.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-29-2014, 07:58 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I though there already was a wiki???

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    I though there already was a wiki???
                    There was, IIRC It disappeared because of lack of use.

It was pretty well done, The only downside I always thought was that it didn't feel "Integrated" to CB7Tuner.com.

Winter is coming along here again (For me) so as usual this time of year, I'll be doing some CB7T House cleaning

Also I think the DIY subforum idea is an awesome idea and realistically Very simple to initially organize.

Another thought to try not just create, but "hold" more interest:
                    What if the "AOM" (Car pic) was not only on the Main page but also at the top Center of the forum between the CB7 logo, and advertising?

Because for one I'm sure I not the only person who has the CB7Tuner.com link in there browser to cb7tuner.com/vbb rather than the home page.
                    And also, that alot of "Guests" searching problems via Google are directed to this site automatically bypass the homepage.

Can a Google searchbar be added to this Vbb version?

And if not, (I tried quickly earlier today and couldn't find a simple solution) Could a thread/forum link be created/built with a (Not lmgtfy) Google search link forcing www.cb7tuner.com as the reference?

Lol I think I made that sound complicated.

Something like a link to https://www.google.co.nz/#q=site:cb7tuner but being able to search a topic from within cb7tuner.com which would link to Google
                    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-30-2014, 04:45 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

how do we bring life to technical sections?

Reason why I love posting in offtopic - people mainly browse through it. I have seen some good suggestions given to people needing help.

I remember posting in technical, it was pretty much dead. I'm trying to learn a thing or two, I'm not asking to be spoon fed, I'm just not a risk taker. Hell, when I took apart my sway bar endlinks, I panicked, heart pumping hard, nerves racking. my friend had to drive 45minutes to finish what I started. :x

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                        I won't rehash all the previouis posts. I promote the site with business cards with my name and contact info, including my username on here. If I see a CB7/9, I'll give it to the driver (if he is there) or stick it on the car somewhere. Some folks look at me like I'm a bit strange; I'm just offereing to sell my parts, help them with their car if I can, or help them find help on their own.

I get Avery Clean Edge Business Cards at an office supply store and print my own cards. Unfortunately, I don't know how many of those cards may have resulted in new members.
                        i don't do the business cards but i promote the site to all the cb owners i run into
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
                          how do we bring life to technical sections?

Reason why I love posting in offtopic - people mainly browse through it. I have seen some good suggestions given to people needing help.

I remember posting in technical, it was pretty much dead. I'm trying to learn a thing or two, I'm not asking to be spoon fed, I'm just not a risk taker. Hell, when I took apart my sway bar endlinks, I panicked, heart pumping hard, nerves racking. my friend had to drive 45minutes to finish what I started. :x
                          The Technical Sections are not "Dead". This site has been around so long that everything is well covered and documented. If you search you can find your answer or at least part of it before posting.

Without going off too much into a tangent most members only seem to be able to go as far as to afford to do an H22A Swap with I/H/E; and nothing further. So unless you're tearing your engine apart to make a formidable N/A powerplant or lowering the compression for turbo Performance Tech doesn't get too much activity often.

However there are a certain group of members who do stay active within those sections. But when you're talking about major modifications that costs thousands of dollars, updates on projects will only happen every few months.
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I wouldn't say EVERYTHING is covered... and some things are not covered very well. Still, that would be why the technical sections are a bit slow. Everything may not be covered, but the most common things are.

The DIY section is most likely going to be the most technical revitalization we can hope to see. We're going to begin encouraging DIYs for damn near EVERYTHING. Replace your battery? Do a DIY. Replace a headlight bulb? Do a DIY.

Comment

might I suggest we mirror the Haynes book?

for the stock motors;

example.

brake pedal goes to the floor while braking
                              - Air in brake line
                              -faulty MC
                              etc.

and a " modified section "

example.
                              After engine swap
                              - indicator lights stay on
                              -- faulty sensors

- accelerator too touchy
                              --throttle cable to tight
                              - severe vibration
                              -- Motor mounts
                              etc

This would all be in one thread. yeah I know, this is like spoon feeding some more, but if you have most of this here, imagine how helpful it'll be :P

I know when I was looking at rebuilding my motor, I searched it, and found someone who was doing so, they written it pretty good, and I almost got confident ( almost )

edit: this is a suggestion, don't kill me. :P
                              Last edited by Turbo617; 03-31-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

It could work. We'd need to figure out how to make the info most accessible.

The problem is that it gets out of hand really quick. We end up with a huge index thread that nobody bothers reading. Once it's long enough to be ignored, it helps nobody. Even the veterans don't bother referring to it to help people!

Comment

Working...
                                X