Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F23 vtec swap into 91 CB7 5spd EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love false information. The F23 is a good motor and it can be done as shown. The problem people have with it is getting it to run right. The only way I see it is getting it tuned right not using the stock ECU. Another thing the F23 block is a good unit. A lot of people do the G23 swaps with it and it holds the abuse well.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The block is fine. The head sucks. It's not a performance upgrade by any means.

It's an OBD2 motor only, so getting it to run properly is tricky. Either you convert the motor to OBD1 and run with a chipped P28 (or attempt to run with the F22B1 ECU... that would probably work), or you convert your car to OBD2.

Honestly, for that trouble alone, it's not worth it.

The H22 is a better performance upgrade. The H23 or F22B are also better upgrades. More power, easier swaps... The H23 and F22B don't have VTEC... but then again, the F23A barely has VTEC either... just a poor excuse for it.

Comment

F23 is good for boost lol. So is the B1 but the head fails on that one.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The F23 and F22B1 heads are pretty much the same thing from what I've been able to tell. Both are decent with boost... then again, anything is decent with boost, as long as it doesn't break.

Comment

BUT ITS A TURBO!!! lol. Yea I thought they might have changed it up with the f23 since the valve cover looks a bit bigger. But then I could be trippin.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm not positive myself. I once heard that the heads were identical... I can't find where I heard that, and I can't find anything to back it up. I haven't checked part numbers to verify...

Comment

so f22a f22b and f23 all pretty much have the same horse power?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                  SOHC vtec just isnt anything to write home about

Does that go for the j series too?

Comment

Working...
                  X