• Show
Clear All

Yellow Fog Caps

9293 OEM USDM Fogs. Standard H3C bulbs.

Yellow Caps(Im guessing Lexus)

Whats the skinny on INSTALLATION?

Best piece of info ive seen was this...

Originally posted by Warudakumi
    I did this mod a long time ago and tried to keep it as a one off thing but it seems some member(s) are catching on and discovered the same thing I did about the CB7 foglamps....or something similar to it So now that the secret is out I'll be nice and correct you guys before you mess up your expensive discontinued fogs.
    This should be a bolt-in affair and it's not necessary to glue or hack anything up like a projector retrofit requires.

#1 Lexus/Vigor capsules are the wrong kinds to use....but if you are good at retrofiting then by all means go for it!

Vigor capsules are skinnier and the mounting bases are completely off.
    Lexus capsules are for complete different cars...however if you give it enough thought, retrofits are retrofits it can be made to work....but why bother if you can do a complete OEM bolt-in changeover?

#2 Glue will only work temporary.... JB weld/Krazy Glue may work but thats a ghetto rig in my book. The bulbs get extremely hot. If you take the time to look at the capsules themselves, you will notice the capsule is almost "floating" and pinched and doesn't make much contact with the bulb holder itself. The vigor will have a thin copper like gasket ring and the legend one will have a spring.

If you were to glue/jbweld that to your fog housings....more than likely you will melt something since the bulb can't "breathe" and you will be trapping too much heat. Ever tried out those cheap Nokya HID blue light specials? The same effect could happen as it will warp/fish scale/burn brown and start to crinkle the surrounding reflective foil like housing surrounding the bulb.

The CB fog housings from factory have 3 lowercase "i" slits that circle the bulb area.

The correct capsules to use are the older legend sedan capsules. These are the same capsules DA integra owners use to make their USDM headlights fogs appear yellow.

It almost looks like Honda changed their mind on having yellow capsules installed into our housings to save production cost even though other popular Hondas rocked them like the older preludes.

There is no need to remove spot welding or anything. The whole procedure is just like blackhousing jdm/usdm headlamps. Heat up the lamps and take them apart. Twist on the capsule and seal....thats it.

He basically said that unless you bake them and take them apart, fitting Vigor OR Lexus caps either wont work or is a bad idea.

I like my virgin fogs and dont wanna bake them. I also dont wanna go drilling welds and JB Welding anything either.

Is there a way to put the above pictured caps on without baking or drilling???

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

For mine I drilled out the 3 spot welds in the back and popped in the yellow cap...then JB welded it there...I also baked my fogs so I could clean up the insides of them, I also took out the shield....

IMO it was the easiest mod ever...and so far no overheating
    Last edited by busak87; 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM.

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

I saw about removing the shield. Mine are pretty bright as it is, so i may leave them alone. I was informed that they are infact Acura caps, but not sure what Acura. Guess i could try and find out how well they'll fit.
      Last edited by MikeW; 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Some guy on the g2integra forum sells them for 15 bucks with bulbs shipped. OEM Stanley yellow fog caps.
        Last edited by Hostile; 02-24-2010, 06:33 AM.
        2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
        2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
        CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
        GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

can someone help out plz, I don't know why I.m so confused on this.

Is it like this w/o oem fog ring

Or like this W/ oem fog ring(son's mess sigh)
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

^^ From the looks of yours, and you said they are the lexus ones...they dont look like a direct fit, which I didnt know

I guess only the Honda/Acura ones are direct replacements...

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

I found out mine ARE Acura, but i dont know what car they came from. When i know, i'll post up. Im gonna try to test fit them this weekend. If they work, ill get pics.

Comment

They're Vigor caps, so...not sure how easily they'll fit or if all Acura caps fit or what.

Comment

I followed wadurakumis instructions today and my fogs came out dope. Just be very carefull and pacient when your taking apart your lights.

Stock fog light and yellow cap

Complete Stanley yellow cap with bulb. Did I mention $15 shipped

Youll omly need the yellow cap, base, and the spring.

When the fog light is apart cut this part out.

Then twist on the Yellow cap, base, and spring. It just bolt in.

Then put some sealant around were the lens goes and seal.

It took me about an hour and a half to do since i had the fogs off of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile View Post
                    I followed wadurakumis instructions today and my fogs came out dope. Just be very carefull and pacient when your taking apart your lights.

Stock fog light and yellow cap

Complete Stanley yellow cap with bulb. Did I mention $15 shipped

Youll omly need the yellow cap, base, and the spring.

When the fog light is apart cut this part out.

Then twist on the Yellow cap, base, and spring. It just bolt in.

Then put some sealant around were the lens goes and seal.

It took me about an hour and a half to do since i had the fogs off of the car.
                    Good job sir! I suggest askin the mods to move this into a DIY since you have nice pictures that clearly explain the process!
                    Last edited by TypeG; 03-03-2010, 05:44 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                    1994 Prelude V-Tec
                    1999 CL 3.0
                    2000 Prelude
                    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                      9293 OEM USDM Fogs. Standard H3C bulbs.

Yellow Caps(Im guessing Lexus)

Whats the skinny on INSTALLATION?

Best piece of info ive seen was this...

He basically said that unless you bake them and take them apart, fitting Vigor OR Lexus caps either wont work or is a bad idea.

I like my virgin fogs and dont wanna bake them. I also dont wanna go drilling welds and JB Welding anything either.

Is there a way to put the above pictured caps on without baking or drilling???
                      The Acura Legend bulb covers do not need modification to fit... They bolt in like it was supposed to be there in the first place! The only mods you will be doing mostly is just opening the foglamps (just like doing blackhoused headlamps)

This mod is almost like USDM 2G integras with their un-yellowed fogs. You will need to get the FAT style bulb covers that are found in 1st gen Legends and I believe the older 90's prelude oem foglamps (not BB chassis)

If you use the skinny style covers like the vigors above, you will need to do extra modding since they will not twist and screw into the accord light housing since it has a different base. This is also true for the JDM DC2 bulb covers which is the same design but with a different base and shield.

If you cannot find legend/prelude caps, you can retrofit Lexus or older volvo yellow caps but keep in mind you will have to do some modding for it to sit in the accord fog housing. With the Legend cap and base, they will BOLT right in!

BTW Stayed tuned for 3 more different warudakumi/kurobei mods to be released to public
                      Last edited by TypeG; 03-03-2010, 05:43 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Well hell Hostile, might as well make a DIY on your own, lol.

So i did find out that my caps are older Vigor caps. I was hoping for a simple bolt-on/clip-on affair, but it appears there's more to it than that. I really dont wanna open my fogs, but i may give it a shot.

Comment

I did the same thing and I put Lexus yellow cap on it and I put HID Kit on it. Now i'm trying to retrofit my Fog with ES300 fog...

Comment

Ill try to set up a link to the guy on the g2integra forum that sells the caps. soon im going to but a set for my db1.

Comment

I can see what Warudakumi was talking about. The caps you had were a lighter yellow and theyre kinda short and stubby. Mine are longer and skinnier.

Comment

Working...
                              X