Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rusty Hood Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty Hood Repair

Today was a nice day out here in washington state so me and my friend decided to fix up my rusty hood a bit. Now this was no more than a rattle can paint job .

First we took of the hood and used an electric sander with 220 on it to sand out the rusty spots and then went over the entire hood and pretty lightly sanded the rest of it. then we primered it and then wet sanded it. after that, we put like 5 coats on it and tomorrow I'm buffing and polishing my entire cb7 to try and get that seattle silver look out of it hopefully it works. and tell me what you think.

Well done. Looks like it came out really good.

Black is so hard to rattle can without leaving lines over large surfaces like hoods.

Car's clean.

Comment

Why don't you buy some seattle silver paint and paint it the original color while your at it? They sell duplicolor bottles for $7, damn cheap if you ask me. Just practice spraying with some cheap spray until you are satisfied with how your paint job came out!

Comment

THANKS CRAZY MIKEY! I love everyones support on here. and i had no idea they made seattle silver spray paint cans.

Comment

nice work man, look nice, this is a great way to do when only small surface rust.. love the result.. Great job!

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys!

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
              THANKS CRAZY MIKEY! I love everyones support on here. and i had no idea they made seattle silver spray paint cans.
              Yeah, I bet you walked right by the paint when you bought the black paint lol.

Duplicolor has a whole range of colour matched paints for most manufacturers.

It'll obviously come out a little bit darker than your original paint, but it'll still look pretty decent.

However, I'm digging the black hood look. I'd rock it that way.

Now black house your headlights with the leftover paint!

Comment

great job!! i tried something similar a couple weeks back, angle grinded my rust spots to bare metal and sanded by hand after and i think 4 coats of paint and 3 clearcoats but the area i had a rust bubble before started to get bubbly through the paint again:S
                IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

nice hood and westgate emericas too!

Comment

did you remove ALL of the rust before primer? if not it WILL return soon...

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

http://automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/buypaint.aspx
                      dont forget the clear coat

Comment

nice job !
                        [IMG]http://

Comment

looks good but while you were at it you couldve smoothed out those two passenger side dents with tiger hair and body filler, that wouldve taken you an extra 15-20 mins. Still props on the spray bomb job. ever seen the faux carbon fiber look? Youve got the base already set, black base then you take those spongy things you line drawers with and lay that down and mist silver over them, bam looks like CF from far away.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                            bam looks like CF from far away.
                            Key words here.

Comment

Working...
                            X