CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 04-11-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
funguy26
Newcomer

funguy26 is cool... so far.
F23A swap is sill going on.

Ok I got a F23A in my Accord I'm using a 2001 LX ECU and now I'm trying the immobilizer system to work or disable. by the looks off poking around and all data. I follow the honda procures on the immobilizer system it looks like the receiver unit is dead. and the code is not popping up when I scan the ECU that says the immobilizer system is dead. I need some help looking for a replacement immobilizer receiver unit. or a way to disable the system.
funguy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:55 AM   #2
PhatAccord
CB7tuner Member

PhatAccord is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to PhatAccord
Disable it. Years ago; I did a 2000 gsr swap into a friendís 99 Ek hatchback.
Hooked everything up including emissions and got the car baríd in SoCal. I sent the gsr ecu which has immobilizer to ericks racing and they disabled it. I noticed you are in Az. Call around your local race/car shops. If anything, google ericks racing in Baldwin park Ca and give them a call.
PhatAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Is this an F23A in a CB Accord? If so, you're making this swap MUCH more difficult than it has any business being.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Ditch the OBD2 IMMO ECU and ether go with a 94-95 Accord VTEC OBD1 ECU (37820-P0A-XXX). Or opt for an OBD1 chipped and tuned ECU.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
MY3Gz_973
Newcomer

MY3Gz_973 is cool... so far.
Would the p12 ecu work for this swap?
MY3Gz_973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #6
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
The P12 doesn't control VTEC.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Do what Ghost said and get a P0A ecu from a '94-'95 Accord EX which has the VTEC engine. This will run your F23A swap just fine, and not require all the things that OBDII require.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: