No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, there's different backing you can get. I happened to get the "backing". Carpet + backing. Think I may do a DIY on this if I remember to take enough pictures.

Comment

As I mentioned before, I love the rims I have for the car now but they are 8-9 years old or some shit. They were the first set of rims I had for the car. Unique, never seen anyone have them even online, but they are OLD. Dents, scratches, leaks, etc.

Was looking for wheels since the winter. Never ever finding something that I liked. Wrote many, posted threads, tried on FB, downloaded lots, sample pics, etc. Last week I was decided upon the RTX Scorpian black and chrome 6 spoke or the Konig Incident 5 spoke.
      ... Until today, when i seen a local guy seriously in to cars selling these. Instantly fell in love with these. I will make these work with the car! (+38, 17x7.5).

Now I just need some good rubber to go with them. Not sure if I should go with a anti-scuff rubber wall, flat or curved wall.
      Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

That size is perfect! Glad you made a decision on the wheels. Now the harder part is tires...way more choices there.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks man. Wow, this interior work I think could go forever. And anyone who orders carpet with the backing on it be prepared for a battle! I'm on night 3, and each night is sweating battle, cutting, molding, moving it, etc.

And to think I still wanted to do my doors, rear speaker area, and install some more tweaters ....... but I think its time to put this thing back together and get her on the road.
          Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

Man, totally digging the classic look!
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                This sums it up

ah so thats boost life lol seems fun, dont know if I could do it im a N/A guy
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                  Man, totally digging the classic look!
                  Thanks man!

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                  ah so thats boost life lol seems fun, dont know if I could do it im a N/A guy
                  Those are the words of a man who has never drove a boosted car

Comment

'93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Finished the interior, i'll get some updated pictures later when its clean. Took the car for its first drive today of the summer. Oh.... how sweet it was

Comment

When is the new wheel situation going to be fixed?
                        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                          When is the new wheel situation going to be fixed?
                          Rims are at shop now hopefully get rubber on them this week. Then it will be fixed although I'll need an alignment.

Comment

Still pounding away at her

And something I am debating....
                            Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Finished the interior / stereo install today. Felt good to hear the stereo again.

Comment

So went for a drive yesterday. Definitely still working out the bugs. Only the 2nd time out so I was expecting some bugs. The front end started to have a creeking sound when braking. It came from the right side from what i could tell, and the steering wheel was making too much noise.

So...... looked over the whole front end found the problems.
                                1. The right shock tower bolts were not tight and the right front traction bar bolts could be tightened more.
                                2. The steering wheel noise was due to the aftermarket wheel rubbing when turning. Trimmed some plastic.

Both issues fixed and should be good

While crawling around under there, I did notice that my 205/40/17 rub under full wheel lock. I'm guessing the 215/40/17 will rub as well. I don't remember seeing this before but i do see posts of others having this issue. And it only hits the rubber and not the rim.
                                Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X