A1 to A4 header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1 to A4 header

Went to the junkyard today and started taking an f22a4 header off of a 90-91 ex coupe, i noticed the flange that bolts it to the down pipe is a different shape than my A1 header. Do i take the A4 down pipe too or will the A4 header mount to the A1 down pipe fine?

The A4 manifold requires a 2-1 flex (down) pipe, so you will need the down pipe as well. It will NOT correctly attach to your A1 down pipe. The A4 and A6 exhaust manifolds are interchangeable.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      The A4 manifold requires a 2-1 flex (down) pipe, so you will need the down pipe as well. It will NOT correctly attach to your A1 down pipe. The A4 and A6 exhaust manifolds are interchangeable.
      omg thank you man, i was about to take just the manifold but i couldn't get the bolts off any ways.

Comment

Couldn't get the manifold off the head, or separate the down pipe from the manifold? There are studs at the bottom of the manifold; more than once I've had the stud come out when trying to remove the nuts. It is possible to replace the studs. I've had the same problem with the studs coming out of the head as well when trying to remove the manifold nuts.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          Couldn't get the manifold off the head, or separate the down pipe from the manifold? There are studs at the bottom of the manifold; more than once I've had the stud come out when trying to remove the nuts. It is possible to replace the studs. I've had the same problem with the studs coming out of the head as well when trying to remove the manifold nuts.
          my bad, i got all 9 nuts off the manifold at the junkyard, one was so seized it took the stud out of the head like you said lol.... I couldn't get the manifold off of the down pipe so good thing i gave up. Hopefully where the down pipe mounts to the cat is easy...

Comment

Working...
          X