Reference to old Swap thread about Innovative Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference to old Swap thread about Innovative Mounts

Can anyone elaborate what the member TJoodz was talking about in this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2969656

The pictures are not there & I was curious about what they were talking about.
    I am about to buy a set of Innovative Mounts but wanted to make sure the Innovative brand Manual Trans Mount is a definite match without having to drill & tap the H22 trans.

**H22 5-Speed going into a '93 EX with existing 5-Speed
    Keep Pushing..

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
    Can anyone elaborate what the member TJoodz was talking about in this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2969656

The pictures are not there & I was curious about what they were talking about.
    I am about to buy a set of Innovative Mounts but wanted to make sure the Innovative brand Manual Trans Mount is a definite match without having to drill & tap the H22 trans.

**H22 5-Speed going into a '93 EX with existing 5-Speed
    So you are looking to swap using an H-transmission, which tranny mount do you have now?

Comment

Yes, well actually the whole entire H22+M2B4 trans. swap. I currently have the stock trans mount for the Manual F22 trans in my '93 EX. I just wanted to purchase the Innovative Mounts so that I would not have to drill & tap the M2B4 trans. I am getting ready for my swap so I just wanted to be prepared.

I called Innovative & spoke to a Tech. there named Kevin. He said the Innovative Kit is an exact fit for the EX chassis as well as the H22 trans so there is no need to tap the trans because the stud holes are already in place.
      1993 EX Manual Trans Swap kit for H22https://www.innovativemounts.com/Pro...29351&CartID=1
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

ok, just checking because I made the mistake of ordering the swap mounts meant for the entire H swap and I was using the stock F-series tranny so I ended up having to buy that mount separately. It looks correct to me Happy swapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
          ok, just checking because I made the mistake of ordering the swap mounts meant for the entire H swap and I was using the stock F-series tranny so I ended up having to buy that mount separately. It looks correct to me Happy swapping.
          Ah, gotcha. I appreciate it. Yeah I just wanted to have all my parts ready to go by the time my swap gets here. Thanks man, I am so excited!
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

For future peoples, here is what he was talking about WITH working pictures.
            Originally posted by tJoodz View Post
            I bought the F to H conversion mounts for our generation accords along with a used m2a4 transmission off of HMO.

I put the tranny mount on the transmission and the stud is literally almost touching the mount. Am I going to have to cut the stud and then rethread it?
            I bought these mounts with the intentions of them being straight forward and not having to modify them at all.

Are there certain tools that i can buy somewhere that can rethread the stud?

Here's a picture:

Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Thank you Jon.

Okay so I guess he was saying the way the mount is, the stud seems pretty long & almost touching the bushing section of the mount. I don't see what the issue was though. It's not like anything with the mount will be moving around, correct?

But, I am going to follow the suggested instructions by cutting the stud down a bit to be safe.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

After seeing the picture, I'm sure the issue becomes the stud hitting the mounting portion on the frame and not having enough clearance to get the bolt into the mounting hole in the motor mount.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  After seeing the picture, I'm sure the issue becomes the stud hitting the mounting portion on the frame and not having enough clearance to get the bolt into the mounting hole in the motor mount.
                  Oh wow, I did not think about that. Good eye!

Yeah I think you are exactly right. I looked at the Swap FAQ thread & saw this picture of the stock F22 mount. Where that stud is, is exactly where you said it would hit the frame.
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

How did the set up come out? I’m trying to upgrade my stock mounts that were on my f22 and now on h22 to innovative.
                    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Working...
                    X