No announcement yet.

Wise Words From Wise People Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its funny that most post's miss the philisophical point of the thread.

I posted a couple "sayings" like everyone else, but I think the point was to discuss wise quotes from history and how you interpret them/how they make you feel.

Plato: There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, until philosophers become kings in this world, or until those we now call kings and rulers really and truly become philosophers

Hows about we discuss this?
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
      Its funny that most post's miss the philisophical point of the thread.

I posted a couple "sayings" like everyone else, but I think the point was to discuss wise quotes from history and how you interpret them/how they make you feel.

Plato: There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, until philosophers become kings in this world, or until those we now call kings and rulers really and truly become philosophers

Hows about we discuss this?
      Yes indeed. And half of other peoples quotes were toilet humor.

I don't think being a great thinker is enough to be a leader. But maybe someone already in power can be humbled and become a better leader through learning and experience and is open to change somehow, even in this current world.
      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct View Post
        I don't think being a great thinker is enough to be a leader. But maybe someone already in power can be humbled and become a better leader through learning and experience and is open to change somehow, even in this current world.
        Being humbling can make a leader seem week. The presidency of the US back in the country's early days were driven by making their opponents fear them. If the world's nations were not always fighting, maybe being humbling would not be bad for an individual's leadership.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

On my tool box at work, I have a fortune cookie fortune taped to it that says "Remember this day 3 months from now. Good things are in store for you." I read it every day. My future is full of good things.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

On my tool box at work, I have a fortune cookie fortune taped to it that says "Remember this day 3 months from now. Good things are in store for you." I read it every day. My future is full of good things.
            I got that fortune months ago! In fact a got it exactly 3 months before I was to have my birthday. It was creepy. Of course nothing interesting happened on my birthday. The Chinese know nothing!

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

"Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society."

-Aristotle

MY RIDE

Comment

"I count him braver he who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."
                -Aristotle

MY RIDE

Comment

man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

Comment

"I count him braver he who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."
                    -Aristotle
                    This is so true.

All too often the greatest opportunity in a situation for things to get better is to adjust yourself, your own expectations and your own attitude.

You cannot control other people.

You can control yourself.

Seems pretty simple, but jesus society struggles with this one.
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

"You don't give up what you've worked to get. It's only going to be just as hard, or harder, to get a second time around. A hill doesn't get easier the second time you climb it, so you try to never climb down from the plateau you find yourself at. The aim is to keep climbing higher and higher, not to climb back down."
                      -Unknown

"Depression and frustration and hatred are mechanisms to prevent activity in a world other than that in which we live now. It is best to sleep long hours and move little when the nights are long and the days are short and the food scarce, during the dark winter. But the adaptation is no longer relevant when we are expected to move about; when we cannot shut ourselves inside and make an artificial night.
                      We must instead play a different trick on the wicked and limited body and brain. We must convince it that we are heir to the greatness of our ancestors; that we are still the mighty hunter on the plains of Africa. We must run, a block or two at first, gradually, further until our breath comes in ragged gasps and the sweat of our back runs down the crack of our ass, and we must learn to love the fire in our lungs and in our muscles.
                      Because, you see, your fear and sadness are lies. Your empty threat of harm to others is as well. Suicide only promises a delay; a short rest from things too difficult or unpleasant. This promise might be great, or it might not; but you can take advantage of death at any later time, and cannot reverse the decision to die once you've acted upon it.
                      So live, and run. Learn things and win meaningful victories. I will be truly amazed if doing this does not erase your urge to die."
                      -Unknown

Tomorrow, the sun WILL rise.

"I've been making a list of things they don't teach you in school...they don't teach you how to love somebody, they don't teach you how to be famous, they don't teach you how to be rich or poor, they don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to move on when the one you love walks away from you. They don't teach you how to know what's on someone elses mind, they don't teach you what to say to someone who is dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
                      -Neil Gaimon

"Is a penny really lucky if you find it on the ground?"
                      -Seth Binzer

"If you stare at someone long enough, you discovery their humanity."
                      -Unknown

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                      -John Lennon

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
                      -Eleanor Roosevelt

"You try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person; you havent had enough to know what it's like."
                      -Trent Reznor

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst."
                        -Aristotle

MY RIDE

Comment

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
                          -Benjamin Franklin

MY RIDE

Comment

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
                            -Benjamin Franklin
                            So basically live by the sword or die by it.

Comment

"Having no limitation as limitation, Using no way as way" -Bruce Lee

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

All women are crazy. You just have to figure out what kind of crazy is good for you.
                                "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Working...
                                X