Dent puller / remover ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dent puller / remover ??

Has anyone tried these? Can I just buy one from amazon? Should I just hire someone experienced? One is on the front drivers side fender (parking lot dent), and the other is the rear fender on the corner ( a deep-ish small dent, would need to hammer it out).

Here is the worst one

I don't think a dent puller will get that one. I just tried to push one out from inside the quarter on my 93 SE while I had the Bose amp out - I tried too hard and cracked the paint. I have had a professional do it on a number of previous cars with great results; unfortunately, he no longer makes house calls and his shop is 40 miles away. If it is something you want done right, hire someone that does it all day long.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yep. agreed.

Comment

I had succuess using my heat gun a light pushing from the inside, sometimes I didn't even have to push them.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
          I had succuess using my heat gun a light pushing from the inside, sometimes I didn't even have to push them.
          I guess the only rule is to start from the outside and work your way in?

Comment

There is a fellow on YouTube using hot water to pull out dents, he simply pours the hot water over the dent and pushes it out.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I'd be wary of any of the Youtube miracle methods. Most only work for very mild dents, if at all.

Honestly, I'd call around to a few professionals to see what the going rate is. Chances are that they'd do it way better than an amateur. They'll have the right tools and the right touch. And if they're legit, they'll also likely be insured against damage... so if they do anything wrong, you can have it fixed at a body shop on their dime.
              If the pros are unreasonably priced, then pick up a puller that seems to be of decent quality and give it a go. Just be prepared to possibly do damage yourself, and potentially have to pay a pro (or just live with the dent) in the end anyway.

From what I've heard, dent repair is surprisingly affordable. At least it was when my friend had it done a number of years ago.

Comment

ya, i watched the youtube vids, definitly looks like experience is needed.

Comment

Working...
                X