Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Past experience/ current experience with turbos(ebay or non eBay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broke_Cb7 View Post
    Really? I've heard the opposite on Honda tech.
    Lol. People on here like to do it with quality. Run an Emusa if you want, man. It's your car after all. Just get that eBay thing balanced first and use quality hardware. It's gonna be hit or miss anyway.

Edit: Speaking of tuning, Deev. Why doesn't anybody use Megasquirt?
    Last edited by F22Chris; 03-01-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Lol. People on here like to do it with quality. Run an Emusa if you want, man. It's your car after all. Just get that eBay thing balanced first and use quality hardware. It's gonna be hit or miss anyway.

Edit: Speaking of tuning, Deev. Why doesn't anybody use Megasquirt?
      Honestly, I'm not sure! It's HUGE in the Miata crowd. I guess there's no need for such a thing with Hondas, since you can spend $25 chipping a $15 ECU and you have your tunable engine management system. That, plus a wideband o2 sensor, cheap chip burner, and some free software, and a beginner can get their feet wet for very little investment. Megasquirt costs nearly as much as some of the more affordable Hondata systems, which are obviously a bit more Honda-focused.

Comment

I forgot about the Treadstone kit honestly. Considering the quality of parts you get I think it's quite the deal.

Do we know anyone who's running the Treadstone kit?

Comment

I believe oneoffaccord used one many years ago. Not sure if there were any others.
          If I went turbo, I'd be going to them. I kinda bummed they don't support my current cars!

Comment

Originally posted by Broke_Cb7 View Post
            Wow, the Ebay turbo sounds horrible now. I had found a website called thmotorsports.com and saw a turbo(not a whole kit) for $500. I've looked up some more Ebay build stories and jeez some turned out ugly. also one my friends who just got thier Ebay turbo told me that thier turbo exploded and headers cracked. I'm starting to consider going the expensive route even though the same thing could happen.
            I also forgot and just remembered when you said exploded. When I was running the cheap turbo I raced my buddy who had an H22a. During the race I had a massive power lose and thought I blew a coupler. When I pulled off and popped my hood I found the compressor housing fell off. Apparently the bolts holding the compressor housing on back themselves out and joined the asphalt. Thankfully the compressor housing somehow missed the turbine when it fell off.

My first setup was 450cc blue tops, 1gen uncrushed DSM BOV, 1987 Supra FMIC, 2gen DSM log manifold, and an Evo 3 big 16g turbo. I had a lot of fun on that setup and it didn't cost me more than 2-3grand including the clutch, piping etc. Running on a chipped po6 with free chrome software tuned by MRX. (I was his guinea pig for testing his turbo tuning and F22b DOHC tuning) So look into that option if your looking for a decent set up that won't necessarily break the bank.
            Last edited by Grumpys93; 03-01-2017, 11:14 PM.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

We should stop putting so much effort into threads where the OP has 1 post and asks questions like this. Pretty sure he will never return to bother reading these replies

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                We should stop putting so much effort into threads where the OP has 1 post and asks questions like this. Pretty sure he will never return to bother reading these replies
                I have, in fact I have gathered info from these replies. this has added more things into others output of the proper way of turboing and hearing others experience with the knockoff turbos and professional turbos.

Comment

That's all we can do is learn. No one started off in anything knowing everything. I look back and laugh at myself all the time. Learning and growing is half the fun. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. And be sure to post up your progress when you get the ball rolling!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    That's all we can do is learn. No one started off in anything knowing everything. I look back and laugh at myself all the time. Learning and growing is half the fun. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. And be sure to post up your progress when you get the ball rolling!
                    Trust me, being a teen in high school is bad enough when all the cool kids with Subarus show up. Then there's my ricer friend who claims to have a k24 in his civic si but refuses to show anyone what's under the hood. And then there's me the only kid with a cb7 who even gets crap for my car. A lot of people underestimate cb7's greatly at my school. But hey at least I get to learn new things about my car everyday and go the right path if not ricing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X