Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 on steelies from Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might sound a bit fucked up but... I just bought H23a DOHC head and dizzy. I already have the H23 intake manifold.

Guys in States and Europe put H23a heads on F22 85mm bore 8.8CR blocks with F23 headgasket. It's a pointless head swap cause of the low compression. It barely makes as much power with a good tune as a stock H23. Good for boost tho.

The F20A4 block has 85mm bore and 9.5:1 CR. The H23A head itself doesn't affect the compression in any way. My H23A head will get a nice mild shaving in our local engine shop, so the CR will be somewhere at ~9.7:1. Now you are asking yourself why I just don't put in a whole H23?

F-blocks have iron sleeves. If I want to go boost I don't have to get the block sleeved, so it'll save me some €€€. And I will go boost when I get this thing running properly. But at first N/A.

So the setup will be something like this:

-F20A4 block rebuild
    -H23Ax DOHC head shaved and p&p
    -F23 headgasket
    -H23 timing belt
    -H23 P14 crank gear
    -H23 intake manifold
    -H23 injectors

I might also do a P/S delete while I'm at it.

Oh, and I got the head and dizzy for 100€, wich is 112 bucks.

Comment

The H23 head drops right in. Dizzy plugs fit. Everything fits. I still need to buy H23 crank gear, H23 timing belt & F23 head gasket. Some nice P&P job coming this way. Stay tuned.

Comment

I would check the head against the F head gasket you will notice that you have some oil drain holes to take care of.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          I would check the head against the F head gasket you will notice that you have some oil drain holes to take care of.
          I know. None of those are an actual problem. TIG + CNC machines = win. I will use F23 SOHC V-tec head gasket.

Comment

I'm bored so why not update. Nothing has actually happened, just swapped over the exhaust from sedan to wagon. It fits

Here's a small list what I've done so far to the 1990 CB3:

Exterior / Exterior TO-DO

-Super black paintjob
            -9293 front end
            -9293 trunk lid & lights
            -Legend lip
            -Blackhoused headlights
            -Repaired it from two accidents
            -Some wheels
            -Lowered
            -Fixed rust
            -Shaved bay

To-do:

-Superblack paint job
            -New wheels
            -Hood bra

Interior / Interior TO-DO

-New dash
            -Black leather from 1995 Accord
            -SELM steering wheel
            -Stereo
            -High rise arm rest (will be upholstered with black leather)

To-do:

-Black carpet
            -Leather door panels?
            -Black dash

Engine / Engine TO-DO

-ACL main bearings
            -OEM rod bearings
            -Japanparts piston rings
            -Honed cylinders
            -Lighter flywheel
            -Exedy stg1 clutch
            -H23A1 DOHC cylinder head
            -H23A1 intake manifold

To-do

-ARP/OEM head bolts/studs
            -Head milling
            -P&P
            -Adjustable cam gears
            -Fabricate a new header/exhaust
            -P14 ECU
            -Knock sensor?
            -Finish wire tuck
            -BOOST

And when it blows up...

Forged induction & F22A7 block

I propably get to paint the engine bay next week sooo... Stay tuned!!
            Last edited by CB3F20A2; 04-07-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

More rust!! I knew there were few rust holes but didn't quite expect this.

So, this is what the drivers side looked like under the inner fender.

So I went and drilled out the spot welds and cut off a piece of the chassis.

I removed the rusted areas and welded new metal in. Then I put the piece of the chassis back on.

Still needs alot of welding but it's getting there. Same thing for the passenger side. I cleaned up the passenger's wheel arch and sprayd it with acid primer and protective compound to prevent it from rusting.

And a pic of the bay in progress:

Stay tuned...

Comment

Yo whats up! Finished the drivers side rust thingy.. I ran out of gas while welding so it looks horrible but what ever it holds up and the hole is sealed now

I also fixed some ABS problems of the wagon. Gave me 3-1 so it was the front left pulser. Cleaned it up and it's fine now. I also disassembled the H23 head for machinery job and good cleaning... Slowly but surely it's coming together.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Guys I really need your help now! Asap!

So, I'm in the following situation with my wagon:

I was driving around, and suddenly the car died. It cranked well, put I could not get it started. So I put it in 1st, dumped the clutch and turned the ignition key and it started. Drove it home.

Now the car won't start. I have to crank it like 15 seconds and it will start, but won't idle longer than few seconds. It dies immediately if I touch the gas pedal.

I've replaced the distributor with 100% working one. I've checked the timing by putting the 1st. cylinder @ TDC and the camshaft UP mark was where it's supposed to be. I've changed spark plugs, plug wires, IACV, FITV, fuel pressure regulator, alternator... Sparks good and she gets fuel. My brother checked the old plug wires with a multimeter and they were all like 350-530 Kohm.

When I replaced the fuel pressure regulator, I opened the gas tank cap and loosen the two M6 bolts that hold the regulator to fuel rail. There was such a pressure, that fuel flew all over my garage. To me this doesn't sound normal. I put pressure air through the line that leads excess fuel back to gas tank. Didn't help. The car doesn't throw any CEL's.

What could cause this? Any help would be highly appreciated. I will try to upload a video of the problem and share it in here.

Stuff I have yet to check/change:

-Injectors
                  -Injector resistor box
                  -Intake manifold gasket

To me this doesn't sound like timing being off. Could it be a bad MAP sensor?

Thanks, Jali

Comment

Soo...

I did the timing belt and balance shaft belt along with the tensioners. I've tried three different sets of injectors, I've checked the voltage of the injector plugs (solid 12.4V), I've checked the injector impedance...

I put the injectors in the fuel rail, but I didnt attach it to the intake manifold. My brother cranked the engine and the injectors spray very very poorly. Anyway when I take off the spark plugs they are wet and they smell like gasoline. But what I don't get is that the spark is good and comes in time.

Wtf is going on...

Comment

have u check the fuel pump relay under the dash? fuel pump good?
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                        have u check the fuel pump relay under the dash? fuel pump good?
                        Yes. Fuel pump's good. The relay works just fine. If it didn't, the fuel pump would not pump fuel to engine and there was a shitload of pressure in my fuel rail. Pump's good.

Comment

Faaawk... I have to check the cylinder pressure.

Comment

I got it running. The gas needle showed that there were plenty of gas, and the engine got gas also. I put 10l of gas in the tank and she fired straight up. I need to replace the sending unit that goes in the tank.

Mystery solved.

Comment

Yoo..

Haven't done anything to the CB3 lately. I took the wagon for inspection but didn't pass it. There were some small issues like too high emissions, bad sway bar end links, passenger side rear brake pads and the clutch doesn't work well due to bad master cylinder.

It didn't pass the emission test because my exhaust started leaking from downpipe flange while takin her to the checkup. I already took out the master cylinder and it was full of muck. When I pressed it all the way down it wouldn't come up, so I cleaned it and checked the gaskets and now it seems to work. I still have to put in the fluids and air it out for a test drive. I think I have to take it out again and replace with a new part tho Some small issues that are easy to fix

This weekends plan is to finally get the damn engine bay painted and get the sedan back on it's feet. Or wheels. There's also been some intake manifold mutilation going on...

Stay tuned!

Comment

**UPDATE**

Engine bay painted, valves cleaned and inspected. Engine bay assembly started and I decided to go the easy way with the head.

Since there's only one spot that doesn't line up with the headgasket, I will take the head to a machinery shop to be welded and machined. And what comes to the headgasket being 85mm bore and the head 87mm, I will get the head gasket modified to be 86mm bore.

I will take apart all the front suspension and take the parts to a local company that does sand blasting, and then paint them with polyurethane paint. Energy Suspension bushing all the way.

Our shop's table is starting to get full with these so called projects...

Slowly but surely she's coming together.

Keep lurking for updates guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X