Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beans: 1997 Accord Coupe LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans parts came in, assembling tomorrow.

Ordered a rywire Kevlar clutch line and k tuned spherical shifter cable end bushings as well.

Pulling new CL hubs tomorrow(finally) and will probably have the ARP's pressed in this weekend.

Dropped faces off at powdercoaters to have them done in satin black, now just have to decide if I want to do the lips gloss black or polish them. Polishing is just cost of materials, gloss black would be another $100.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Faces came back from powdercoaters, washed the barrels and lips, and test assembled without bolts. Good Lord do they look good. Pics coming soon.

Started assembling the mf4 again, after a couple times restocking the gear sets, got it right and will be finalizing assembly sometime within the next few days. I still can't believe the deal I got on that, it's absolutely perfect inside and has a dual conecarbon Synchrotech 2nd synchro.

Got the k-tuned shift bushings, FFC shifter bushings, new energy suspension front shock bushings(sold,my lowers to a friend and now need them, can use uppers on rear shocks), a Kevlar clutch line from rywire, pressed in the ARP's on the rear hubs, finally got the cl hubs pulled-pressing in ARP's soon. Gotta get a new clutch master and some various other things, but it's all coming together for a massive weekend thrash to get it all together. Intake still at porters, but set up my retune for April 17th.

On nother front, my 7.25" tall 550lb eBay coilover springs have turned out to be a bit too much for the rear shocks. The passenger rear blew the deal and lost fluid. Dropping down to an 9" tall 400/450lb summit racing spring and sending my bilsteins back for a warranty. Front seem to be doing just fine still, but I'll keep an eye on them. Zero issues were had with the Bilsteins on the much more conservatively sprung progressive skunk2 coils previously.

Comment

CL hubs have ARP's, put new ball joints in spare knuckles, and trans assembled!

Ordered two new rear bilsteins(sending old in for warranty), all-star Coilover sleeves and collars for rear, 400lb and 450lb 9" long springs, and picked up a pair of helpers and collars for the fronts. Gonna buy new front bearings so it'll be a quick and easy swap. Still waiting on hubcentric rings and valvestems to come in from threepiece.us for final assembly on the wheels.

Spending way too much money lately.

Comment

Was it you who was talking about the different types of Bilsteins that are not available to us here in the States, directly? Which model do you have?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yes, that was me. We get a CB specific and CD specific set of B6/HD's. For the CD, the model # matches that of the euro spec B6 for the CE wagon. Not sure about for the CB.

Comment

New rear Bilstein's arrived, as well as allstar performance coilover components, 9" 400/450lb springs, and hyperco spring tenders/perches(which will go on the fronts).

Tired old Bilstein:

And now what you've been waiting for:

Comment

Installed new rear Bilsteins and summit/all-star stuff in back, installed extended top hats and spring tenders up front with the energy suspension lower shock bushings. Currently at 13" hub center to fender all around, have about another inch of lowering if I want. Holy crap, it's so crazy smooth. Much more neutral. Can't wait to get the 18's on it now.

Comment

Why did you decide to replace the Bilstiens? aren't they rebuildable?

Comment

They are, but they're also covered by a lifetime warranty. Just sent them back to tirerack monday, should hear about warranty coverage soon.

Comment

M2F4, Exedy Stage 1 clutch, New flywheel, clutch master, rywire clutch line/dampener delete, and k-tuned shifter bushings installed. Holy Shit this gearing is short, but soooooo Damn good. 4th ends right around 100 now, it's perfect. Need to adjust the clutch pedal a little bit more, but it pulls so nice and shifts like butter. Huge improvement.

Comment

Yeah the M2F4 (and its variants) are very short geared compared to the F trans. I hated it on the highway but loved it on the street in the Lude.

I see you're using the DA upper control arms. I'm going to assume that an SPC adjustable camber kit fits?? Or since it is a more popular platform, they probably have other camber adjustment options. I would enjoy the increase in caster. I think I'm sitting at about +2.8 degrees now.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'm sure it'd fit, but not sure if it's worth it.

Some progress pictures.

Threw on the Legend Type-II coupe lip, will paint it soon. Doesn't fit great and it's a little short on the sides, but I really like the way it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                            I'm sure it'd fit, but not sure if it's worth it.

Some progress pictures.
                            ~snipped~

Threw on the Legend Type-II coupe lip, will paint it soon. Doesn't fit great and it's a little short on the sides, but I really like the way it looks.

~snipped~
                            Out of curiosity, how'd you end up getting the transmission and engine to separate? When I tried mine it seemed as though it was seized in.

Comment

Two people, one wiggling from below, I had a pry bar to separate from above.

Comment

Your wheels look great and I like the lip alot. Your drivetrain is almost exactly what I want for my Accord. Keep up the good work your whole car is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X