Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Civic -R Coming to Canada this summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Hey now Deev.. Hey now.. Sticker price for an a4 is 35k. Go get one.
    But then he'd be an Audi driver, and who wants that? I keep thinking about having a sticker made for my rear bumper. It would be very tiny font that read, "If you can read this... hello, Audi driver!"

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I like the specs and the design. Great little car. But my next purchase will be RWD!

I doubt that you will see many 16 year old's wrenching on them.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        my next purchase will be RWD!
        No kidding. After two FWD projects, I want a break as well. Makes me wonder when Honda will be more generous about which cars they give SH-AWD to.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/03/...or-just-right/

I guess it is $35k MSRP.

The paint seems to be making a big difference in how I look at this car, because I'm actually liking it in good ol' Championship White. Maybe it's just the photo editing in these particular shots. Obviously this car is everywhere these days, and with how I keep seeing it everywhere recently, I'm warming up to the design quicker than I thought. I need to see one in person; hopefully one will be at the Denver Auto Show next month.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'm curious to see if this will force Subaru to step up its game whenever they get around to building a new STi.

At this point the STi is basically irrelevant as far as I'm concerned (and this is coming from someone who had one and just helped his friend purchase a new WRX).

Honda had to do something big to compete with the WRX / Focus ST and RS / Golf R.

To those who are worried about FWD, I give you Jordan Cox

Please excuse me while I go to Craigslist and start looking for EG hatches again.

EDIT:

One more...look at how much his car tripods!
            Last edited by AccordWarrior; 03-10-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

The STi is in desperate need of greater performance. Well, in terms of market viability, anyway. It's current performance is still spectacular, and far beyond the needs of most people on public roads. Still, for a $40,000 USD car, it just doesn't offer enough. It was ground breaking when it first came to North America. Its neck and neck competition with the Evo kept it relevant, and it kept devout enthusiasts on board (much as the Camaro/Firebird or Camarobird/Mustang rivalries did, even when those cars were lackluster.) Now, the power is unimpressive, and the performance is matched by a number of worthy competitors (diluting the once-thrilling competition with just one true competitor.) Of the current high-end performance versions of compact cars, I think the Golf R would probably be my choice (I know, I know... I hate VW... but I think it's probably the most versatile pick... good performance matched with refined roadgoing manners... at least from what I've read, as I've never driven one.)

The Civic Type R will find a market in the 30-45 age group, I think. People with enough money to buy it, and a love for all things "Type R" stemming from their younger years. It will be purchased not only out of a desire for a high performance vehicle, but also to fulfill some nostalgic need.
              Now, the determining factor is going to be whether or not the car is truly fun to drive. If it's enjoyable enough to justify the price, it'll last after the nostalgia has worn off. If it's not terribly special, it will be forgotten. It will meet the same fate as the once beloved Sentra SE-R... it will just be ignored until it quietly fades away.

That being said, I think I'd still rather have an EK9 Type R over the new one, despite a 117hp deficit (that's how much power my Fit made! ) Of course, that's just me being old and nostalgic, wishing cars still looked like they did in the 90s, rather than the bulbous plasticky monstrosities of today.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The STi is in desperate need of greater performance. Well, in terms of market viability, anyway. It's current performance is still spectacular, and far beyond the needs of most people on public roads. Still, for a $40,000 USD car, it just doesn't offer enough. It was ground breaking when it first came to North America. Its neck and neck competition with the Evo kept it relevant, and it kept devout enthusiasts on board (much as the Camaro/Firebird or Camarobird/Mustang rivalries did, even when those cars were lackluster.) Now, the power is unimpressive, and the performance is matched by a number of worthy competitors (diluting the once-thrilling competition with just one true competitor.) Of the current high-end performance versions of compact cars, I think the Golf R would probably be my choice (I know, I know... I hate VW... but I think it's probably the most versatile pick... good performance matched with refined roadgoing manners... at least from what I've read, as I've never driven one.)
                The problem is that the 2017 STi is the same as the 2004 STi, essentially. It's got a far nicer interior and probably handles better, but it's the identical EJ257 that was in my car, with the same garbage 2007-up tune that blows motors.

The WRX has gotten SO much better compared to what it was back in the early years in terms of performance. There is effectively no justification in purchasing the STi. Like I said, a good friend of mine was between the WRX and STi and ended up WRX simply because of the motor difference.

It's been 13 years and Subaru hasn't done a thing to truly improve the car.

Look where the Focus or Civic were in 2004...look where they are now.

Comment

Sick!!!!

Reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/XeGAmcLYGQ8

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

The Civic Type R will find a market in the 30-45 age group, I think. People with enough money to buy it, and a love for all things "Type R" stemming from their younger years. It will be purchased not only out of a desire for a high performance vehicle, but also to fulfill some nostalgic need.
                    Now, the determining factor is going to be whether or not the car is truly fun to drive. If it's enjoyable enough to justify the price, it'll last after the nostalgia has worn off. If it's not terribly special, it will be forgotten. It will meet the same fate as the once beloved Sentra SE-R... it will just be ignored until it quietly fades away.

That being said, I think I'd still rather have an EK9 Type R over the new one, despite a 117hp deficit (that's how much power my Fit made! ) Of course, that's just me being old and nostalgic, wishing cars still looked like they did in the 90s, rather than the bulbous plasticky monstrosities of today.
                    I wish I was old enough when the itr came to the usa to buy one. That and the 2000 Si...I loved my 8th gen si and my 9th gen si but there's something about my cb7 that makes it my forever car. Old hondas in general are just cooler to me.
                    Last edited by kseriescivic; 03-10-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kseriescivic View Post
                      I wish I was old enough when the itr came to buy one. That and the 2000 Si...I loved my 8th gen si and my 9th gen si but there's something about my cb7 that makes it my forever car. Old hondas in general are just cooler to me.
                      There are plenty have have been squirreled away and are coming up for sale. You'll just pay new CTR prices for good ones.

Bring A Trailer Integra Type R Listings

A 1998 Championship White ITR is on my lottery list. I don't care for how they look with the later year colors, but I much prefer the 98-01 updated nose to the 94-97 version.

Comment

I don't know if you'd call it a previous generation or a pre-facelift, but the last model that the enthusiast countries got:

Brief overview in the beginning here, plus some comparison details to the EK9 throughout:
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-10-2017, 11:09 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Lol those videos are amazing. He has that suspension dialed in. I wonder what kind of wear that puts on the tires.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                            There are plenty have have been squirreled away and are coming up for sale. You'll just pay new CTR prices for good ones.

Bring A Trailer Integra Type R Listings

A 1998 Championship White ITR is on my lottery list. I don't care for how they look with the later year colors, but I much prefer the 98-01 updated nose to the 94-97 version.

JC!!! One went for 34.5k !! That's insane. If I'm spending 20k on a honda it's going to be an Ap1 s2000. 15k for a nice ITR sounds reasonable but in a few years lots of jdm models will be eligible to import. I saw a RHD crx listed on CL for 9 or 10k. Its was sooo nice.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                              ........To those who are worried about FWD, I give you Jordan Cox..........
                              I watched that a few weeks ago too and OMG that was fun to watch!

On a seperate note, I can't see 40 year old men with famlies buying these.

Comment

^ Did you watch that full Bathurst race? The Civic and Celica were battling the entire time for 2nd place. It was like the Holden way out front didn't even matter, because that back-and-forth between the Japanese cars was so intense.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X