Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my dads F22 is leaking oil BAD, but dont know what is wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dads F22 is leaking oil BAD, but dont know what is wrong?

hes a mechanic, and so is my uncle, they both thought it was the valve cover gasket, slapped a new one on, problems still there, it looks like it leaks around where the cam is? near the water pump, but when we looked inside that cover for the cam gear, there is no oil, not a drop, you guys think its a cam seal? i doubt that much oil could leak through the head gasket lol

loose oil pump? idk

It could be the front main seal...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

You have at least 3 oil seals (cam, front balancer shaft and crankshaft) and 1 oil pump gasket on the front side of the engine. It could be one of them or it could be something else. Best thing you can do is to clean the engine with a degreser, run it for a while then shut-off. This way you will have a good view whre is it coming from. Usaully you will see them leak after shutting off the engine while it's cooling down...

Comment

gey some uv dye

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Probably the balance shaft seals
          wat?

Comment

hmmm change the seals around the timing belt

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

distributor o-ring?

where is the oil at exactly on the engine?

I say clean the whole thing then see where it's coming from...could also try some powder after cleaning...eh...

also make sure the tranny isn't leaking out from where the shift linkages go in...can happen.

as pointed out...if it's time for the t-belt...change all seals...if they weren't changed last t-belt...then change 'em ...my seals lasted one tbelt change..by the time the second change was due they were leaking...but not much really...the water pump was leaking a little but the seals were good.
              ____

Comment

camshaft seal
                welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

if you say the cam seal is clean, then i vote for balance shaft seal. They can 'walk' out on the shaft and you can lose a bunch of oil in a short period of time. should be able to change that seal and get the optional retainer clip piece they offer at honda

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

cool, thanks guys, it looks like its coming from right under the head? from the side to the corner rear of the engine?

Comment

You need to redo that valve cover gasket. Its leaking again. Use a Honda one. RTV in the curves, corners.

Comment

im not sure, but could it leak between the camshaft and cam gear??
                        lol idk

but my dad and uncle got it fixed

and i have new tires on the bimmer, im so happy, after one blew out on me, had to fix it on the side of the freeway, and the jack shot out at my leg, (4600lbs car)
                        luckily i didnt finish getting the wheel off, so it didnt crush the rotor :P or my foot

Comment

Working...
                        X