Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil still leaking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil still leaking.

my problem is i have a slight oil leak on my f22a1. it was leaking alot worse before but i replaced the oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket. i took my distributor off because it was leaking from where it sits in the head and it appears that the shop i took it to a while ago didn't even put an o-ring on it smh...
    it's not leaking as bad as before but now there's a leak from somewhere above the oil filter because there's run off oil that's a little visible.
    anyone know what it could be?
    RIP '91 LX.

I had this problem in my old cb it was leaking from the head gasket it was a small leak.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
    My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

sounds like the oil sender unit is leaking

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

nah my head gasket is fine, i lifted my car up and with a flashlight i looked around for possible leaks. it was dripping directly onto the oil filter and i noticed there was a plug right above it. i'm guessing that's the oil sending unit?
        RIP '91 LX.

Comment

this could be the valve cover gasket. When was the last time has it been changed..

Comment

lol only 23 posts and u're already banned?
            but no i replaced the valve cover gasket, i said that in my first post. and i replaced it about the middle of last month during my spring break.
            my conclusion so far is the oil sender unit or oil sending unit (whichever one it's called). the only problem is i have no background info on what they are or how to replace them.
            RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Originally posted by youngflyndsaved View Post
              lol only 23 posts and u're already banned?
              but no i replaced the valve cover gasket, i said that in my first post. and i replaced it about the middle of last month during my spring break.
              my conclusion so far is the oil sender unit or oil sending unit (whichever one it's called). the only problem is i have no background info on what they are or how to replace them.
              The oil sender is something else...below the distributor.

It's an oil pressure switch (above the oil filter). If there is low oil pressure, then your oil light comes on your dash (controlled by your oil sending unit below the distributor).

Feel free to correct me

Anyway -- the switch is like a plug with a tip on end and threaded on the end.

There is a plug (think of it like a headphone jack) that comes off of the tip end. Chances are, the rubber boot will crack on our old cars -- no big deal. Grab whatever wrench size (or adjustable wrench) and undo it the switch. It's kind of a pain to reach. You can take off your oil filter temporarily, unless you're replacing it anyway. Since the actual switch seems fine and it's just a leak --- I'm not sure if a new one will seal it... crush washer maybe??
              Last edited by sin2k5; 04-07-2011, 12:51 AM.

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
              Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

Comment

if the rubber cover thats over that sending unit if that what it is called. if thats riped will it leak minie is gone and i dont know if this will leak....

Comment

The oil sender is something else...below the distributor.

It's an oil pressure switch (above the oil filter). If there is low oil pressure, then your oil light comes on your dash (controlled by your oil sending unit below the distributor).

Feel free to correct me
                  Sorry this is kinda off topic, but if that switch i bad my low oil light won't come on I'm guessing? The reason I ask is when I changed my oil the other day I realized I was really low, but I have never had the oil light come on. Hopefully now I got all my oil leaks fixed.

Comment

my oil light on my dash has been on for a while and i've been changin my oil regularly so i'm trying to find out what else it could be.

right now i'm trying to change the oil press. switch but it's difficult to reach...!
                    RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Originally posted by youngflyndsaved View Post
                      my oil light on my dash has been on for a while and i've been changin my oil regularly so i'm trying to find out what else it could be.

right now i'm trying to change the oil press. switch but it's difficult to reach...!
                      did you remove the oil filter?

Comment

why not go under there and clean everything with degreaser and a nice stream of water.

Then look later to find where its leaking instead of asking.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah i removed the filter but there was still a small amount of space.

i finally took it off and inspected it and on my switch the "headphone jack" end piece was broken and loose. that's where the oil was coming from. bought a new piece, replaced and no more oil light.
                          RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Working...
                          X