new car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new car?

okay, my wife's cb7 is practically dead. To make a long story short, the transmission lines have busted twice and run completely dry yet somehow is still working. Also since the car uses more antifreeze than gas, I'm assuming it's blow a head gasket as well. We're going to run the car until it completely dies but I think it's safe to say that the car is on it's last leg.

We've already decided that when the honda dies, my wife is going to get a car of her own that I promise not to touch (she hates everything I've done to the honda.) Currently I am on disability and I'll end this subject by saying that it's impossible to support a family on disability. Because of this I'm probably going to have to at least try to get a job and basically I need a car of my own.

What I'm asking from you guys is for your suggestion on a good car. The things that are most important to me are the ease to work on the car and the ability to mod the car. But here's the catch, it's gotta be cheap, I mean like $500 cheap. any suggestions?
    91 Accord LX

MotoraZ Chrome 4-2-1 headers
    intake
    exhaust

Throw a jdm F20 DOHC (i think its a f20, maybey a f22. i cant remember) and call it a day.

Comment

well that ain't gonna work. I've had my fun with the accord but I'm tired of it. That being said, my next car won't be a cb7. I've been thinking about going with a mustang 5.0 but they don't even come close to being in my budget.

Are there even any cars out there that I can get for 500 bucks, change a head gasket or something and then slowly start to suup it up?
      91 Accord LX

MotoraZ Chrome 4-2-1 headers
      intake
      exhaust

Comment

i got a cb7 that ill give ya for 300. its got front end damage (smashed driver side lights,bent radiator supports, smashed fender, bent hood, and reverse is fucked) but it still runs, but then you got to get it fixed. hope i helped....
        for sale
        sony 430 watt 3/2/1/ channel amp
        sparkomatic 60 watt eq

Comment

you could find a running crx for that much money, plenty of them go for under $1k and they are easy to mod, after all its a honda.
          Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

hmmm, pretty much ANY old honda can be found in running condition for that price... an old '90 integra hatch, 3g accord, crx, civic hatch, old prelude.. all good choices..

i personally wouldn't leave the cb7 family... i would get an old '90 DX... in any condition... i'm sure you can find one still running for 500 bucks.

Comment

300.....still running......needs work....but still runnin
              for sale
              sony 430 watt 3/2/1/ channel amp
              sparkomatic 60 watt eq

Comment

For $500, you're not going to find anything more reliable than an old Honda. If you want to get something that you can have fun with performance wise, you'd be best off with a CRX or a CB7... Possibly a 3rd gen Prelude, but even they can be pretty pricey if they're in decent shape. I'd love to try driving a 4WS Prelude

Comment

Working...
                X