Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Euro R ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    You're going to spend $120 for the harness, I'm sure an insane amount for the Euro R ECU and then find you should have just done it that way everyone is telling you to. Is this all so you can avoid spending money on a tune?

Budget Street: Japan uses RON ratings and not octane. The gas is roughly the same. And to say that an entire country tunes on one particular grade of gasoline is a bit of an ignorant statement. In the states all of our cars aren't 87. It depends on the car.
    not trying to make a big deal about gas and octane vs. ron ratings but you are aware that gas is sold in japan and europe with a comparable rating of 98-100

i did not mean all the cars are tuned on the high obtain fuel but the high performance vehicles are. like on my integra gsr inside the gas door says premium unleaded fuel only. my mom put 87 in it one time and it would barly run.

any way we are getting off topic and we are both giving this guy the same advice.

I don't know about other parts of the country but I pay $250 for dyno tune and thats till its done not by the hour.
    my tuner sets idle low rpm driveability not just w.o.t.

I see these posts about what ecu to use and maybe its different being in south florida cause there is more tuners and dynos but dyno tune is the way to go.

even good street tune if you have a good tuner and a wide band plus some long country roads.
    Budget Street is offline working in the shop

drop the mouse and pick up a wrench

Originally posted by deevergote
    Good for you. You don't even know how to spell VTEC.

Comment

Jarrett is merely saying that your statement about "japan's higher octane" is false. Japan's fuel is only rated higher because they use the RON system, whereas we use the AKI system. Our 93 octane is comparable to Japan's 101 octane (or whatever... I haven't done the calculations.) Run a JDM engine with a JDM ECU on USDM 93 octane fuel, and there will be no issues whatsoever. The octane argument in this case is thoroughly invalid.

Comment

Jarrett, the ECU comes with the engine, it is not like I can opt out of the ECU. Where I am from in eastern NC, I know of only two tuner shops with a dyno, which from one I got negative feedback and the other one is in a small town so I don't know yet what the deal is with that one. The point of it is to use as much of the components that come with the engine, even if that means spending $120 on a harness adapter. Do you see my predicament in this situation?

Comment

I see what you're trying to do but I don't see a predicament. Car modification is optional, never really mandatory. A P28/P72 with a good basemap should easily be sufficient in getting you to a reputable shop that is perhaps a little further away.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Apexbender View Post
            Where I am from in eastern NC, I know of only two tuner shops with a dyno, which from one I got negative feedback and the other one is in a small town so I don't know yet what the deal is with that one.
            If you're in NC you have more than two tuning choices, heres a small list....

RLZ
            313 Manor Av SW Concord NC 28025

A.S.A.P tuning
            EFI Tuning&Dyno Services, 2817 Brewton Place, Raleigh NC 919-270-3863

RAW Performance
            226 Mclean Dr SW, Lenoir NC 28645

BRMS
            958 HWY 70 SE Hickory NC 28602 828-322-9600

DG
            2126 Pocomoke Rd Franklinton NC 27525 919-494-5595

Phantasm
            919 Capital Blvd. Raleigh NC 27603

National speed
            6779 Gordon Rd Wilmington NC 28411-8465 (910) 332-5901

Driven
            5715 Stockbridge Dr, Monroe, NC 28110. (704) 821-5251

KMOD
            Greensboro 336-517-7419

The list goes on, but these are some of the trusted shops not in any order. If i had to choose it would go RLZ, A.S.A.P, RAW, DRIVEN the rest are neutral. Ofcourse to get a trusted tune you will have to travel.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Thank you for the list of tuning shops, within this list are the two I knew of.

Comment

Like i said RLZ, A.S.A.P, DRIVEN, RAW.... Would be my top choices. If you're a local and haven't joined CH (Carolina Hondas) it would be wise to sign up and do some digging as alot of information on some of the tuners can be found aswell as work, tunes etc etc...

http://www.carolinahondas.com/sponso...petes-section/

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Thank you again... I am close to some of the tuning places you listed before. I am going to Carolina Honda to check stuff out over on that side, and see what's up. I excited about knowing that I have a few peep in my area that are CB fans like me.

Comment

Working...
                  X