Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint

I was hesitant to take on the little project, but surprisingly it came out really well! Let me know what you guys thing and if you've had any issues with using the Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. I still have to paint the door panels and the rest of the "blue" pieces, but those should be fairly easy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfIa6wlnuo&t

Looks good. So i did all of my back seats with this stuff and car mats. Turned out great but it will fade. And unlike OEM stuff it will fade from the sun, and also from wear and tear. It never rubs off on clothing which is nice, so if you use car mats this should look ok for a bit for the rug.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Looks good. So i did all of my back seats with this stuff and car mats. Turned out great but it will fade. And unlike OEM stuff it will fade from the sun, and also from wear and tear. It never rubs off on clothing which is nice, so if you use car mats this should look ok for a bit for the rug.

So did you just re-spray them or did you change the seats once the faded?

Comment

Originally posted by accordboi77 View Post
        So did you just re-spray them or did you change the seats once the faded?
        Re-spray. But no-one sits in my back seats and I have tint on the car so they don't fade that much. The floor mats I did faded really quick and now look like shit. Would be much better to dye them if one had the materials and space to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by accordboi77 View Post
          I was hesitant to take on the little project, but surprisingly it came out really well! Let me know what you guys thing and if you've had any issues with using the Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. I still have to paint the door panels and the rest of the "blue" pieces, but those should be fairly easy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfIa6wlnuo&t
          I had to use this on my rear parcel shelf when I converted to black leather because I simply couldn't find one at all. That was at least 10 years ago and I haven't had a single problem with it.

That said, I have no idea how it would hold up on a higher wear surface, but the sun where the car is a bitch, so it would probably be OK.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I used SEM products to recolor the vinyl around the leather on a set of SE door inserts - it has held up well.

90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I live in Florida so now I'm a little worried that this is going to last a few months with the sun and heat we get here... I guess if it does fade to fast i'll pull it out and dye it...

Comment

Working...
              X