Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocarina of Time: The Best Zelda Game Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocarina of Time: The Best Zelda Game Ever?

This one music from Ocarina of Time came to my head about 15 minutes for no reason really. I haven't even heard the name Zelda for months and months so i really don't understand but now that I'm thinking about it... it was one !@#$ing awesome game. Possibly the best Zelda ever. The music, the story, the characters, absolutely everything was perfect about it! Does anyone else think the same? I personally haven't played the SNES and older ones and haven't played any of them that came out after Majora's Mask but I'm sure Ocarina of Time remains the best of all.

Here's a MIDI page.

http://www.unlimitedgamer.net/covera.../loz_music.php

Without the music it wouldn't of been so good. They're either catchy or simply beautiful.
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

It's actually the first Zelda game that lost my interest halfway through. Beautifully made, but it didn't grab me.

The original was the best for me, and A Link to the Past was a close second. The Adventure of Link was interesting, and good... but not a Zelda game, IMO. The gameboy ones were a little weak.

I do agree about the music, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      It's actually the first Zelda game that lost my interest halfway through. Beautifully made, but it didn't grab me.

The original was the best for me, and A Link to the Past was a close second. The Adventure of Link was interesting, and good... but not a Zelda game, IMO. The gameboy ones were a little weak.

I do agree about the music, though.
      Woah are you serious? Like I said I didn't play the old ones since they were RPGs which is not my type of game at all but there's not once I lost interest in Ocarina of Time throughout the whole game. It wasn't anything repetitive. There was always something new to look for. I was just always too eager to discover what was coming next. Even a while after the completion of the game I was still playing to desperately try and find the "Temple of Light" in which you could supposedly acquire the TriForce according to thousands of false rumors. Some people believed in it so badly that it has even been heard by the creators who then made it clear that there was no Temple of Light nor any TriForce you could use. People simply didn't want to admit that they beat the game and that it was over.
      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87
        Woah are you serious? Like I said I didn't play the old ones since they were RPGs which is not my type of game at all but there's not once I lost interest in Ocarina of Time throughout the whole game. It wasn't anything repetitive. There was always something new to look for. I was just always too eager to discover what was coming next. Even a while after the completion of the game I was still playing to desperately try and find the "Temple of Light" in which you could supposedly acquire the TriForce according to thousands of false rumors. Some people believed in it so badly that it has even been heard by the creators who then made it clear that there was no Temple of Light nor any TriForce you could use. People simply didn't want to admit that they beat the game and that it was over.

I still have a COMPLETELY PERFECT game saved on it from years ago haha. Every heart piece, every gold skulltula, every mask, even the hidden lure in the fishing place that is crazy hard to find, eevvverryyyythiiinngggg

Still my favorite too, Wont ever get erased either haha. Twilight Princess is a close runner up for me

Comment

The Ocarina of Time was MUCH more of an RPG than any of the earlier ones...

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
            I still have a COMPLETELY PERFECT game saved on it from years ago haha. Every heart piece, every gold skulltula, every mask, even the hidden lure in the fishing place that is crazy hard to find, eevvverryyyythiiinngggg

Still my favorite too, Wont ever get erased either haha. Twilight Princess is a close runner up for me
            :P. I have it all too except for all the hearts that I simply couldn't find. I think I have 1 piece missing or something.
            NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              The Ocarina of Time was MUCH more of an RPG than any of the earlier ones...
              Am I the one mistaking then? I think what I meat was TBRPG (Turn-Based Role Playing Game) which too me is simply RPG. Sorry for the confusion. I always thought Ocarina of Time is an adventure game.
              NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

A Link to the past was great. I have it on my Wii. All those Dark World dungeons are confusing as hell.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I pre-ordered Ocarina of Time back in '98 and got the gold Collector's Edition.

I'd have to agree with you. Ocarina of Time is also my favorite game in the series, and I've played all of them except Oracles of Ages/Seasons and Phantom Hourglass.

Really, it was the most immersive game I had ever played up to that point and still holds its own against games released today, ten years later, which really says a lot. It defined a TON of gameplay mechanics which are now staple to many genres that involve action and adventure styles in 3D.

Now, I never got into RPGs and to this day have trouble getting into them. I know how involved they can get. For me, the Legend of Zelda is where it's at. They're all so compelling and I don't have to bother with all the technicalities that stray me away from typical RPGs.

The epicness of the adventure, and the memorable characters, graphics, sound, story, dungeons, boss fights, enemies, EVERYTHING. The world was just unlike anything I had ever experienced in a videogame before. So wondrous.

I really loved Wind Waker, and I honestly think it doesn't get the credit it deserves. Although being a bit short and having a really terrible Gannon battle, I still loved it. The music was also great, and as with Twilight Princess, composed entirely in MIDI.

I found Twilight Princess to be a bit of a disappointment. It was great and all, and the plot was better than any Zelda game before it; but I guess I was expecting it to surpass Ocarina of Time and to me it just wasn't able to. I guess it's all in that wonder that was there when the universe was brought into 3D for the first time, so well.

My favorite Nintendo 64 game, and takes place in my personal top 5 games of all time.
                  My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

i have to say either the first one or the link to the past for snes has to be the best.
                    i've played almsot everyone except thouse 2 for n64 also.
                    hey i kinda liked the gamboy one with the island.
                    i even have the stupid 4 swords game for advanced.

i just got wii for xmas and got the new zelda and i have only played like half of it. It just not as good as they once were.
                    Last edited by smokeeey420; 05-28-2008, 12:54 AM.
                    FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                    My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

I personally haven't played the SNES and older ones and haven't played any of them that came out after Majora's Mask but I'm sure Ocarina of Time remains the best of all.
                      Then you havent played Zelda.

Link to the Past is by far the best one. Next would be Links Awakening.
                      Last edited by texasvtak; 05-28-2008, 01:00 AM.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

I win

http://madmaxfuntimes.ytmnd.com/

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                          WTF is that! It's just disturbing lol
                          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

it's the Song of storms Mad Max version LOL. I have it in my car LMFAO

My Members Ride Page

Comment

It does remind me the game a lot though and I don't mean the music which I clearly remember and is super catchy but the scene from the movie. MadMax reminds me of this guy teaching you the song who also rotates the handle of his weird instrument as MadMax is rotating his... whatever it is while this weird looking ugly kid reminds me of Link
                              NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Working...
                              X