Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drop all the info about f22a block with h22 head.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drop all the info about f22a block with h22 head.......

tryin to bulid on a buget..............so a head is way cheaper then a engine .....so drop it like its hottt.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

Unless you are going to go boost, This isn't a great idea.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      Unless you are going to go boost, This isn't a great idea.
      Exactly. H22 head on stock f22 block means about 8:1 compression. It'll be slow as shit without boost.

If you still want to do it... search. There is a writeup on how to do it on honda-tech.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92 View Post
        Exactly. H22 head on stock f22 block means about 8:1 compression. It'll be slow as shit without boost.

If you still want to do it... search. There is a writeup on how to do it on honda-tech.
        Its not that low...wherever you got ur info is wrong. This has been covered numerous times. Your new CR will be right around 8.5:1 assuming you dont mill the head. if you mill the head it will rise. to about 8.6:1 which is milling it .001. I think it will gain more HP, it wont be as fast as a H22. It will be better if you boost, but that only depends on how much mileage is on the actual block itself. Have fun...

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Ok! Let me jump on this. I just found out this weekend about this frank build and the G22 or G23. My thing is everyone knows that f22 motors are strong especially for boost close 2 15lb. If slap on a h22 head why do u have 2 go boost. If u want all motor is it worth getting the h23 head or h22. I would go jdm h22 maybe even type S if I get lucky 2 find one. Shouts to H23 accord,shadecustoms, graycar and one other guy I forgot who have done these hybrid builds please keep this thread going!! I need more info on this

Comment

i got a h22 head sittin on a a6 block right now... i havent bolted it down or done anything to it yet but i plan on going boost with it... i already have an h22 in my car and runing but i am already to the point of wantting more out of it. so where is this thread on honda-tech? i need to find as much info as i can get on doing a good frank turbo build... rods,piston,bore size suggestions. keep the f22 crank? i have a set of h22a4 rod main and thrust bearing would they work with a f22 crank? and if not could i use a h22 crank in the f22 block? whats best oil pumps to go with if your going turbo? and as for the head guess it would be the whole valve train upgraded turbo cams springs valves retainers. but i am mostly worried about gettin my info straight 1st with the block portion of it. i plan on boosting big so none of this 5/ 7 pound stuff.... id like to have atleast 10-15psi that would hold up on a DD.

i matches up the gasket between the head and the block and see there are no oil ports for the between the yclinder wall cam gears on cyclinder 1 so you have to close these off on the head and get a custom headgasket?

so i plan on boosting the shit out of this... get it in my car and then go threw the H in my car now... its smoking and think the scraper rings might be bad. i want to build it NA though and have heard the f22 blocks are stronger than the h22's and i got 2 f22 blocks sittin around. and got an extra h22 head so figure i might as well use what i got.
            Last edited by accord2nr81; 08-14-2008, 10:22 PM.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

the CR on the f22's are 8.9:1. the CR will go up and will b in the 9's. not mid 8's. im doin the h23/f22b2. its under construction rite now. im lookin to get about 9:1 CR. o yeah and boostin it

Comment

Comment

Holy fuck wrong info in this bitch..for starters f22a compression is 8:8:1..not 9:1..and dropping a h22a head will LOWER the compression not raise it..the cc of the combustion chamber on the h22a is 53.8cc unlike f22a and h23a dohc that's 50.5cc the raised cc drops the compression..

Seriously search people..

This has been covered like a book..front 2 back..

T3h wikked one

-Brought to you by
                  Tmobile sidekick-

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboy5 View Post
                    the CR on the f22's are 8.9:1. the CR will go up and will b in the 9's. not mid 8's. im doin the h23/f22b2. its under construction rite now. im lookin to get about 9:1 CR. o yeah and boostin it
                    NO.

The f22 compression is 8.8:1. Mating the f22 block with an h22 will increase the combustion chamber, which means the compression ratio will decrease.

The h22 head has a combustion chamber of 53.8cc's, while the f22 head has 50.5cc's.

It's simple math.

Anyways, compression won't go THAT much lower. Not enough for the normal person to be able to tell any difference.

If a g22 was to be mated to an H22 tranny, it would be pretty darn quick. I've ridden in an untuned g22 with an f22 trans and it's definitely a lot faster than any stock f22 I've ever driven/ridden(n/a)

It's not a completely useless idea of a frankenstein, but would be better accompanied with boost on the cheap.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Lol..I couldn't agree more haha

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

If you had more room in the cumbustion chamber couldn't you go with dome-top pistons to rais the ratio back up?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                          If you had more room in the cumbustion chamber couldn't you go with dome-top pistons to rais the ratio back up?
                          Yes. But if you're going to go through the trouble of replacing the pistons, you might as well just keep the h22 and go with mahle pistons, or do a full sleeve and forged pistons setup.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

thats the info i am trying to get.. i have tried searching but maybe i am not searching for the right thing... i dont know much about turbos and this will be the 1st frank motor i have done. but i am completely willing to learn what i gota do to make it happen. and what i have to work with is a f22a6 block and a h22a1 head. should i have the f22 bored and sleeved? can i just bore the block and put some oversized pistons in it? can i use some rods from something else? h23 rods maybe? or just stick with the f22 ones? my h22 head will probally have to be milled. maybe not... but thinking it might. i plan on spendding 1500 on internals and probally another 1200 on turbo parts. but honestly i am trying to get this accomplished. not in a big rush figure this motor build will take over a year. but day one of it started today. so i am set on completeing it. if you look at my members ride thread you will see i am pretty dedicated to a project once i start it. I am just trying to figure out the best setup to use. and i really hope there is some way i can use the main rod and thrust bearing for a h22a4 even if i gota use a h22a4 crank.... more info please and possibly even some more links and what i should expect to run into... any one have any info on the two number #1 ports that need to be sealed off on the head part... and i need to modify a headgasket for this?

i also understand i will need to spend some more money on ecu and tuning but lets get the motor together turbo on and in the car 1st
                            Last edited by accord2nr81; 08-15-2008, 12:32 AM.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                            Originally posted by deevergote.
                            But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

damn i feel dumb. i dont know y i thought it went up. thanks for the correction. but ya what he said. lol yo wikked, u havea thread ive been tryin to find ur car bro

Comment

Working...
                              X