Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20B PCB ECU Pinout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B PCB ECU Pinout?

Hey all. Does anyone have a pinout diagram for the F20B PCB ECU? The tard-bag I bought my engine from cut the harness. The wire locations look significantly different in location from a P28 or other typical USDM Honda ECU based on the pigtails I have left attached to the ECU.

Let me know if anyone has any info. Thanks!

What F20B is this. The Doch Vtec F20B OBD2 so it should be the same as all obd2 pin outs and that would be why the plugs are different.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

It's an OBD2 ECU, I know that because it has 3 rows of pins on each plug versus 2. I did a comparison with the wiring diagram/pinout from a 1997 Prelude and almost none of the wires match up with the pigtails I have in my chopped harness.

Here's what I was gonna do. I have an EK that the engine is in. I got the motor with the chopped harness and was pretty pissed...but, my car is OBD2 as well so I thought I should be able to use stock harness in my swap to replace the chopped one. I looked at both the D16Y8 pinout diagram and the H22 diagram and they are way different from the pigtails on the PCB ECU I got. That's when I got all confused. Just to give an idea of how different, the 4 injector wires that are normally on plug A are on plug B on this harness.

I pondered the idea that they could have just given me generic pigtails on the ECU but I thought that all OBD2 Honda harnesses were essentially the same. That's when I got thinking that maybe Honda did funky stuff with the F20B.

Me =

EDIT: It's a DOHC F20B from the Accord Euro-R

Comment

the f20b ecu wont work in your car. that cur has very wierd things such as electronic power steering, no Vtec pressure sensor, and no crank angle sensor on the oil pump. its out of the dizzy. Just reattach a H22 ecu pin, use a H22 engine harness and then run a chipped ecu.
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
          ... and then run a chipped ecu.
          Pardon my ignorance, but what would you do to chip the ECU? Is this to compensate for injector differences between the H22 and the F20B? What size injectors are even in an F20B?

Comment

ok yeah a chipped ecu allows for compensation on the different injectors as well as tuning the car. I have tried to run a chipped ecu in my F20B lude and i have no no luck, I think somethings wrong with my version of CHrome. anyways get on honda-tech and do some research on the F20B theres a lot to be learned, ALOT to be learned.

F20B injector sizing
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110913

Uberdata facts
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10335

Comment

Another question...why would you need to chip the ECU if the injectors are the same as the H22 like the guys in the link you supplied say?

Comment

My f20b went into my bb6. they have different injector sizing. The f20b sizing isnt 340cc even though people say it can flow that. last night i tried 340cc and it ran like ass, as soon as i rescaled my ecu map to 290 i was able to maintain a nice idle.

Comment

Working...
                X