H22A Auto Shift Lock Bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Auto Shift Lock Bypass

Question: I swapped my F22A6 for an H22A Auto with LSD. How do you bypass the auto shift lock? I tried this from the Swap FAQ Thread:

"To make the shift lock operate properly you will need to run a wire from the shifter position switch to the tranny controller. On the left side of the shifter there is a box with about 5/6 wires going into it. This is the shifter position switch. You need to tap into the GRN/WHT wire and run it back to pin A7 on the TCM. Plug A is the bigger of the 2 plugs."

I tried this and it didn't work.

Any thoughts on how to make this work? I've read that other members could not get this to work as well. Maybe the FAQ was written wrong. HELP!

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

didnt work for me either

as cheap as it sounds, i used a ziptie and its fine
    OHIO CB7'S #11
    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Comment

Nope
        Look on the bright side,just an extra security for ya

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

i just took the lock off mine.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

pm sent

Comment

One reason the shift lock might be engaging(if thats what's happening)is that your Transmission control module has failed or is not functioning properly. When it goes bad, it is made to lock the auto shifter. This is the problem I am dealing with right now on my car. My solution: grab a bunch of modules from the junkyard and one is bound to work.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                One reason the shift lock might be engaging(if thats what's happening)is that your Transmission control module has failed or is not functioning properly. When it goes bad, it is made to lock the auto shifter. This is the problem I am dealing with right now on my car. My solution: grab a bunch of modules from the junkyard and one is bound to work.
                this is referring to the common problem after auto h22 swaps which is most likely not a failure
                OHIO CB7'S #11
                SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

This happens on the OBD1?
                  Or is this OBD2?

Doesn't OBD1 just plug in?
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

mhm but the jumper wire in the FAQ doesnt seem to fix the issue at all
                    OHIO CB7'S #11
                    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
                      mhm but the jumper wire in the FAQ doesnt seem to fix the issue at all
                      yea it doesnt work, i tried it when i had my auto h22 swap, but i figured out how to make it work like it should.

Comment

Solved!

Courtesy of ProJect: (Nuff props for helping me out with this)

"On the tcu u have 2 grey plugs:
                        The big grey plug has a white/green wire, cut that off the plug.

The smaller grey plug has a green/white wire, cut that one off and put it together with the white/green from the other plug and it should work like normal."

Works like a charm. Thanks for the help! SOCAL 4 LIFE!
                        Last edited by R33cb7; 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

what do you mean by "cut the on off" on one of the wires? I'm trying to solve this issue right now and I'm a bit confused

And what pins do you specifically mean to cut and splice into?
                          Last edited by Losiracer2; 11-23-2008, 08:20 PM.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            what do you mean by "cut the on off" on one of the wires? I'm trying to solve this issue right now and I'm a bit confused

And what pins do you specifically mean to cut and splice into?

im not sure about the pin #'s but what this means is that the big grey plug has a white/green wire, cut it off the plug.

the smaller grey plug has a green/white wire, cut that one off the plug

then you put the white/green and green/white wire together, the side that is cut away from the plug, so your pretty much jumping them together.

Comment

Originally posted by ProJect View Post
                              im not sure about the pin #'s but what this means is that the big grey plug has a white/green wire, cut it off the plug.

the smaller grey plug has a green/white wire, cut that one off the plug

then you put the white/green and green/white wire together, the side that is cut away from the plug, so your pretty much jumping them together.
                              cool! it worked! thanks so much.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X