Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Guide on building G23's for beginners same thread as swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide on building G23's for beginners same thread as swaps

[F23 long block

The differences between H23 head And Dohc F22b this will help in your build. choose the right head gasket, if your using a H series head gasket use a H series head it will line up better with no special mods. The same goes for the Dohc f22b.

When using a h23 head gasket with a h23 head this is what the ports look like you can use a f22 head gasket but you will have to do some mods. Some add Honda bond or hi-temp sealant at the bottom left port where its circled you will have to choose the right one some use f23 head gaskets.If using f23head gasket the only problem with that is you got to make sure the rivets are not in the way of the sealing.Make sure if your using a h22 head take the squirter out the back on top of the block so that you will get more oil to the head so that vtec will kick in.

On the f23's the head gasket fits the block but when the H23 head is on the f23 block the rivets are in the way of proper sealing causing it to leak you can remove the rivets and you would be fine.

If you choose to put a f22 head gasket on use the 90-93 the rivets are out side of the sealing of the head.

90-93 head gasket on h23 all ports match if you to choose to use your old head gasket make sure you spray cooper gasket spray if re-using gasket.

You got to change the driver side engine bracket so that you can put it in your 4th gen.

Make sure your if your using the h22 head use all the h22 timing parts, the teeth are different between the h23 that goes the same for the h23 use all timing parts for that head there timing sprocket its smaller than the accord one.

And for the final thing the water tube use the water tube for a 90-93 accord if your using a h23 head or dohc f22b head. If your using a h22 head you can use a water tube you can cut the tube in half and used a hoes and clamp to make the h22 head work.

Once you done all of that you can use the head bolts for the f series to tq down the head use the tq sequence for the head which is 29ftlb,51ftlb,72ftlb you can tq down a little more for boost applications 31ftlb,52ftlb,74ftlb to make sure head dont lift or get head studs.

Setting the timing once all that done then your good to go.

This thread was modified due to information that was missing.

All Info has been corrected
    Last edited by mahtogje; 01-15-2009, 05:00 AM.
    IF IT AIN'T BOOSTED IT'S SLOW!

turbo G23 420hp 385tq mainstream tuning

Nice info. I had a guy asking me about this the other day. Ill be sure to tell him where to go
    90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
    01 S2000 Silverstone
    90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
    http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

just wondering what is the point of a g23 build i never understood that does it have lower compression, more torque or more power? ive heard of them alot just never understood them

Comment

Originally posted by 1991AccordSe View Post
        just wondering what is the point of a g23 build i never understood that does it have lower compression, more torque or more power? ive heard of them alot just never understood them
        The motors put out more tq than a h22 and also put out more power than a h22 or k24 if build right. a stock g23 can hold lots of boost. Ive'd pushed mine to 18opsi before i run 16psi at high and 5 psi on low. If you were to build for all motor the f23 make 250hp with a good tune you can see about 270hp its possible you just got to have a good person who can tune. you can also high rev the motor i recommend if your useing a stock h23 head dont go pass 7,500 rpm if you use a h22 head you can due 8,000 or 8,300 its safe the crank and rods hold up like a champ here is one of the members on here who has one on youtube its a g22 if im not mistaken. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu-5bsdsQU4

Comment

Originally posted by mahtogje View Post
          The motors put out more tq than a h22 and also put out more power than a h22 or k24 if build right. a stock g23 can hold lots of boost. Ive'd pushed mine to 18opsi before i run 16psi at high and 5 psi on low. If you were to build for all motor the f23 make 250hp with a good tune you can see about 270hp its possible you just got to have a good person who can tune. you can also high rev the motor i recommend if your useing a stock h23 head dont go pass 7,500 rpm if you use a h22 head you can due 8,000 or 8,300 its safe the crank and rods hold up like a champ here is one of the members on here who has one on youtube its a g22 if im not mistaken. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu-5bsdsQU4
          ummm.... all motor? no freakin way. the compression ratio is so low, you would be lucky to see 140-150whp. N/A, a H22 blows the doors off a G23 all day long. Even boosted, the H22 will make more power on a lower boost, due to the higher compression ratio. the low compression of the G23 is more forgiving as far as tuning for knock, where with a H22, the timing map has to be spot on for it to survive. with a good tune, a H22 can make 300whp + and stay together.

8300 rpm on a stock F block???? are you F'ing nuts??? 1st, yes, you can do it. BUT your shit wont last long. the F22 rod bolts cant take that kind of abuse, nor would i trust the stock rods for long... AND if the rods/bolts dont break, the bearings wont last for shit.
          thats reason 1 that the H22 head on a F22 block is kinda pointless stock, the bottom end cant take the rpm the vtec head works well in.

yeah, i rev the shit out of my motor, and flail it off rev limit all the time. My engine is also FULLY BUILT. its made to take the abuse. a stock motor would have blown up a long time ago if it got ran like this one does.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
            ummm.... all motor? no freakin way. the compression ratio is so low, you would be lucky to see 140-150whp. N/A, a H22 blows the doors off a G23 all day long. Even boosted, the H22 will make more power on a lower boost, due to the higher compression ratio. the low compression of the G23 is more forgiving as far as tuning for knock, where with a H22, the timing map has to be spot on for it to survive. with a good tune, a H22 can make 300whp + and stay together.

8300 rpm on a stock F block???? are you F'ing nuts??? 1st, yes, you can do it. BUT your shit wont last long. the F22 rod bolts cant take that kind of abuse, nor would i trust the stock rods for long... AND if the rods/bolts dont break, the bearings wont last for shit.
            thats reason 1 that the H22 head on a F22 block is kinda pointless stock, the bottom end cant take the rpm the vtec head works well in.

yeah, i rev the shit out of my motor, and flail it off rev limit all the time. My engine is also FULLY BUILT. its made to take the abuse. a stock motor would have blown up a long time ago if it got ran like this one does.

I love the faith in the h22's but look at this. what is a h22 bottom end what keeps that motor lasting longer than any other 2.2 liter nothing basicly all the metal made from honda is the same except type R's there the only ones that come with forged rods not even type S come with forged rods. so when you rev a motor it really depends on the oil your useing and how offten you change the oil i had no problems with my motor when i bought the motor from the engine shop it only had 64,000 miles on it. On a 2.3 liter your not suppose to take it past about 7,800 rpm but ive tooking it past that point a few times. the only thing i got to watch out for is the oil pump not taking the revs but that about to change real soon i got another build im doing and im trying to make over 600hp with this G23 non vtec. Im going to take all the spec from my frist ever build done on my h23 with was bored and stroked to a 2.7 liter.

the reason why the g23's and the h23 vtec's are powerful is because of the liters the bigger the displacment the more room for power. the tq alone will dust a h22 i will have a youtube video ready soon as i get another tune i just up graded a few things so i can make more power with lower psi on a stock block.

yeah we dont have a knock sensor so we dont have to worrie about the ecu going into limp mode plus the ecu's are chiped out to do what you want it too you dont need that sensor everything is done useing the wideband O2 sensor. the reason the motor has not blown is because of the tune is good and also the motor is basicly a k series replica and a k series can hold alot of boost bone stock as a everyday driver you can run 18psi on a k24 all day over a hundred times and it will be fine.

By the way i seen you setup and youtube i was very impressed on the results. you have a g22t with vtec built and i have a G23t non vtec. I the reason my motor is doing so well is because i have a stage 5 head on the stock block and the boost im pushing makes instant power at a pretty good psi. also with a big turbo helps.
            Last edited by mahtogje; 01-10-2009, 06:04 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LoDollar92LX;1861011]ummm.... all motor? no freakin way. the compression ratio is so low, you would be lucky to see 140-150whp. N/A, a H22 blows the doors off a G23 all day long. Even boosted, the H22 will make more power on a lower boost, due to the higher compression ratio. the low compression of the G23 is more forgiving as far as tuning for knock, where with a H22, the timing map has to be spot on for it to survive. with a good tune, a H22 can make 300whp + and stay together.

yes i see that you got the two heads together thats great but look at when you put the head gasket on the head how block off the oil holes. you didnt show that i see when. and the pics with the timing belt one picture is not a h23 and one is the single cam one cause if i show you the cam gear off my motor it looks like your so called h22 cam gear in that picture. i will take a picture of a real h23 cam gear and post it. you fooled the dick riders but not me. In the picture you got a little cam gear and a big cam gear your not fooling any body.

like i said when you use a h series head gasket the holes get block automaticly and you dont have to plug anything look at a the h22 head gasket look where the two oil holes will go. if you look they are both block by the head gasket.

now school is out of session

Comment

you really think that thin head gasket can take 8,000 + rpms??sence oil holes arrn't pluged.
                isn't hot ass oil gonna pop that head gasket in no time
                ?? don't u think??
                if u keep taking it that high in rpm daily
                this is just a prediction on what will happen your stock block......

[IMG][/IMG]
                Last edited by smokeeey420; 01-13-2009, 12:14 PM.
                FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

I can see this getting ugly again.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                    I can see this getting ugly again.
                    really i was just asking.... not bashing or anything. just woundering if it could take it??

also lodollar, carlos ,jonas ,etc... are really trying to help this guy and clear up misinformation, but some people gotta learn on there own i guess.
                    FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                    My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Wow....once again...just wow

Edit: just read..as far as the metals between all "2.2"s being the same..your wrong chief..

The metal itself is the same..but the stroke sure as fuck isn't

H22a=87mm bore x 90.7mm stroke

F22a=85mm bore x 95mm stroke

The stroke kills revability..there's a reason honda puts the stock rev limiters were they do..and hell even then..people still manage to spin rod bearings..

I HAVE PERSONALLY taken a f22a block(220k miles) with h23a head..to 7800..it was stupid and I was young..I just loved how it sang and surprisingly had decent power with the 282s..anyhow..what happend? Spun rod bearing..and the wear on the other 3 were showing discoloration and scarring as well..so it was a ticking time bomb..

Stop giving wrong advice..
                      Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 01-13-2009, 01:10 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

this is such a ghetto build.... A head gasket to block off it off. Come on Now!

Comment

haha sig is classic lol. love it.

in all 9 of his threads, (dont know how many he has really, but i know its quite a few), he has been giving out misinformation. all his logic is totally off...calling a jdm f20a is a f20 with h22 head. i have a jdm f20a, and it certainly doesnt have an h22 head, ghetto fabbed together. everything he states is usually wrong, for instance, cam gears the same in h22 and h23, or timing gears the same? cmon, we all know its not. ive built 2 hybrids with the help of carlos, both f22/h23, and everything worked great. i feel i have a decent amount of knowledge in this subject, and after reading his posts, i hope no one takes them seriously and start building hybrids his way. you want hybrid info, carlos (wikked), and mikey (lodollar) are prob top 2 people to talk to.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by smokeeey420 View Post
                            really i was just asking.... not bashing or anything. just woundering if it could take it??

also lodollar, carlos ,jonas ,etc... are really trying to help this guy and clear up misinformation, but some people gotta learn on there own i guess.
                            Your post wasn't what I meant by that. The last thread just turned into a name calling cluster of crap. I just hope this one can remain civil.

mahtogje- I am aware that this isn't English class and we are not in school, but could you try and type a little clearer when explaining things? It will make it a lot easier to understand your points and where you are going/coming from when defending yourself.

Not trying to be a dick but it is easier to follow a point when it's clearly stated.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
                              this is such a ghetto build.... A head gasket to block off it off. Come on Now!
                              thats how honda did on there dohc f22b vtec thats how i do and so on some dont do it that way thats fine. i wont risk oil not flowing proper in a area of the engine that requires it. sorry thats not how i do thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X