Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H23A Vtec issues! Need help before tomorrow!! H22A4 swappers please help also!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23A Vtec issues! Need help before tomorrow!! H22A4 swappers please help also!

Ok so I was planning on hiding my swap until completed just to surprise everyone but I have so many weird issues that I have to ask for help. The engine is OBD2 built in May of 1999 and I will be running P13 ECU for now....

1. I have this little 3 pin connector on what looks like the IACV for the new engine but my old iacv only uses 2 wires. the wire colors match except i have one black wire left doing nothing. What should I do here?

2. The worst issue so far is the engine mount on the front (timing belt) side of the engine doesnt fit. and i tried the bracket from the F22 and it only fits with some major modding...

F22 Bracket modified to fit

H23A Vtec bracket with F22A mount

I dont have that stock mount as it didnt come with the H23A. what do i do here guys???!!!!

3. There is no oil pressure sensor for the Vtec selenoid. Can I just jump the wire on the ecu for oil pressure to the wire for Vtec oil pressure so it gets signal? What pin on the ecu is the oil pressure sensor located at?

4. I did not install the balance belt for the purpose of gaining a few ponies... that and the fact I cant get my hands on a balance belt tensioner to save my life. (hard to find here in canada without delays.) This engine block and head are cast P13... thus should be the same as H22A and I can run no balance belt like everyone else on these forums right??

5. Anyone know what the heck a P11 power steering pump is from? It looks like i wont have to change the power steering line with this pump but I will find out once i can mount the engine tomorrow... I hope...

6. The only injectors I have access to are F22 injectors. I know this will run like S**T and I know they are way under the proper cc's but I just need to get it home. Should I just switch to DSM injectors? (way cheaper than H22A injectors and I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.)

^Click Me!^

well with the p13 u wont be able to have vtec w/o the pressure switch
    also that motor only came with electric powersteering so u might have gotten an electric assist powersteering

as for the bracket that looks weird i hope i dont have that problem
    also balance shaft belt u can get rid of it
    but if u plan on running 450 get a chipped ecu
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I have heard a couple guys maybe on the prelude forums that have just spliced the main oil pressure sensor wire at the ecu into the vtec pressure sensor wire. if there is anyone else that has done this please let me know as i will be trying this tomorrow. I wont be able to test until i get proper injectors though...
      This mount thing is really bothering me... please let me know if there is any other solution...

^Click Me!^

Comment

Please someone help me out. Does the 97-01 prelude vtec mount fit this bracket and our cars? I need help!

^Click Me!^

Comment

i did a f20b vtec swap and on the timing belt side i used a 1994-1997 accord motor mount. I had to cut the piece the screw goes in a little, but everything else lined up. i got my mount at the wrecking yard. So i hope this helps you.
          My Ride Thread
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129235
          MY RACE FOOTAGE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139424
          The Good ol days

Comment

You used the bracket from a 94-97 or the actual mount?

^Click Me!^

Comment

i know for a 5th gen. accord if you want to swap an H series motor you need to use a 92-96 prelude mount for the driver side... whether or not that applies to your car i do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
                You used the bracket from a 94-97 or the actual mount?
                I used the whole mount everything works and its better to have two bolts than one
                My Ride Thread
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129235
                MY RACE FOOTAGE
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139424
                The Good ol days

Comment

So I went with the F22 bracket and mount and just loc-tite'd them in there so they shouldnt come out or have issues i just hope its not too much torque for those bolts without that much bracket to hold to...

NEW PROBLEM...
                  I am running P13 ecu and it reqires a 2 wire IACV. I rewired the 3 wire IACV to my 2 wire plug on my harness and it seems to be working but it idles really really screwed up so far... (bouncing between 800-1200 rpm) I will find out tomorrow when I take it the exhaust shop to get the O2 bung welded on so i actually have an O2 sensor if this is the source of my idle issues...
                  everywhere i look people say this rewire wont work but the colors even matched up from the 3 wire iacv... I was just left with one black wire and i just grounded that wire...

Has anyone swapped an F20B vtec or H23A vtec before and run into this IACV issue? I hear this only happenes with OBD 2 engines that came from automatics...

If anyone can shed ANY light here I would be thrilled... though it may seem i am on my own here due to the rarity of the H23A vtec.... I really hope someone can help!

^Click Me!^

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
                    So I went with the F22 bracket and mount and just loc-tite'd them in there so they shouldnt come out or have issues i just hope its not too much torque for those bolts without that much bracket to hold to...

NEW PROBLEM...
                    I am running P13 ecu and it reqires a 2 wire IACV. I rewired the 3 wire IACV to my 2 wire plug on my harness and it seems to be working but it idles really really screwed up so far... (bouncing between 800-1200 rpm) I will find out tomorrow when I take it the exhaust shop to get the O2 bung welded on so i actually have an O2 sensor if this is the source of my idle issues...
                    everywhere i look people say this rewire wont work but the colors even matched up from the 3 wire iacv... I was just left with one black wire and i just grounded that wire...

Has anyone swapped an F20B vtec or H23A vtec before and run into this IACV issue? I hear this only happenes with OBD 2 engines that came from automatics...

If anyone can shed ANY light here I would be thrilled... though it may seem i am on my own here due to the rarity of the H23A vtec.... I really hope someone can help!
                    Im not familiar with obd2, but my obd1 p13 run H22 is REAL picky about idle. My coolant level was ever so slightly low and there was a tiny bit of air in the system and the idle bounced like youre describing. Top off your coolant, bleed the shit out of it and make sure your idle screw is in the right place. Sometimes when its cold enough, the idle still dances around. As for the wiring, unless Im blind, which tends to happen, you havent mentioned whether youre going obd1 or obd2. There are wiring diagrams for both floating around this section (CHECK THE STICKIES) that should provide more than enough information for you.

See bitches? Im plenty helpful
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

It's ALIVE!!! Running F22 injectors and F22A6 upper plenum and throttle body for now until I can source H22A upper plenum and H22A OBD1 injectors.
                      i will post the details on H23A vtec swap so everyone can know the pains I had that noones run into with H22A swaps. There are some very moajor differences such as the drivers side mount bracket... but i will let everyone know how she feels after clutch break in!

^Click Me!^

Comment

Please do! I'm considering this motor.

Comment

i used my 92/93 Post mount (Driver Mount) Bolted in Fine i didn't Have to cut or Modify it at all

TEAM MOST HATED

Comment

Working...
                          X