Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay hub/quick release to personal wheel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay hub/quick release to personal wheel.

So,i've been looking into doing this for awhile...and finally have the funds.But have a few questions.

1.Has anyone or is anyone used the ebay quick release hub?If so what kind of problems did you run into?

2.The ebay hub is 12 hole universal,and i'm probobly just going to throw the tiny ebay wheel away.But the personal wheel is 6 bolt,so it should bolt up correct?

3.If anyone has installed a quick release hub.Please help me with instructions.

Hub/quick release-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...Q5fAccessories

Wheel-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nardi...1%7C240%3A1318

spoonsportsaddict

I had 1, I don't like it, it was fragile, the lockin setup wasn't the best, wasn't 2 sturdy, I felt as if I made I sharp turn the wheel will come off.

The 6hole wheel will fit the universal hub no prob.

Def here, u gotta pay 2 play rite, I rather pay for something name brand, something rugged and sturdy. U wanna feel safe, with the ebay quick release I didn't feel safe...

Then again the hole thing of a wheel comin off is a lil scary all together with 1 of them wuick releases.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Thanks.

Wilson,i know you did this on a 9091..please input.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

I had it on my coupe before:

The only thing I don't like is with the adapter and the release hub the steering wheel is up so close...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

the qr should work if it's anything like the nrg which accepts both persona/nardi and momo/sparco type wheels.

personal and nardi use different bolt patterns w/ bolts starting at 10 and 2 instead of at 12 oclock like mom/sparco.

I wouldnt recomment ebay hubs/qr as they are just cheap replicas of the nrg version, quality may be poorer, but if you must.

I've had a ebay hub because I thought i was buying a HKB one. One advice would be to ditch the screws they give you and go out to buy new ones because those screws strip easily.

Installing the wheel will be a peace of cake since you're a 90-91 ex w/ no airbag, just pop off the H on the wheel and unbolt it. May have to disconnect cruise control switch. Just make sure the car is straight to begin with. Wiring the horn is going to be like this

http://importnut.net/civicsteeringswap.htm
          IF you have a CB w/ no cruise control like a DX, you can skip this step because we already have a copper strip that will rub the back of the hub to provide power to horn. Just bend it to ensure full contact.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            the qr should work if it's anything like the nrg which accepts both persona/nardi and momo/sparco type wheels.

personal and nardi use different bolt patterns w/ bolts starting at 10 and 2 instead of at 12 oclock like mom/sparco.

I wouldnt recomment ebay hubs/qr as they are just cheap replicas of the nrg version, quality may be poorer, but if you must.

I've had a ebay hub because I thought i was buying a HKB one. One advice would be to ditch the screws they give you and go out to buy new ones because those screws strip easily.

Installing the wheel will be a peace of cake since you're a 90-91 ex w/ no airbag, just pop off the H on the wheel and unbolt it. May have to disconnect cruise control switch. Just make sure the car is straight to begin with. Wiring the horn is going to be like this

http://importnut.net/civicsteeringswap.htm
            IF you have a CB w/ no cruise control like a DX, you can skip this step because we already have a copper strip that will rub the back of the hub to provide power to horn. Just bend it to ensure full contact.

Thanks wilson.I have en ex,can't i just completely get rid of my cruise control?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

again... I must be getting too old... I like cruise control thats one reason I bought the car that I did instead of the 10100100101 other ones I looked at

Comment

cruise control is nice if you commute a lot, I hardly drive out for more than 30 mins and even then I'm never in one lane too long :]

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                Thanks wilson.I have en ex,can't i just completely get rid of my cruise control?
                I guess if you just tuck the wires in your steering column. You just have to find your horn wire like in that link with the civic and rig up a copper strip so you have a functioning horn.

Comment

Working...
                X