CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
fonzee_92
CB7tuner Member

fonzee_92 is cool... so far.
Clutch wont engage...Slave cylinder distance or mster cylinder pressure ?

How would i know if my master cylinder is not building enough pressure for clutch to engage ? Do i check the distance of the salve cylinder movement....... or what can i do to do a check to see if master cylinder is good ? any test ? 1993 honda accord ?
fonzee_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
H22Artman
Contributing Member

H22Artman is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzee_92 View Post
How would i know if my master cylinder is not building enough pressure for clutch to engage ? Do i check the distance of the salve cylinder movement....... or what can i do to do a check to see if master cylinder is good ? any test ? 1993 honda accord ?
if your pedal works like it should all you can really do is check for leaks in the system. if air was in there your pedal would most likely fall to the floor.

i had the spring that held the fork to the throwout bearing break on me in an integra. kept it from disengaging.
might be worth a look.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112
H22Artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
johndenver120
CB7tuner Member

johndenver120 is cool... so far.
might i recommend tryin the slave first! its easier to get to by far and if it doesn't fix your problem then return it!!!
johndenver120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
H22Artman
Contributing Member

H22Artman is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndenver120 View Post
might i recommend tryin the slave first! its easier to get to by far and if it doesn't fix your problem then return it!!!
so youre gonna return a slave cyl full of fluid and say that you didnt need it?

if you tried that shit at my store you would be laughed out of the place in shame for being foolish enough to think that you would actually get your money back.

but hey, thats just me being a parts guy.
a real parts guy, not a kragen or autozone EMPLOYEE.

it baffles me that stores still let this kind of thing happen.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112
H22Artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:55 AM   #5
bcjammerx
CB7tuner Member

bcjammerx seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to bcjammerx Send a message via Yahoo to bcjammerx
usually if the master is out but the slave is good then you will push the pedal in and it will slowly release, then you will have to pump the pedal to get it to work.

if the slave is bad, the pedal just...SOOONK...to the floor and stays there.

If the slaves boot is wet replace/rebuild it...$25/$13...your choice.

If you see fluid under the master (look on the inside of the car RIGHT where the pedal pushes the masters cylinder) if there is fluid/debri, replace/rebuild it as well. $55/$28...again your choice.

I rebuilt my slave and need to rebuild my master. It's an old car...most likely need both. Don't return the slave if you do buy one...just keep it on.

BENCH BLEED THE MASTER!!! Or you will be bleeding that bitch on the car for EVER!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
Shay91Racer
Contributing Member

Shay91Racer is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Shay91Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjammerx View Post
usually if the master is out but the slave is good then you will push the pedal in and it will slowly release, then you will have to pump the pedal to get it to work.

if the slave is bad, the pedal just...SOOONK...to the floor and stays there.

If the slaves boot is wet replace/rebuild it...$25/$13...your choice.

If you see fluid under the master (look on the inside of the car RIGHT where the pedal pushes the masters cylinder) if there is fluid/debri, replace/rebuild it as well. $55/$28...again your choice.

I rebuilt my slave and need to rebuild my master. It's an old car...most likely need both. Don't return the slave if you do buy one...just keep it on.

BENCH BLEED THE MASTER!!! Or you will be bleeding that bitch on the car for EVER!
so doing what you said, I replaced my slave just now... but my pedal stays to the floor. Before it use to stay down but not completely to the floor and in a few come back up. So what should i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB
Shay91Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
plee3
CB7tuner Member

plee3 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay91Racer View Post
so doing what you said, I replaced my slave just now... but my pedal stays to the floor. Before it use to stay down but not completely to the floor and in a few come back up. So what should i do?
Did you build pressure when you replaced your slave cylinder?? You have to pump the clutch to build pressure, just like when you bleed you brakes. You need 2 people to do this. 1 person vigously pumping the clutch with his hands at least 10 times then hold it to the floor. Then person 2 turning the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder when person 1 is holding it to the floor. After air is released when bleeder screw turned, tighten bleeder screw and person 1 can release clutch and repeat process. This took me a while. But eventually, pressure should build and the clutch should rise from the floor.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
pkgotnos69
Newcomer

pkgotnos69 is cool... so far.
1991 honda accord clutch slave cylinder location on car???????

Hello i just replaced my master clutch cylinder and still nothing but straight to the damn floor so i just purchased a new clutch slave cylinder but know one seems to know where this part is located on my damn car including myself ans iam just looking for some help asap please if anyone on here knows where i can find this parts location please send me a message i would be very appreciative.
pkgotnos69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #9
batever
CB7tuner Member

batever is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgotnos69 View Post
Hello i just replaced my master clutch cylinder and still nothing but straight to the damn floor so i just purchased a new clutch slave cylinder but know one seems to know where this part is located on my damn car including myself ans iam just looking for some help asap please if anyone on here knows where i can find this parts location please send me a message i would be very appreciative.
Stand in front of your bumper with the hood up. Now look at the front of your engine, just to the left of the exhaust manifold and between the radiator fan and the engine, at about the height of your mid to upper shin. There is a small metal cylinder attached there with a hydraulic line running into it from on top of it. The cylinder has a rubber boot on the left end of it, and a shiny metal rod sticking out of the rubber boot.

That is your clutch slave cylinder. The rod is the slave cylinder pushrod. The fork it presses on is called the clutch release fork.

Last edited by batever; 03-28-2010 at 02:12 AM.
batever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #10
batever
CB7tuner Member

batever is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
Did you build pressure when you replaced your slave cylinder?? You have to pump the clutch to build pressure, just like when you bleed you brakes. You need 2 people to do this. 1 person vigously pumping the clutch with his hands at least 10 times then hold it to the floor. Then person 2 turning the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder when person 1 is holding it to the floor. After air is released when bleeder screw turned, tighten bleeder screw and person 1 can release clutch and repeat process. This took me a while. But eventually, pressure should build and the clutch should rise from the floor.
You can do this with one person if you pump the clutch pedal with a length of 2x4 and then hold it in place with a length of 2x4 against the driver's seat (adjust the seat in its track so it's at the right distance from the clutch pedal. A 2 foot length of 2x4 works well-one about as long as the section of your leg from the knee to the ball of your foot) Which is how I do all of my clutch and brake bleeding because I never seem to have anyone around when I'm doing it.
batever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
CB7**33
Newcomer

CB7**33 is cool... so far.
i had the spring that held the fork to the throwout bearing break on me in an integra. kept it from disengaging.
might be worth a look.[/quote]

i think this happened to my car how can i replace do i have take down the tranny for this?
CB7**33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:35 AM   #12
turbo90accord
Super Moderator

turbo90accord is cool... so far.
buy a one man bleeder kit, they are only like 10 bucks. makes it so much easier to bleed brakes or clutch.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
member ride thread
11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "
turbo90accord is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: