Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fully Built All Motor F22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully Built All Motor F22a1

How is it going guys and girls...well i just finished my all motor build and thought i would share it with you.

Engine (Bottom End)

-F22a1 Block
    -F22a1 knifed and balanced crank
    -KMS high flow oil pump
    -KMS high flow water pump
    -Kazinspeed balance shaft eliminator kit
    -Bisimoto 10.5-1 forged pistons
    -Bisimoto H beam forged rods
    -ARP head studs
    -ARP main studs
    -ARP rod bolts

Engine (Top End)

-F22a1 Head
    -Bisimoto stage 2 cam
    -KMS 1mm OS SS valves
    -KMS racing valve springs
    -KMS titanium retainers
    -KMS titanium valve perches
    -KMS bronze valve guides

Eninge (bolt ons)

-F22a1 manual trans
    -AEM EMS ecu
    -H23a1 custom ported intake manifold and TB
    -DSM 450cc injectors
    -Fidanza 8lb light weight flywheel
    -ACT stage 3 6 puck unsprung ceramic clutch
    -OBX 2lb aluminum underdrive pulley
    -OBX short shifter
    -DC sports 4-2-1 header
    -Custom 2 3/4" exaust
    -Apexi N1 Muffler

Engine (Other Mods)

-A/C delete
    -P/S delete
    -Cruise control delete
    -EGR delete
    -Charcoal canister delete
    -TB coolant bypass

This was all tuned by The Shop Inc in lincoln NE. My first session was on 87 octane gas that was in there from the previous engine. All pulls were done on a mustang dyno.

Results:

182whp (about 248hp to crank)
    174wtq (about 224tq to crank)

It is currently back at the dyno with 93 octane gas, and then will be tuned on 113 octane gas.

I will keep you all posted.

Future Mods:

-Bisimoto stage 3 cam
    -Bisimoto equal length header
    -Bisimoto individual throttle bodies
    -Nos 150hp shot

Pictures will be updated regularly.

Thanks for taking the time to read, if you have any questions let me know!

Here are some pics (more to come)

Comment

Sweet sweet sweet build, FINALLY a high compression build with the stg 2 cam

Ur crank #'s seem super optimistic, usually FWD manual trannys have a 15% loss which yields a more realistic 214 crank HP

Personally I think u have more left in it with the Stg 2 cam. How high are u revving?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

that was my dyno guys estimate for crank power so u could be right. ya it is capable of more like i said that was on 87 octane it is there now being tuned on 93. he said to expect close to 200whp or a little over. it is so responsive, you touch the gas and it just ripps the tires loose all the way to 9500rpm. 1 and second are the only gears that beniefit from those revs after that i shift at 7200. its an awesome build runs awesome.

Comment

Did you have any porting done to the head? If not, open up those exhaust ports, man!

Nice build, though. I'm glad to see someone who's going all out. We don't have many people on here that do that, and we need more!

Is this a daily driver, still? I know it's entirely possible to get 250+whp from an NA F22A with a serious build. You could get a lot more out of that motor!

I would trade that OBX pulley for an Unorthodox Racing pulley... OBX has gotten better, but UR is still the safest, IMO. As for the short shifter... I've only had short shifters screw up my transmissions... I put mine back to stock!

Comment

yep its my dd, and i know these things are capable of crazy power this is just a solid base to work from. and it has a mild polish but has not been ported yet im waiting till i get the bisi header to port match it. my h23 IM is ported and polished and portmatched to the head so it flows awesome.

thanks for great coments

Comment

Better header + 3" exhaust... doesn't sound like much but ur losing 14% of the exhaust cross section. Ppl with stockish H22s made nice power w/a 3" exhaust.

Anyways the build is awesome man I am just Monday night quarterbacking. Can't wait to see what you get with the 93 tune.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

wow man i applaud you!

That is pretty much my dream build. i'd love to see videos!!
                90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

man i really apprieciate it, it took alot of work. im planning on running full 3 inch im waiting on money for the bisimoto header. the dc sports is not doing it justice.

Comment

Its an inspiration for me. Im going to be working on my engine soon.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                    '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                    '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

With the right port job, you would see mid 190whp on the same octane. I'd opt for some head work before I'd get the bisi header if I were you.

But nice numbers nonetheless. I'm doing a similar build right now, but on 11:1 compression.

I'd like to see the dyno sheet. Those torque numbers make my giggle like a school girl. Also would like to know what "custom ported H23 IM" means. How high do you rev it on the street?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

daily driving i dont rev past 8200 but if im in a race and losing by a small margine then i turn it up to 9500 and it make a little difference caring by first gears that long. the h23 intake manifold i milled all the insides out so its just one big cavity instead of the 8 seperate holes. it really helped the top end. it was also extrude honed. ya i want to get some head work done but i just got the car finished and need it for my dd right now. I also have a 87 grand national that im building and when that is done then ill tear back into the honda.

thanks for the tips

Comment

Post The Grand National!! Screw The F22.

Actually...was this an off the shelf lvl2, or is it custom spec'd for your setup?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Nice...very nice....inspiring me to pull out the F22 and build it up.

WOW!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                            ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

im working on getting a couple of videos on here tonight so check back in like an hour. I did the build just for us honda guys who are tired of being put down by the almight v8......lol......they are so in efficient compared to our motors.

thanks for looking all

Comment

Working...
                              X