ROH alternative in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROH alternative in progress

I am currently working on an ROH alternative with 93 prelude hubs...I will let you know how it goes...
    pictures are updated

Last edited by Gtseviper; 08-12-2009, 02:18 AM.
    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

keep us posted ^_^
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I will
      tsx retrofit
      f22b dohc boosted
      custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

cant

now show me you will

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I tryed using the 93-96 lude hubs. but they were too wide for the CB7 bearings

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            first gen acura 2.2cl will work and are easier to find

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
              first gen acura 2.2cl will work and are easier to find
              Nope.

2.2CL's are HOR.

You need 98+ 2.3CL hubs. Guaranteed to work.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                Nope.

2.2CL's are HOR.

You need 98+ 2.3CL hubs. Guaranteed to work.
                well thats defeats the purpose of this thread then...its supposed to be an alternative way lol.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                  well thats defeats the purpose of this thread then...its supposed to be an alternative way lol.

Mind you at least the OP is trying something different . . . possibly an alternative "cheaper" option . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                    Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                    -1 for the OP.

Dont give up then...

Comment

"I tryed using the 93-96 lude hubs. but they were too wide for the CB7 bearings"
                      You didn't try hard enough...I already know they are to wide..that is why the machine shop is working on them for me...ayyayay...alternative on the way

The tolerance between the hub and the cb7 isn't that much..it wouldn't be that much to remove some of the outer diameter from the hub professionally by a machine shop (if your a machinist and have the tools, even better)

cb7 bearing 1.68in (give or take) inner, prelude hub 1.76 (give or take) outer

Not giving up...I'm still trucking...I should have an answer this week...most likely it will work..because I"m using a cb7 hub (for our cars) and a prelude hub (providen to work on axle and 4x 114.3 wheels)
                      tsx retrofit
                      f22b dohc boosted
                      custom gauges pods

Comment

so youre trying to combine the cb and the bb hubs?
                        hows that?
                        and by taking it to a shop to make it fit will cost $ right? so how is it gonna be a cheaper alternative?
                        The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                        James 4:7
                        Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

If you read the intial post you will realize it said nothing about a cheaper alternative...everything in this world cost money...like it or not..."ROH alternative in progress"...PLEASE READ...I am just looking for another way to do it without buying extremely expensive cl hubs or hard to find...If you do find a set, it is usually with a junkyard that pulls/sells it themself...they charge out the wahoo...these prelude hubs are easier to find in junkyards that let you pull it yourself...I just saw one in cash and carry yesterday...all I'm doing is providing information in hopes of helping all those you need help with another way of doing the conversion

93 prelude hubs and cb/cl bearings..as post already
                          Last edited by Gtseviper; 08-07-2009, 04:31 PM.
                          tsx retrofit
                          f22b dohc boosted
                          custom gauges pods

Comment

I went all out and did the complete bb4 vtec front setup. Includes bb4 front sway bar, radius rod, lca, and knuckle. The only thing i kept off the cb was the upper arm. Did some grinding just to make it fit snug tight on lca's and radius rods. After that drove from socal to norcal. I can say it handles alot better and brakes well too. Almost for got to mention i couldnt wear my stock cb ex wheels so i took the prelude saw blades. LOL.
                            Anyways good luck with finding a ROH cheap alternative.
                            Hybridnation

Comment

well d-day is here guys...I am working on updating photos of the setup
                              The bearings are pressed into the machined hubs..All I have to do now is install
                              tsx retrofit
                              f22b dohc boosted
                              custom gauges pods

Comment

Working...
                              X