Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Polishing glass headlights????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polishing glass headlights????

I am in the process of restoring my CB7 and I'm wondering how to polish the headlights. I searched but came up for nothing on polishing glass, just plastic. They are pitted and really hazy from 18 years of use and no matter what I do, they just keep getting worse. i'm a pro at doing plastic but the glass is killing me... Any tips on what will work?
    HondAccordMan-1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Click for MRT thread

Honestly, I bought some from an ebay vendor brand new. They came with new corner lights, and even the bulbs as well. They even offer black housed oem style headlights brand new to spare the whole blackhousing process now. I had issues cleaning my old glass headlights up, so i broke down and got some. There also pretty reasonable too- especially considering the cost of new oem replacements.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

That's what I figured I would have to do. The only problem is that I don't want to spend too much on this car. That's why I'm doing all the work myself. I'll look into it but I may just end up junkyard diving for some pretty good headlights.

Click for MRT thread

Comment

I'll look into it but I may just end up junkyard diving for some pretty good headlights

Thats another way too, you might not get brand new headlights there, but you may find some that are in decent shape, and get a deal too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

Originally posted by richie92ex View Post
          I'll look into it but I may just end up junkyard diving for some pretty good headlights

Thats another way too, you might not get brand new headlights there, but you may find some that are in decent shape, and get a deal too.
          Yeah, I'll hit a junkyard tomorrow and see what I can find. I bet I'll find something good. We'll see.

Click for MRT thread

Comment

daaam glass headlights getting foggy and hazed thats a first

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS05VVTi View Post
              daaam glass headlights getting foggy and hazed thats a first
              Well maybe I'm just a perfectionist but they are pitted and ugly as they are now.

Click for MRT thread

Comment

what methods have you tried on the glass? later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                  what methods have you tried on the glass? later.
                  I tried wetsanding with very fine sandpaper, i tried a buffer, i tried hand polishing with various chemicals. All seem to be making it worse... I'll probably just have to get a new headlight...

Click for MRT thread

Comment

try a telescope mirror grinding compound.
                    just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bent View Post
                      try a telescope mirror grinding compound.
                      just a suggestion.
                      even after a google search

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

http://www.telescopemaking.org/polishing.html

http://www.piscescs.com/astro/mgrind/grind.html

http://gotgrit.com/index.php/cPath/14_9

for starters

the end stage polish would prolly be better than the initial silicon dioxide grinding grit.
                        Last edited by Bent; 08-05-2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

i have seen on youtube alot of headlight Restoration vids and most of them are using compound and a buffer i tried with some low lvl compound and it looks better ...
                          92 CB7 EX-R

Comment

Originally posted by MWeezy View Post
                            i have seen on youtube alot of headlight Restoration vids and most of them are using compound and a buffer i tried with some low lvl compound and it looks better ...
                            you can try to polish it from the inside aswell, and as inside i mean opening up the head light and polishing both sides.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                            some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Working...
                            X