Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lantis: 2008 Mustang

My new daily driver.

These are pics of the car earlier today with the new headlight covers and a new 8" antenna to replace the 30" (approx) one that came from factory. It rained yesterday so the car is really dirty atm. but it's white with silver metallic stripes. It's an 08 and had 25K on the clock when I got it.

I got a new DD so that's why the accord went away.
    The accord wasn't needed so I pulled off as many parts as possible over the past few months and put it 99% back to stock before selling it.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Lantis; 08-06-2009, 09:21 PM.

A V6? Man I would've gotten the V8.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
      A V6? Man I would've gotten the V8.
      I drive 42 miles a day to work and back. and I got it for 3K under blue book. it's a great daily.

if it was a project car then I probably would have opted for a GT as well. But this isn't gonna be a 10 second drag car or anything like that.

Comment

You should drop a 4.8 in it..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
        Bought from: ChampCoupe
        Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis View Post
          I drive 42 miles a day to work and back. and I got it for 3K under blue book. it's a great daily.

if it was a project car then I probably would have opted for a GT as well. But this isn't gonna be a 10 second drag car or anything like that.
          understandable.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I like the V6 wheels, classic
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i saw the new body style today, better looking. v6 with a slushbox?

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr View Post
                i saw the new body style today, better looking. v6 with a slushbox?
                yeah the 2010 has a more aggressive styled front end for sure. but I am like the rear of this one more and you can always swap out front fascias and hoods to something more aggressive or that you like, alot easier than remodeling the rear end.

yeah it's auto but it's actually geared really well for "spirited driving" and it comes standard with a button that turns off the overdrive gear so it's still fun to drive I think.

plus if you've never been in one, the cup holders are right where your arm needs to be to shift, so if you had a manual and you had a drink in your cup holder it would kinda suck

Comment

nice, very nice hope you enjoy the blue oval, because i am.
                  one question thought, does the head lights emit the same brightness with the covers or is there a huge difference in brightness?

Originally posted by visualpoet
                  some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis View Post

You got that Mustang for less than 3K? How?
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                      You got that Mustang for less than 3K? How?
                      reading pawns you

3k under what it books

so exmp, mustang is going for 12gs, he got it for 9gs

and imo, those v6 mustangs are shit
                      i could wipe one of those off the road in a grand prix gt, and i have.
                      nothing but a chick car
                      theres alot better cars out there for the money

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                        reading pawns you

3k under what it books

so exmp, mustang is going for 12gs, he got it for 9gs

and imo, those v6 mustangs are shit
                        i could wipe one of those off the road in a grand prix gt, and i have.
                        nothing but a chick car
                        theres alot better cars out there for the money
                        3K under what it books is nice! I would get a Rouch, Cobra, GT, or something like that though!
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

You could have gotten a slightly older one in mint condition with a more powerful engine if thats your thing.

I know its gonna be hard trying to keep your foot off the gas when driving a more powerful car and just being able to punch it just because lol.

Comment

I miss my GT.

The cupholders were a flaw.

If you had 2 drinks, then 2nd and 4th gear were useless. Luckily, they make enough torque that going from 1st to 3rd isn't a problem.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                              nice, very nice hope you enjoy the blue oval, because i am.
                              one question thought, does the head lights emit the same brightness with the covers or is there a huge difference in brightness?
                              yeah the stock headlights are almost useless at night with the headlight covers on them. Luckily I don't drive much at night, although I took the covers off anyways mostly because the drivers side bottom kept popping loose on the freeway and I got tired of having to drive around with it hanging off and snapping it back into place whenever I stopped. I dunno what was wrong, never had a problem with the passenger side, and it seemed to pop off only when I accelerated more than just a gradual increase so maybe body flex or something? I threw them in the trunk to maybe use at shows or something cause it really adds to the front end just not worth the hassle for everyday driving. probably gonna put HID's on it and source some driving/fog lights.

Clean_4th gen: lol, jhoff_cb7, is right, I got it for $15K and blue book on it is like $18K and I really didn't have time to wait months to pick up a new car when I bought it cause the accord was starting to fail and wasn't gonna last much longer, it just couldn't handle the heat and was overheating badly anytime I drove it and it had no air conditioning. the mustang however has air so cold I have yet to turn it on max setting and when I first bought it was so used to driving with all the windows down in a super hot car that I almost froze my ass off driving it back to work from picking it up at the dealership.

jhoff_cb7: yeah stock it's not super fast but there are turbo and s/c bolt on kits that will make it a ton faster for cheap. I'm not sure about doing any of that though. Right now I'm just enjoying having a fun, sporty daily with environmental controls and a radio that work.

h22sparkle, turbomaxx, Clean_4th gen: Yeah I wasn't so sure if I was gonna like it or not at first, but after I test drove it and realized it doesn't turn any worse than the accord did (and if you step on the gas in the turn you can whip the back end around and turn it on a dime, but don't tell the FWPD ok ) yeah I figured it would make a good DD and then maybe I would go pick up a used S2000 or a old wrx or Z or something as a project car and strip it down as a pretty much go out and wail on anyone that has the balls to pull up next to me car. But after driving this for a few days, I'm thinking that maybe picking up a GT once I finish paying this one off would not be so bad. but I'm still undecided, I may just get some cheap car for now and stick with my original plan of having a stripped out street machine and then when I pay off this mustang, trade it on a new GT for a replacement DD. dunno though, got a couple years (unless I get a large raise sometime soon) to think about it before I'm ready to put down on a project car.

frankly, I wouldn't mind having another CB if it's not gonna have to be my daily and maybe play around with that. Used CB's are plentiful and I kinda miss the way it drives. the mustang feels real floaty on the freeway especially when it's windy. it might just be cause it's got crap tires on it, I always rolled high end tires on the CB because a good tire can save your life even if your car isn't some super street machine that needs that quality of tire. having good tires on that CB kept me from losing grip and sliding into other cars in the rain a few times.

Comment

Working...
                              X