Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

GM synchromesh Manual transmission fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM synchromesh Manual transmission fluid

Good day to everyone. 91 Accord EX 5spd with about 227k on it. Third and 5th gear are somewhat harder to slide into when upshifting. I recently changed the fluid using Honda MTF, and it seemed to actually make it harder to slide into. I've read that GM synchromesh might help this problem.

Would it help or is it just a matter of things getting old and me needed to use more muscle?

Thanks,
    Cris P.

The Honda fluid should've helped anything that a fluid change could... but Synchromesh could be worth a shot. Get the friction modified type. I had bad grinds in 3rd and 5th before synchromesh (granted, I was running gear oil and didn't know it...) and Syncromesh worked wonders.

Comment

Synchromesh rocks. Slapped a bit in my 1990 LX, and it shifts smooth as butter. =]

Comment

i put the new revised honda mtf and it seemed to work as well as synchromesh.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          i put the new revised honda mtf and it seemed to work as well as synchromesh.
          what's the new one look like? i changed mine not long ago but i don't know if it was the new stuff or not

anyways, i used the honda manual fluid and it definitely helped my third gear grind. it's not gone, but it helped a ton. i'd be willing to bet if you changed your fluid more often than suggested in most repair manuals, it would reduce the grinding significantly.
          90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
            what's the new one look like? i changed mine not long ago but i don't know if it was the new stuff or not

anyways, i used the honda manual fluid and it definitely helped my third gear grind. it's not gone, but it helped a ton. i'd be willing to bet if you changed your fluid more often than suggested in most repair manuals, it would reduce the grinding significantly.
            at one point i was changing it every 6k.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post

Question on syncromesh.

Its kinda expensive... do you put 1 bottle in, or 3 like a tranny fluid and refill job would b.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Where the hell do I get this stuff? this sounds like good stuff.

Comment

Any GM dealer.

The transmission will take just under 2 bottles.

Comment

synchromesh is great stuff! its my fluid of choice.
                    Yeah...the R is for Race.

Comment

synchromesh did miracle whit my M2A4 tranny!!! They difference is like day and night!

MY RIDE PAGE 2010:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=163097
                      2009:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146532

Comment

I put some on my genitals, no more road rash!

Comment

are you guys still using this stuff?i cant find it online.I went to local gm dealer and the fkn guy didnt want to sell it to me, because apperntly i drive a honda he heard some people are using it on hondas.wtf and $17.95 wow that stuff is kinda expansive

Comment

Every second oil change I change the Trans fluid. Syncromesh is the shit.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
                              are you guys still using this stuff?i cant find it online.I went to local gm dealer and the fkn guy didnt want to sell it to me, because apperntly i drive a honda he heard some people are using it on hondas.wtf and $17.95 wow that stuff is kinda expansive
                              Honda or not, that sales person is an idiot if he doesn't recognize a sale when it is in his face.

Comment

Working...
                              X