history in the making: world's first complete 5 lug swap of a cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    i could have sworn i saw a cb9 (technically not a cb7, but just a wagon-7)with a 5 lug conversion last year......online, some write up...HT or somewhere, dunno, but they used NSX/odyssey parts......
    if you have a link, let me know! not for competition's sake, but simply sharing knowledge and spreading info.

Originally posted by Accrdkid
    Hey El did he mention how long it took him to complete the conversion?
    check the link i provided in the 1st post! it was a step by step sort of thing, he's a student (and we all know how that is). as far as how long it would take if you and a friend just attacked it... maybe it would take a weekend. i'm not really sure. k-mart or h23accord may have a better idea then me.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
      if you have a link, let me know! not for competition's sake, but simply sharing knowledge and spreading info.

check the link i provided in the 1st post! it was a step by step sort of thing, he's a student (and we all know how that is). as far as how long it would take if you and a friend just attacked it... maybe it would take a weekend. i'm not really sure. k-mart or h23accord may have a better idea then me.
      K man just chill I was just wondering lol
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
        K man just chill I was just wondering lol
        damn internet and it's inability to convey affect and tone of voice. meant it more out of excitement, not a scolding parental voice, lol. i can see how it may have come across that way, but that's not what i intended.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Its cool yeha the internet doesnt really convey emotions as you can tell...lol

Tis all good though
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

One Word

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
            If God is for Me
            Who Dares be aganist Me!
            BX Crew
            HSHO # 6
            Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

shits fuckin sick! makes me wanna do it
              92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Mann Im next now lol im start looking for items good i got a ex coupe all ready i can save a little money. Hopefully i can meat kmart uncle and sean this year at nopi nationals this year. Most likely im take the offer i got for my 18 inch volk knock off wheels that 800 in my pocket and get prelude stocks chromed and ill be straight
                Last edited by ACCORDinglynice; 01-10-2005, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words...

All of the actual hands on work added up probably took a full day for everything. I can't say for sure because in addition to the five lug swap I replaced almost everything in that area just as some preventative maintenance and converted to rear disc in the process. I would definately set aside a full weekend to do it though.. And do it not on a Holiday weekend because you'll most likely have to make at least one trip to the parts store .

There is a full write-up in the works and it should be posted within the next few days. I'd like to snap some more pictures of everything with the wheels off so I can make it easier to understand than just plain text combined with imagination.

Thanks again to everyone
                  Sean

For Sale: CB7 Climate Control Knobs. Replace your broken ones. $8 shipped or $15 for two. Even hondaautomotiveparts.com sells them for $8.79 BEFORE shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a
                    Thanks for all of the kind words...

All of the actual hands on work added up probably took a full day for everything. I can't say for sure because in addition to the five lug swap I replaced almost everything in that area just as some preventative maintenance and converted to rear disc in the process. I would definately set aside a full weekend to do it though.. And do it not on a Holiday weekend because you'll most likely have to make at least one trip to the parts store .

There is a full write-up in the works and it should be posted within the next few days. I'd like to snap some more pictures of everything with the wheels off so I can make it easier to understand than just plain text combined with imagination.

Thanks again to everyone
                    Sean
                    Sean u set off 2005 for the cb7's. Hopefully we can meet at nopi

Comment

Here is my favorite shot of Elliot's that was taken last night:

For Sale: CB7 Climate Control Knobs. Replace your broken ones. $8 shipped or $15 for two. Even hondaautomotiveparts.com sells them for $8.79 BEFORE shipping.

Comment

Will u be at Nopi Nationals this year

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDinglynice
                          Sean u set off 2005 for the cb7's. Hopefully we can meet at nopi
                          Thanks, and sure thing about Nopi. We'll exchange numbers around that time, hopefully we can get a big group together from CB7T and AccordTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a
                            Thanks, and sure thing about Nopi. We'll exchange numbers around that time, hopefully we can get a big group together from CB7T and AccordTuner.
                            Yea no doubt if i knew about this web site last year we would of met at nopi

Comment

Lollllll... awww man I got beaten to the punch! I just need the oddysey parts for the front and the calipers and brackets for the front.

Ohh yeah and the gunmetal ITR wheels of course.

Looks good though man, props.

For anyone intrested: My wheels and AEM BBK will be for sale shortly. PM for prices.
                              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i dunno this guy on honda tech claims to be the first he wrote im way ahead of u to uncle el

Comment

Working...
                                X