Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Edm??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edm??

Hi, i just wonder were you guys got the idea that EDM CB`s came with that foglight setup in the rear bumper? I have never seen one CB with foglight mounted in the bumper, they are integrated in the tails. And there is no such thing as a EDM front foglight made ecspecially for the CB, they were DEALER options and you could get ending up with all sorts of foglights depending on what dealer you got it installed from. There is not a EDM foglight made for the CB. I work at Honda in Norway and i just wonder where you guys got the idea from? Sorry my bad english:/

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Oh great. All of us who think we are so awesome with our EDM rear fog now realize we are just posers. Way to rain on our parade
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Cb3vtec View Post
      Hi, i just wonder were you guys got the idea that EDM CB`s came with that foglight setup in the rear bumper? I have never seen one CB with foglight mounted in the bumper, they are integrated in the tails. And there is no such thing as a EDM front foglight made ecspecially for the CB, they were DEALER options and you could get ending up with all sorts of foglights depending on what dealer you got it installed from. There is not a EDM foglight made for the CB. I work at Honda in Norway and i just wonder where you guys got the idea from? Sorry my bad english:/
      well since u brought that up. u wouldnt mind getting one for me then? BTW what's ur cb look like?
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Haha, did`t mean to ruin anything, just wanted to know who said that is EDM. There were some 80`s accord with that rear foglight but thats it. They were also standard on many 80`s EDM cars...

Comment

hahahahaha, you don't know how funny this is to me now i can imagine everyone's faces with that rear fog going "...wait... but.. what?"

thanks for sharing that information, always good to get things straight with people.

all i can say to the people with the fog is, "ouch. sorry :\ at least it looks good."
          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

The rear fog in the bumper is JDM. As stated, the EDM rear fog was integrated in the tail light.

The front fogs were a dealer option? Interesting.
            These are the fogs that we've always considered EDM (which they still are, even if they're not OEM EDM... ) Still I was always under the assumption that they were an OEM part!

Comment

I have 3 fogs in my rear bumper. Does that mean I'm extra pose? Omg I fail jk. That's cool to hear from someone from europe about the oem style

Comment

yes, they were dealer options, those lights you have there is just a "foglight" a aftermarked foglight which you can buy in a auto parts store. No such thing as EDM foglight for the CB. Just wanted to see were the idea came from

Comment

Well, if it's sold in Europe, it's still EDM... We don't have that style here as a dealer option.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb3vtec View Post
                    yes, they were dealer options, those lights you have there is just a "foglight" a aftermarked foglight which you can buy in a auto parts store. No such thing as EDM foglight for the CB. Just wanted to see were the idea came from
                    Then why is there a round hole outlined inside 92/93 front bumpers for EDM round fogs? Did Honda know before hand people were going to install aftermarket round fogs? Why didn't they outline a rectangular hole for aftermarket fogs?

(Edit: This post is in reference to front round fog lights)
                    Last edited by JoshM; 04-16-2010, 07:46 PM.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i find it funny learning this considering people sell them as edm rear fogs for well over a hundred bucks, when there not rue edm. there jdm which is still expensive anyhow...

im getting one from a montero sport suv, original eh

Comment

Well, i asked one of the older mecanics here at my work from the older days who made new cb`s ready fore delivery and he said there never where a EDM foglight for the Accord, there were aftermarked ones they could install for the customer but not any specific for the cb. Why there is a round hole cut lines in the bumper i don`t know, maybe they were alternatives in other countrys, maybe is is just lines and marks from the production, I dont know, all i know is that there were no SPECIFIC EDM foglight for the CB accord. But were did you guys hear it was EDM?

Comment

here are some pics of typicall cb from norway, this is how it look originally...

Comment

Maybe they were available in other Eurpoean countries.

Canadian CBs have different features than US CBs. They get DRLs, a block heater, heated seats...
                            Perhaps the round foglights were available in the UK?

OR, maybe it was something Honda prepared to do, and then didn't follow through. For example, the 2nd gen Legend's transmission case seems to have been designed with the possibility of a transfer case for AWD, but there was never an AWD model released in that generation.

Comment

yes, that could be it The UK have som cb stuff we don`t have, but a standard ex here came with:
                              Heated seats
                              Electric Seats
                              Electric mirrors and windows
                              DRL`s
                              2,2l with 150hp
                              block heater
                              All black interior
                              Electric sun roof
                              front lip
                              side markers
                              and a honda sound system with cd changer in trunk.
                              a a keyless doors

A dx came with manual windows
                              no sunroof
                              a simpler radio
                              a f20a2 carb engine with 110hp

lx
                              All electric but grey interior and the f20a4 engine with 136hp.

Comment

Working...
                              X