jsk coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jsk coilovers

hey guys. im looking for some coilovers and stumbled across these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-97...Q5fAccessories

are they any good? any one have them?

and yes i already searched and found nothing on these. and i dont want to hear what other suspension/coilovers would be better. i just want some input on THESE coilovers.

they are prolly not any better than any other off the shelf coilover....

no personal experience but you get what you pay for.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
      they are prolly not any better than any other off the shelf coilover....

no personal experience but you get what you pay for.
      what are some other "off the shelf coilover"?

and function form coilovers are just $80 more.

Comment

off the shelf coilovers:

F&F
        D2
        KSport
        Tein
        etc.

if KW made coilovers for the CB's those would be the best coilovers to get for the price.

heres a link to a thread on where someone put the shocks from a set of k-sports on a shock dyno, as you can see neither of the fronts or rear shocks matched each other.
        http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123666252

if your gonna spend that type of money i would suggest getting the neuspeed super cup kit with the race springs, you can go pretty low and you get the best damper available for our cars.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

FYI

They used to go by www.jskinnovations.com. The website is no longer up but other forums suggest that the guy now only seems to sell through Ebay. I did see a few reviews of them on other sites. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

off the shelf coilovers:

F&F
            D2
            KSport
            Tein
            etc.

if KW made coilovers for the CB's those would be the best coilovers to get for the price.

heres a link to a thread on where someone put the shocks from a set of k-sports on a shock dyno, as you can see neither of the fronts or rear shocks matched each other.
            http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123666252

if your gonna spend that type of money i would suggest getting the neuspeed super cup kit with the race springs, you can go pretty low and you get the best damper available for our cars.
            thanks for the info.

neuspeed super cup kit wont get me as low as i want. so i thats why i want full coilovers.

anyone know the spring rate on these JSK coilovers?

Comment

Ok a few things.

First, they look sketchy. If they don't even advertise the spring rates, that should be an immediate flag up telling you to stay away. Who knows how inconsistent those springs and dampers could be. The damper valvings could be as bad as the Ksports.

Also, KW does make a variant for the CB, but I don't feel that even they are the best. They are still overpriced. Probably THE best full coilover for the CB is AMR engineering...those are custom made though.

I agree, you're better off with a Koni or Bilstein shock and throwing on a coilover sleeve than buying those coilovers.

If function and forms are only 80 more, I would just buy those. They are a much more reputable company at the very least.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                Ok a few things.

First, they look sketchy. If they don't even advertise the spring rates, that should be an immediate flag up telling you to stay away. Who knows how inconsistent those springs and dampers could be. The damper valvings could be as bad as the Ksports.

Also, KW does make a variant for the CB, but I don't feel that even they are the best. They are still overpriced. Probably THE best full coilover for the CB is AMR engineering...those are custom made though.

I agree, you're better off with a Koni or Bilstein shock and throwing on a coilover sleeve than buying those coilovers.

If function and forms are only 80 more, I would just buy those. They are a much more reputable company at the very least.

i was waiting for you to chime in. thanks.

ye im probably going to go with the function forms.

Comment

Originally posted by [sLow]CB View Post
                  i was waiting for you to chime in. thanks.

ye im probably going to go with the function forms.
                  I would still do Koni or Bilstein, unless you just don't have that kind of money.

Comment

I would still do Koni or Bilstein, unless you just don't have that kind of money.
                    from my understanding he's going for more of a look over form. hence why he wants the full coilovers. i still think you could get pretty low on the lowest perch on the koni sp3 shock with the neuspeed race springs or even the eibach prokit

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Ok a few things.

are they just the v1's?

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

for some reason i dont like the thought of matching shocks and coils. 1 piece coilovers seem like they are already matched up and ready to go. and in the end i dont really need expensive suspension setup. i just DD my cb. i dont auto x. or anything like that. so i want a nice reliable setup that doesnt cost me alot.

Comment

from my understanding he's going for more of a look over form. hence why he wants the full coilovers. i still think you could get pretty low on the lowest perch on the koni sp3 shock with the neuspeed race springs or even the eibach prokit
                          i drive about 10-20 miles a day. i dont really need expensive suspension.

Comment

You can get as low as you need for performance, but for some they want to slam the car. If you look at my car, it is on Koni SP3's and Neuspeed race springs on the lowest perch.

are they just the v1's?
                            For his sake, he would get the type 1's. Type 2's seem to be out of his price range.

for some reason i dont like the thought of matching shocks and coils. 1 piece coilovers seem like they are already matched up and ready to go. and in the end i dont really need expensive suspension setup. i just DD my cb. i dont auto x. or anything like that. so i want a nice reliable setup that doesnt cost me alot.
                            i drive about 10-20 miles a day. i dont really need expensive suspension.
                            I understand what you're saying about just DD-ing the car, but unfortunately quality and reliability don't some cheap. The one-piece coilovers are supposed to be matched, but as you can see in that k-sport chart, many of them are not because the quality isn't there.

There's always a compromise in quality, reliability, or price when it comes to suspensions, you just have to make your own choice. If you DD the car, and you're on a budget(which you obviously are), I feel that the absolute best bang for the buck is the Koni STR.t shock. Pair that with some softer-end ground controls, and you have a reliable, comfortable, lifetime warranty setup for about $500.

The Koni STR.t's are valved about the same as the Koni yellows on full soft, and though Koni's are amazing, they are not the shock of god himself. So, you still need to be careful about how stiff of a spring you put on them, hence why I say you need to be careful about your spring rate when buying coilover sleeves.

Comment

^ thanks bro. i always like reading what you have to say. you truely know your stuff. i guess i have to think about this a little more then.

Comment

Working...
                              X