Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"yellow" lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"yellow" lights?

i was just wondering how you guys got that yellow light look in your headlights, not the whole headlight but the inner part. Is it the light bulb or a film? and is the light used for low or high beam? or just for fog?

This is off topic but im trying to replace the front speakers and i cant seem to get the grill off. The manual says it just comes off but i ended up just prying out the bottom right of the door panel.

Thanks!

^MRT^

mines done with the stained glass paint. its just for highs but you can do whatever you want with it.

COUPE K24

Comment

3000k HID

Comment

Originally posted by AmznAzn View Post
        i was just wondering how you guys got that yellow light look in your headlights, not the whole headlight but the inner part. Is it the light bulb or a film? and is the light used for low or high beam? or just for fog?
        Some people change their high beam bulb with a yellow one. But most take apart the headlight and spray the high beam reflector with yellow glass paint.
        Originally posted by AmznAzn View Post
        This is off topic but im trying to replace the front speakers and i cant seem to get the grill off. The manual says it just comes off but i ended up just prying out the bottom right of the door panel.
        U have to remove the entire door panel to get to the speaker. Or just pull out the bottom of it like u did but its a lot easier to deal with the speaker if u just go head and remove the entire panel. Pretty simple really.

Comment

u get a stained glass spray in yellow from a arts n craps store. check out the diys on splitting the headlights open n spray them. i did mines black housing wit the yellow hi. a bit of masking but its uncomfortable masking the inside but patience is key.

Comment

can always get a precut sheet of transparent yellow film and cover the entire light and run whatever bulbs you want.

Comment

Thanks guys!

^MRT^

Comment

Originally posted by shitbox90ex View Post
                can always get a precut sheet of transparent yellow film and cover the entire light and run whatever bulbs you want.
                great idea man .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Comment

yeah there is a DIY on how to do it pretty much you just take the headlights out first you wanna take off you bumper and than once thats complete you wanna take out your headlights and take the brackets off and preheat your over to 220 degrees than once its hot stick your lights in and wait about 8-9 minutes and when you pull them out.. using oven mitts i hope use a flat tip screw driver and pry the glass CAREFULLY.. last time i did it i chipped the glass and it hit my lip i was bleeding forever and a half. but yeah once your glass lens is off mask the sides or if you already black housed then just spray carefully as well drips are ugly but just be patient a light coat gives a brighter yellow multiple coats deeper yellow to many coats ugly yellow lol.. but yeah hope this helps.

What Do You Tell a Chick With 2 Black Eye's?
                    Nothing You Already Told Her Twice

Comment

I have always baked lights around 200* then it doesnt burn your skin when you try to open them. When you use oven mits you have a hard time gripping the light.

I have used a heat gun before but that process takes almost an hour per headlight if you do it properly...
                      Call me Travis.
                      2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                      1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                      1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                      1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

my headlights have the yellow, and then some
                        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

have a ? i wanna do this mod with the blk out look too do u paint the yellow on the chrome part or the clear lense part ????
                          Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
                          Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

Comment

i sooo wanna do this to my future CB lol

Originally posted by super sox View Post
                            have a ? i wanna do this mod with the blk out look too do u paint the yellow on the chrome part or the clear lense part ????
                            spray the chrome part with yellow glass stain

Comment

just baked your headlights, removed the lense cover and that will leave the silver exposed for you to do whatever color you like. just becareful on the temperature and time you leave it in the oven.

Comment

Working...
                              X