Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a4 in cb7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a4 in cb7 ?

I found a used h22a4 engine block from a prelude , and he says the crank shaft is wrecked ! but said its rebuildable so its the, engine block, rods, pistons and head! for $120 ! no transmission or other parts hoses etc , can I use my f22a9 manual transmission with this block ? thanks

Take a look at the Swaps section of this site. The H22 installation information is located at the very top.

If the crank is damaged, other parts may be damaged as well. I'm wondering HOW the crank got damaged, as that is pretty much the strongest part of the engine!

Yes, you can use your transmission.

Comment

if i was to rebuild the engine , is there much aftermarket parts out there for this and what will costs be like ?

Comment

It's an H22A. The "4" just designates that it's a model primarily used in a USDM 5th generation Prelude. It's nothing special. Any H22 parts will work.
        As for costs, that's on you. Look around.

Comment

what u mean by its nothing special ?

Comment

is no different than JDM h22a or USDM h22a1. That means you can get anything for H22a or h22a1 and it will fit h22a4 (except for a distributor and other electrical parts). You feel like buying additional parts for broken h22a4 - go for it. Right now you can easily find a healthy h22a4 for 700-900$ and have no problems with it.

Comment

It's just an H22A. It's nothing unique. I believe it has larger crank journals, at least if it's a 97+, compared to the older ones... but something tells me this means nothing to you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                It's just an H22A. It's nothing unique. I believe it has larger crank journals, at least if it's a 97+, compared to the older ones... but something tells me this means nothing to you anyway.
                jdm h22 shits all over usdm h22

Comment

Originally posted by russell707 View Post
                  Why are you posting random irrelevant information? This has nothing to do with the op's question.
                  wat?

Comment

yes it means it has larger crank journals

Comment

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                      is no different than JDM h22a or USDM h22a1. That means you can get anything for H22a or h22a1 and it will fit h22a4 (except for a distributor and other electrical parts). You feel like buying additional parts for broken h22a4 - go for it. Right now you can easily find a healthy h22a4 for 700-900$ and have no problems with it.
                      its a $70 AUD engine , supposed teh head is alright , I could buy and have it around till I learn a bit more then rebuild some parts , well thats what im thinkinin!

Comment

Really? Please explain why.
                        They make the same power, so I guess the JDM one is better because it comes from Japan, right?

Originally posted by cb7000 View Post
                        yes it means it has larger crank journals
                        Yes, and do you know what that means? Does that matter to you?

Comment

deev... why even bother wasting your time?

Comment

To the OP... If you have the time and money to invest in making sure the motor is salvagable, I say go for it. However be sure you're willing to put forth extra cash for any things that may come up unexpectidly.

Really man! Everyone is giving the OP the answers he needs and you post that. You successfully made us all feel for you, and the little world you live in... Basically you came in this thread and did this....

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                            PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Really? Please explain why.
                              They make the same power, so I guess the JDM one is better because it comes from Japan, right?
                              didn't you hear deev? they make them with rice gaskets and have shinigami cure the block for added 32.5 hp! im pretty sure i heard this while playing Maximum Tune 3...

anyways, IMO get the engine and tinker with it so you know whats where and get a better feel for it, i did this with a 91 MR2 3S-GTE. Just me tho. Theres a great 4 part series on youtube on how to build up a B series, which is pretty much the same as the H. I'll give you the links if you'd like.

Like Dariuz said, H and F series are like damn lego blocks you can pretty much switch anything around
                              Originally posted by scudweiser
                              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Working...
                              X