WTF!!! Drivers door wont open!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF!!! Drivers door wont open!!!!

okay... you already read the headline. My door will not open for shit. Inside or out. Window and locks work fine manually or electrically. Even with the key! Im asuming the hook or stick on the bar or somethin internal got loose. Anyway to fix it? I knoe the only way was to open the door first LOL. CRAP!!!!!! Im SO !!! And I look hella stupid too. Like "Why the hell is he gettin out the car from the passenger's side?" FFFFFFFRRRREAAAAKIN' A!!!

I am no longer using this forum name.
    You can find me as
    jdm_inspired...
    I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

good luck dude... i ended up taking off the driver side door panel and taking a hammer and chisel to the actual locking mechanisim untill it was not locked, then went to a junkyard and picked up another door.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
      good luck dude... i ended up taking off the driver side door panel and taking a hammer and chisel to the actual locking mechanisim untill it was not locked, then went to a junkyard and picked up another door.
      dang so this happened to someone before?? I was thinkin of getting the door from the hinges near the fender. Fuckin hondas. lol. pulling the whole door out. Hmmmmm.... it sucked didnt it?

You can find me as
      jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

No, just pull the inner door panel off and unlatch the door manually, it should open right up. I've seen this a couple times before on these.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
          No, just pull the inner door panel off and unlatch the door manually, it should open right up. I've seen this a couple times before on these.
          dont you need the door to be open to take off the panel? please tell me i dont gotta rip da shit off??? Right ... freakin A!!! LOL...i have work and im on my lunch so ill try tomorrow...THANKS FAM!!!

You can find me as
          jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

even if the doors not open, get all of the screws out, you can get them all, aside from the little plastic thing next to the dashboard. take out the handle, and then if you work it right, you can get the whole thing to come out. just be carefull, my door panel started to rip a little bit, nothing major though.

and as far as unlatching it manualy, i found it really difficult. None of the mechanisms on the plastic piece containing the lock worked to open it up. Something inside broke. My intent orignally was just to break off the cover, but alas, i ended up breaking some metal peice, so i just kept going untill the door opened. Taking the door off was fairly easy. If you pull the wires, that stick into the door, there's plugs, i think 2 maybe just one, i dont remember. then there's 4 bolts holding the door on. The hardest part was trying to get the door lined up right, so that it didn't hit the frame too much when closing. I had other probelms with the driver side door as well, like the window motor broke and it was dented pretty good from someone slamming their car door into it. I just said screw it, 75 bucks for a new door solved my problems...
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
              even if the doors not open, get all of the screws out, you can get them all, aside from the little plastic thing next to the dashboard. take out the handle, and then if you work it right, you can get the whole thing to come out. just be carefull, my door panel started to rip a little bit, nothing major though.

and as far as unlatching it manualy, i found it really difficult. None of the mechanisms on the plastic piece containing the lock worked to open it up. Something inside broke. My intent orignally was just to break off the cover, but alas, i ended up breaking some metal peice, so i just kept going untill the door opened. Taking the door off was fairly easy. If you pull the wires, that stick into the door, there's plugs, i think 2 maybe just one, i dont remember. then there's 4 bolts holding the door on. The hardest part was trying to get the door lined up right, so that it didn't hit the frame too much when closing. I had other probelms with the driver side door as well, like the window motor broke and it was dented pretty good from someone slamming their car door into it. I just said screw it, 75 bucks for a new door solved my problems...

when i installe dthe door i fucking cut all the fucking wires and i wasn't even drunk. wtf was i thinking.

anywas. check and see if probably something has snapped off. if everything is fine then u have to get a long flat screw driver and brake the door mechanisme from the inside of the door. its a pain in the ass. i got a new door.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i had the same problem, had to order new parts and remove the driver seat to instal

Comment

This from a PDF I found some time ago...

TSB 012
                  Issue Date: October, 2000
                  Application: 90-93 Accords
                  This TSB was issued by Tech-2- Tech which is not affiliated with American Honda or Honda Motor Co
                  Opening a Door With a Stuck Door Latch
                  © 1997-2001 Tech2Tech Website—Greensboro, NC—All Rights Reserved Page 1 of 1
                  SYMPTOM
                  The drivers door will not open from either the
                  inside or outside door handle. All the linkages
                  are still in place yet, the door latch will not release.
                  PROBABLE CAUSE
                  The door latch assembly fails internally. The
                  latch is not serviceable.
                  CORRECTIVE ACTION
                  The fix is to replace the defective door latch
                  with a new one. The problem is getting the defective
                  one off the car. Honda never issued a
                  TSB on this problem, but many techs in the field
                  perfected a way to drill into the latch and release
                  it, allowing the door to open.
                  Follow this procedure:
                  Remove the inner door panel. This can be tough
                  since the door is stuck closed. It is usually easier
                  if you un-bolt the drivers seat and slide it to the
                  rear or totally remove it (if you can).
                  Measure from the center of the "pivot rivet" drop
                  down 1 1/16" and center punch a hole. The hole
                  should be horizontally about 1/8" from the embossed
                  stiffening ridge (to the door skin side).
                  See Image 1 for reference.
                  Drill this hole with a 1/8" drill bit. Stop when
                  the bit goes through the first layer of metal. Redrill
                  the hole using a 1/4" drill bit. After drilling
                  through the first layer, let the drill bit go further
                  and hit the internal parts of the latch.
                  Normally the drill bit will hit the right latch part
                  and the latch will release. If it does not, use a
                  screwdriver through the 1/4" hole to release the
                  latch. Simply turning and moving a flat screwdriver
                  tip inside the 1/4" hole will usually release
                  the latch. If all else fails, drill this hole larger
                  and try again to hit the release.

Comment

don't try a crawbar to open the door. lol did that and i need a new door. lol.
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

u know what i did go inside take the door handle off unscrew the one screw the take the latch off and pull the long rod the plastic thing on the the handle might be broken sheck before u go nuts no need to take door panel off u could probly reach inside if u have small hand i couldnt i have fat hands had to get a friend to do it

(\__/)
                      (O.o )
                      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Working...
                      X