Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filter

whats you guys take on oil filter brands. i run the K/N .any issues with one of these guys/gals ?
    Also , some brands you trust ?

Thanks

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

I have been using the Purolator gold filters for quite a while and I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

I was using Fram before but once i heard that they were using cardboard for important parts, i quit.

Comment

Fram is crap, my mechanic says he's had people's engines die on them because of the cardboard. I always use Honda OEM works the best, all the "high performance" ones I don't think would do shit. It's a oil filter, all the mechanics and I know use Honda OEM.
      Current:
      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Watch this video and make your own decision.

Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

i use oem honda.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
            Fram is crap, my mechanic says he's had people's engines die on them because of the cardboard. I always use Honda OEM works the best, all the "high performance" ones I don't think would do shit. It's a oil filter, all the mechanics and I know use Honda OEM.
            Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            i use oem honda.

Watch the video, you'll change your mind after.
            Last edited by HATCHing; 03-22-2011, 12:41 AM.
            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

I use the oem Honda filter as well

Comment

Ive always used STP or K&N.So now that ik basicly the cheaper the better.Ok ive heard rumors of some filters bumping up oil psi i think its for a diffrent model honda, but which one?

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Looks like I'm not going to be using OEM Honda anymore.....I felt a difference when I switched over to K&N for a promotional thing they had at Advance auto with the filter and it felt a lot more free than Honda now I know why.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                  2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Is Honda America still using Fram to produce their filters? When i ran a Fram in my Dakota, there was terrible sounds coming from the engine right after an oil change.

This kind of sucks because i have three more of those fram made Honda filters.

Comment

humm i dont think im gonna be runing fram on my car anymore even tho my dad swares by them

Comment

Now i'm curious how the Purolator gold ones are built.

Comment

In my vr4 and my corvette I run redline oil with K&N filter. In the accord I usually get whatever advanced auto has on special... like 5quarts of synthetic and usually a purolator pure one or purolator classic filter.

I have thought about switching to the super tech filter (its the same thing as purolator classic filter) and super tech synthetic oil (lab results show it is nearly identical to castrol synthetic) for my accord. If its basically the same why pay more for a name brand?

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
                            In my vr4 and my corvette I run redline oil with K&N filter. In the accord I usually get whatever advanced auto has on special... like 5quarts of synthetic and usually a purolator pure one or purolator classic filter.

I have thought about switching to the super tech filter (its the same thing as purolator classic filter) and super tech synthetic oil (lab results show it is nearly identical to castrol synthetic) for my accord. If its basically the same why pay more for a name brand?
                            I've always wondered about supertech. where did you see that it was almost identical at?

Comment

Honda oem filters are made by honeywell. I believe they make fram as well....not too sure but I think. I have been using Napa filters which are made by Wix and they are good quality.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

Working...
                              X